Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? (1928 Views)

Rate The Guy That Took This Picture / Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design / Who Dies In This Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2007
Hey graphics gurus and apprentices alike, I'd like to test the observation power of some great minds here.

Take a look at the picture below. Can you tell any strange observations on it? I'd like to see the first to get it right.

Cheers

Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by nana(f): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2007
hmm, aint no guru but let me give it a try.
-If d inscription on the globe is for Africa,why is Edinburgh written underneath d globe? The artist tried making this graphic/picture look real wiv the peeps looking but i thing they were looking at the Edinburgh inscription on the floor.
-What is that black box?Looks like a rat trap to me  undecided
-The man on the globe is trying to kick the poverty out by standing on the globe(aint right).It should have been a case whereby the globe is smaller and the man can stand behind the globe wiv his golf stick.
-It would have been better if he wanted to kick the globe.

Did i make any sense?
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2007
@nana

Nice observation, you were really close to the answer. I guess my topic was a bit misleading so i've modified it to read "What's Amazing About this Picture". Take a cue, and give it another try with the modified topic in mind.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by nana(f): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2007
Or could it be the shadow underneath the globe?
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Nana
Nope, wanna give it a final try?
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by nana(f): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2007
Well. . .
The peeps around the globe are real.  undecided
And the artist's logo undecided
I give up.
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Nana

Ok good try so far. You know what? I'll spill the beans after at least five replies from others. Just keep checking if you see a new reply. Maybe someone else would notice correctly.

Let's watch out!

Cheers
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by AdamuW: 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2007
It looks like an optical illusion to me. Everything in the picture is real. The painting of the globe is real but designed to look in proportion from the exact position the camera is placed. Thats why the people are looking at the globe because from their angle it probably looks really distorted. But if they walk round to where the person holding the camera is placed then they'll see what we see. That is my guess.
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by nana(f): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2007
The globe doesnt look real.
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:14am On Jul 27, 2007
certainly that globe has a problem. No one is paying attention to it.
Also towards the base, it becomes transparent and one can see the brick floor from southern africa
Conclusion its a fake
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2007
That's right - Keep your opinions coming. Some are getting close, others are far from the truth. Which group do you think you fall into? You'll find out after a few more comments. Keep looking!

Cheers
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by sirgai(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2007
what we are looking at is a flat painting on the floor, the guy at the far end is standing on it, the image is shot from an angle tha makes it look 3d. its cool though
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Rodent: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2007
Yep thats a chalk drawing by a street artist,
absolutely fantastic when seen in real life and viewed from the right angle gives the 3d perception of reality
pretty cool!
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by babaijo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2007
The globe makes us to understand that poverty is every where in the world.
The man standing on the globe is trying to remove the baner that is to say
"poverty cannot be a thing of history".
Did I got it right?.
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by ujuslims(f): 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2007
Kemji,
I dunno what they did to that globe, but I think I can still see some marks (brick--like lines) on it as if it was a by-product of the road, I'll still keep looking wink
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 01, 2007
why does the man's golf club extend all the way to the mid-left side of the globe?, if it's a golf club at all.
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2007
So far so good. Well done to AdamuW first, and then Rodent. They got it absolutely right. Honestly, if I had prizes to give, I would have wink . It's actually a street painting done by an artist on the ground made to give the impression of a 3-dimensional image when viewed from the right camera angle.

Ujuslims was real close too by identifying the bricks on the road where the painting was done.

Here's what is looks like when viewed from an alternate angle: Doesn't look like much!

Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2007
More weird graphics:

Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2007
they're all drawn on the floor. That does take some skill.
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Kemjisuper(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2007
There's even more - This guy's pretty talented as such!

Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Bigjay(m): 12:37am On Aug 12, 2007
if i had come earlier, i would have gotten it correctly cos i saw the clues immediately i looked it, nice going though,
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by Aseye(m): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2007
men, we have some crazy artist, there is lot of competition so if u are fake, without talent, u wouldnt last. nice graphics,
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by shilox(m): 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2007
That was a wonderful display of artistic skill. All the paintings are breath taking. The illusive 3d. the perspective, the colours looking very natural, oh men the list is endless.
That is great men i really commend the artist and whoever posted that.
Re: Graphics Gurus: What's Amazing About This Picture? by ajayi1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2007
LOL, I love all your graphic because you tried but you still ned to work hard on it.

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Newspaper Printers In Nigeria / This Pic Will Give The Feeling Of Being Drunk If U Have Never Consumed Alcohol / Free Graphics Tutorials And Programming Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.