Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week (11094 Views)

NFF Tells Rohr To Get Ebere Eze For AFCON 2021 Qualifiers / David Nwolokor Begs Gernot Rohr To Give Him A Chance / Nigeria Vs Argentina: The Formation Iheanacho Wants Rohr To Employ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by damilola4162(m): 11:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gernot Rohr to know fate next week - Sports Minister Sunday Dare

Contrary to reports making the rounds on social media, that Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr, has been sacked, the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, has said that, the coach hasn’t been sacked but will now his fate next week, Newspremises reports.

It was widely reported on Thursday, November 18, that the Franco-German coach had been sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), which the NFF has denied.

However, speaking during the weekly ministerial briefing in Abuja on Thursday, Dare said a decision on Rohr’s future would depend on a report to be submitted by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in the coming days.

This comes days after Nigeria endured a 1-1 draw with minnows, Cape Verde, to book a spot in the next round of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

The match had renewed calls for the sacking of Rohr who has been in charge of the Super Eagles since 2016.

According to Dare, the football body’s report would contain “a review of the team’s performances in recent times.”

He also said the “ministry follows due process in addressing issues concerning the national team and their coaching staff before actions are taken”.

Dare then assured Nigerians the three-time African champions will make it to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/gernot-rohr-to-know-fate-next-week-sports-minister-sunday-dare/

1 Like

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Olarewaju89: 12:19am On Nov 19, 2021
What is this man offense to be sincere with ourselves

The man try his best to make Nigeria qualify for African cup of nations and made it through to world cup play-off, what exactly did you people want again

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Bewiseedet(m): 1:26am On Nov 19, 2021
The last time I watched super eagles match was against Algeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Lincoln275(m): 6:02am On Nov 19, 2021
He has tried

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Joezinho: 6:03am On Nov 19, 2021
This is a just gonna be a case for ‘replacing for replacement’s sake’..

What befalls Amuneke that Amokachi and his ex teammates are clamoring for when he doesn't achieve AFCON gold at the first attempt? Another sacking?

This is the Super Eagles we are talking about. NFF wouldn’t hire the Ghanaian or Cameroonian U17 World Cup-winning coach that ‘carried last’ in AFCON to coach the SE..

We need to learn from the more successful nations how to manage the ups and downs of football. Amodu was fired for the fact that he didn't play 'attractive Nigerian football..We all saw his achievements which at the time were dismissed as "nothing special".

Sack with sense is my advice.

They wana take us back to the dark ages where we had the likes of Oshaniwa, Chiogozie agbim, Egwuekwe, Ruben Gabriel, Uchebor, Ebenezer kunle, Uche Nwofor etc in our squad to the WC.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by geesilver(m): 6:04am On Nov 19, 2021
I don't know if now is the best time to sack him. Nothing impressive in his coaching inspite of the talents in the team...... If not for greediness and lack of respect I believe some of the local coach can do better.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Elock1: 6:04am On Nov 19, 2021
angry

If dem Wan sack am make dem sack am...

All these hide and seek game na for wetin?

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Doyou2019: 6:04am On Nov 19, 2021
Olarewaju89:

The man try his best to make Nigeria qualify for African cup of nations and made it through to world cup play-off, what exactly did you people want again

Senegal and the likes are talking about winning the next Afcon and making the quarters of the World Cup and you are here talking qualifications.

It's this same mediocre mindset that made silly Nigerians vote for their killers and children's murderers for two consecutive times within 5years.
Learn to be a little ambitious, my friend . Learn from Chelsea Football Club.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Skooltynz: 6:05am On Nov 19, 2021
This man is going no where is going no where Nigeria is not ready to pay 600million trust me...

Wooowww YABATECH has just extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too we are here to make your Admission an easy one, if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022#106807249

1 Like

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by princepee: 6:05am On Nov 19, 2021
He should go jare.
He is not qualified to coach even eyinmba
His only qualifications is his skin color.
Let's get Jose morinho or Chelsea coach

1 Like

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by BigDawsNet: 6:05am On Nov 19, 2021
grin

I'm not sure NFF can payout 600m right now...

Las Las they will include some football technical directors in super eagles to assist him ...

I'm confident we are gonna do well at the nations cup

But as for playoffs...
Na anybody win lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by conquerorsegun(m): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2021
I knew they will not sack him but that guy need to be sack and Dare should also resign.
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Elock1: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2021
Olarewaju89:

I understand your point... But to alot of us we feel Nigeria's matches are never convincing even when playing with teams ranked 100 and something upon crop of players he's got.

Technically he seems clueless and doesn't read the game

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by zeusdgrt(m): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2021
Yeye minister
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by szczescie(m): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2021
No do wetin you go regret oh, you fit sack this man na the next coach will say we are building a team and it'll take him 4 to 8 years to do that.

Also how well will the new coach know the team and the players.

Also if you guys are not bringing a renowned world class coach whom we all know then forget it leave Rohr for now

And will this coach be paid because I heard Rohr was not paid for about 6 months or so and he is sometimes paid very late.

My point is no go do wetin you go regret oh.
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2021
Doyou2019:

It's this same mediocrer mindset that made silly Nigerians vote for their killers and children's murderers for two consecutive times within 5years.
Learn to be a little ambitious, my friend . Learn from Chelsea Football Club.
thanks bro, no see him fault e no wan still learn from bubu mistake

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by spy24(m): 6:09am On Nov 19, 2021
If no be say na beef for white men wey we get

This man has done relatively well since he took over from Sunday Olise I don't think we should fire him and bring in all this our tactically deficient Nigerian coaches that cannot beat common North African clubs in caf tournaments

12 Likes

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by HolyHero: 6:09am On Nov 19, 2021
The devil you know is better than the angel you don’t know. I believe he can turn the performance of the team around… getting a new coach now could be detrimental to the team’s performance. It will take a while for the team to understand his performance and tactics. We have political leaders that are performing worse than Gernot, have we sacked them?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by sotall(m): 6:11am On Nov 19, 2021
kiss

He has been sacked.

Just that it isnt official yet
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Judolisco(m): 6:12am On Nov 19, 2021
U no get power to sack am now Mr minister
... We no want wahala with fifa abeg... Let's be guided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by RealAdewole(m): 6:12am On Nov 19, 2021
Man U still will not sack OGS
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by zolajpower: 6:13am On Nov 19, 2021
grin
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by chinchum(m): 6:14am On Nov 19, 2021
How can you sack a coach who has one of the best win and draw statistics in recent times. The turnover in the team is a bit high and there is need for some stability which i think we can achieve at AFCON. we won all our 3 away matches during the 2022 WC qualifier, our home matches were the issue, and the pitch is a suspect by the way. Even in the 2018 world cup, we did not do too badly.

our qualification for 2018 WC was perfect enough that we qualified easily even after losing 3 points and 3 goals for using ineligible player in a group that had Cameroon and Zambia.

Super eagles naturally struggle during qualifiers and do better at tournaments. They want to sack him and replace with whom??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by BABANGBALI: 6:18am On Nov 19, 2021
What did he did now?
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by RealAdewole(m): 6:18am On Nov 19, 2021
HolyHero:
getting a new coach now could be detrimental to the team’s performance. It will take a while for the team to understand his performance and tactics.
not a chelsea fan but CFC has proven this over and over again within the last 2 decades that the qouted is a fallacy. That is why i always admire CFC board, you either deliver or getat... Something man u boards can not do

1 Like

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by ipobarecriminals: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2021
It is in this country our Military will go TV and tell the world their plan against insurgents sad. sad Why tell the world now sad? Why not wait till next week and do whatever u want to do sad? The 68 yrs old man go dey lobby to retain his job.
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 6:20am On Nov 19, 2021
Mumu super Eagles
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 19, 2021
Any country changing coach regularly don't achieve, when a coach can't spend 5 years
Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2021
BABANGBALI:
What did he did now?
INCOMPETENCE.

olaniyiYAH:
Any country changing coach regularly don't achieve, when a coach can't spend 5 years
Which Coach have we changed regularly?

Rohr has been the Coach for FIVE AND A HALF YEARS..

The dude has run out of ideas..

Watching the Super Eagles is an eyesore..

The guy needs to be sacked since yesterday. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Dare: Gernot Rohr To Know His Fate Next Week by paulolee(m): 6:23am On Nov 19, 2021
the gee is already sacked...na dt contract dey delay dm

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup / Confederation Cup: Dana Air Flies Akwa United As Team Heads To Tunisia / Netherlands Vs Qatar: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (2 - 0) On 29th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.