Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? (1142 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by sammyzacks(m): 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
Dangote was supposed to have taken down the price to about N1000 by now. Or does he take Jonathan to be a toothless bulldog?
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by DisGuy: 2:22am On Jun 25, 2011
30days?
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by ayinba1(f): 3:44am On Jun 25, 2011
More like toothless and gumless chihuahua! Ultimatum ko! Shioooorrrr!
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by OAM4J: 5:55am On Jun 25, 2011
lol grin
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by blacksta(m): 6:11am On Jun 25, 2011
it only fell by 150 naira -in most area
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by egift(m): 6:19am On Jun 25, 2011
I actually been waiting for Mr President to order Mama Nkechi to reduce her plate of food. grin grin grin
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by DisGuy: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2011
what did he even say will happen if they dont reduce their price? is he going to spank them or tell them to kneel down?
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:38am On Jun 25, 2011
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha    grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin   Fresh Air
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by karlmax2: 9:41am On Jun 25, 2011
Ignorant is a decease!!! I am a builder cement has gone dowm from 2400 per bag to 1600 per bag do ur market research and come back and talk trash haters
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by karlmax2: 10:05am On Jun 25, 2011
Cement sellers in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have called on the Federal Government to effect further reduction in the cost of cement to make the product affordable to Nigerians.

Some of the dealers, who spoke in Abuja, said that the directive issued by government to cement manufacturers to reduce the price of cement within 30 days had yielded some positive impact.

Expressing his view, Mr. Idris Musa, a cement dealer at Apo village, said there was need for government to reduce the price of cement to enable Nigerians build their own houses.

He recalled that a few weeks back, a bag of cement was sold for more than N3, 000 but that when government issued the directive, the price of the product went down instantly, prompting many people to start buying the product for their construction needs.

"A bag of cement now goes for between N1, 800 and N1, 900 as against N3, 000," he said.

According to him, the high price of cement had affected the sale of cement as builders could not afford the high cost, making most builders to stop work on their projects.

Musa however, expressed optimism that with the reduction of the cost of cement from N3, 000 to between N1, 800 and N1, 900 many builders would resume their projects.

Another dealer and block maker, Miss Favour Chukwu, said she was pleased with the reduction in the price of cement, noting that the high cost of cement had brought low patronage of the product in the market.

"Government's intervention in resolving the problem was a welcome development as there is remarkable improvement of patronage; we don't usually make much sales when there is hike in price but our business thrives more when it's at the lower side," she explained.

On his part, Mr. Ogechukwu Ikeh, also a dealer said the authorities should encourage the building of additional cement factories in the country to produce the commodity in large quantity to meet the demand of consumers.

Ikeh therefore advised the government to also reduce the price of diesel and gas, noting that the cost of other allied products, including transportation also influences the cost of cement in the market.

NAN

Source allafrica.com/, /201106240999.html

I hope u haters digested the article and dis was 3 weeks ago!! Some of u and op don't even knw were they sell cement talkless of what cement looks like!!!
Do some simple research before u come post trash here!! all because your dictator wanna be democrat loser president BUHARI was trounced in the last election and he would soon be disgraced in the tribunal, GEJ is president for next for year if ur not happy Go hang urself ignorant haters!!
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by hercules07: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
Cement in Lagos was going for about 2250 in Lagos three weeks ago, a reduction of 300 naira was not what Jonathan asked for. GEJ should know that when he dines with the devil, he will have to accept whatever comes, how does he expect Dangote to crash prices when the man funded his election, you do not give ultimatums, you put in place policies that will aid the prices to come down.
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2011
Nawa o, some people just take discreditng as their major wok! Cant u people just go to the market and find out. Here n a remote part of Bauchi state, cement was seling fo 1900naira about 2weeks ago and somebody in Kaduna told me he bought it at that price there.
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2011
Even if cement decreases to 700 to a bag GEJ remains a clueless president, we're expecting policies to effect the price of the cement not mouth

intimidation, GEJ don't have a program at hand to deliver this country, Fresh Air, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2011
Cement sellers in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have called on the Federal Government to effect further reduction in the cost of cement to make the product affordable to Nigerians.

if you believe this , you will believe anything
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by karlmax2: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2011
@hacules if u say cement in lagos is 2250 then ur a a mugu in lagos I stay in lekki am supervising a building project there I bought cement today 1600 for a brand called magen-roi (that is if u even knw the brands of cements) mugu I can give u the number of the supplier u can call and confirm or better still if u knw lagos very well take drive the sell cement along the lekki epe express from ikate round about u would see cement sellers stop and ask the price!!!! and stop peddling lies!!!!! Mugu buyin cement in lagos for N2250!! Let me give u the brand and prices so u won't as usuall fall mugu in Lagos

Magen roi N1600
Burham N1800
Elephant N1600
Dangote N1750

This are the price of cement on the lekki epe express road and stop Deceiving urself and stop peddling lie u don't knw anythin about building materials
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by texazzpete(m): 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2011
karl max:

@hacules if u say cement in lagos is 2250 then your a a mugu in lagos I stay in lekki am supervising a building project there I bought cement today 1600 for a brand called magen-roi (that is if u even knw the brands of cements) mugu I can give u the number of the supplier u can call and confirm or better still if u knw lagos very well take drive the sell cement along the lekki epe express from ikate round about u would see cement sellers stop and ask the price!!!! and stop peddling lies!!!!! Mugu buyin cement in lagos for N2250!! Let me give u the brand and prices so u won't as usuall fall mugu in Lagos

Magen roi N1600
Burham N1800
Elephant N1600
Dangote N1750

This are the price of cement on the lekki epe express road and stop Deceiving urself and stop peddling lie u don't knw anythin about building materials

I wonder who really is the mugu here. We are still paying far far more than the price of cement in neighboring countries. People like you are like dogs, easily satisfied with crumbs. It's just like brushing over the power problems in Nigeria by reducing cost of fuel to 50 naira!

Let GEJ go after the price fixing cartel, let him throw open cement manufacturing and importation to everyone. Is that not more in keepin with the 'fresh air' we were promised?
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by DisGuy: 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2011
seasonal effect, dem Jonathan catch some people for mugu, ask cement sellers what usually happen to the price of their products during rainy season
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 26, 2011
Quick question: if cement is really much more expensive in Nigeria than neighboring countries, how come cement is not being smuggled from the same countries into Nigeria? After all, every other good that is cheaper in neighboring countries are smuggled into Nigeria.

By the way, how come every product Dangote sells is not smuggled into Nigeria? I am yet to see smuggled cement, sugar, flour, salt etc. The only time smuggled rice disappeared from Naija was when Dangote was selling rice. They could not compete and were forced out! How does he do it? His products are even sold in the same neighboring countries.
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by karlmax2: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2011
@quote
I wonder who really is the mugu here. We are still paying far far more than the price of cement in neighboring countries. People like you are like dogs, easily satisfied with crumbs. It's just like brushing over the power problems in Nigeria by reducing cost of fuel to 50 naira!

Let GEJ go after the price fixing cartel, let him throw open cement manufacturing and importation to everyone. Is that not more in keepin with the 'fresh air' we were promised? U ignorant people in this site don't seize to amaze me at least u are not in dispute that after his 30days altimatum cement is. Down by 25%, Is mugus like u thinks that a man can come and solve a problem ur mentor BUHARI and his boys caused nigeria wetin one year!! It is ignorant mugu that compare the price of cement with other neibouring country when u don't even knw the price of cement in ur country not to talk about neiboouring country if I may ask u how much does cement cost in benin republic or ghana! I knw u don't even knw keep antagonizing a sitting president!!! Mumu
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by obino4lurv(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2011
Throw open cement manufacturing and importation = lack of quality control of the product = increase in rate of building collapses
Re: How Far With Cement Price Ultimatum? by DisGuy: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
kalokalo:

Quick question: if cement is really much more expensive in Nigeria than neighboring countries, how come cement is not being smuggled from the same countries into Nigeria? After all, every other good that is cheaper in neighboring countries are smuggled into Nigeria.

By the way, how come every product Dangote sells is not smuggled into Nigeria? I am yet to see smuggled cement, sugar, flour, salt etc. The only time smuggled rice disappeared from Naija was when Dangote was selling rice. They could not compete and were forced out! How does he do it? His products are even sold in the same neighboring countries.

the question should be how do THEY do it, they are obviously very big sponsors of the government and direct links with CUSTOMS, they have loose ends covered, the only people that are successful in smuggling these stuff are custom officers or people that have close connections to customs at border areas but they bring it (rice) in relatively smaller quantities that wont hurt a fly

(1) (Reply)

Saudi King Abdullah Vs Libya Leader Muamah Gaddafi / The Secret Diary Of President Goodluck Jonathan / Wetin, Wetin, What Is Happenning: And The Stf Soldier Shot And Killed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.