Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,632 members, 7,847,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

READ THIS ARTICLE TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE GOSPEL AND YOUR PART TO PLAY - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / READ THIS ARTICLE TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE GOSPEL AND YOUR PART TO PLAY (678 Views)

Muslim Caller Hears The Gospel And Becomes A Christian / What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? / The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

READ THIS ARTICLE TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE GOSPEL AND YOUR PART TO PLAY by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2011
Deeds Do Indeed Determine Destination - By Rachel A Beloved Sister In Christ

Friends,
Sadly, many in the pulpit (and elsewhere) are preaching what is not the doctrine of God’s Word, and because of this many are being indoctrinated in gospels that will not save them from eternal condemnation. God’s Word is not unclear. Yet it’s core message is the exact opposite of what most of these teachers are insisting upon. Therefore if we do not read the Scriptures for ourselves, but instead rely on men’s interpretations of it, we are in for the dismay of our lives –of our eternal existence.

It is shocking to realize how unwise so many people are as to rely on teachings that could possibly be (and are) mirages and false maps of salvation’s way –that which is given out by those who say, “Trust me. This is what the Bible says, and this is how you can be saved from Hell.” And what are almost all of them teaching? They are teaching that God will grant eternal life to everyone who believes Jesus died to pay sin’s penalty, who confess that they are sinners and ask God to forgive them, and who then trust Him to save them.

Yet is this what God’s Word actually teaches? It does not. God’s Word teaches that we must repent and believe the Good News. (Mark 1:15) This means that we must turn completely away from sin, turn to God and cry out to Him for forgiveness (in deep contrition from the heart) while trusting in Christ’s atonement for us, and then follow after Jesus (which means obeying His words in Scripture and being led and controlled by the Spirit –John 14:15 & Rom. 8:9). This part of the Gospel is what most leave out, and they do so because it means that one’s life must be a life of holiness which daily aims for perfect perfection –that is, the perfection that is a duplicate of God’s perfection (1 Peter 1:15 & Matt. 5:48 & 1 John 2:6)– and they sure don’t want to have to strive for this. But, if someone does not believe this, then they are ignoring numerous verses in God’s Word –like these:

~~ “He [Jesus] appeared so that He might take away our sins.” (1 John 3:5) Not “cover”, but “take away”. Let’s try to understand plain English here.

~~ “He will save His people from their sins.” (Matt. 1:21) This means what it says: Jesus will save His people (those who belong to Him because they obediently follow Him –John 10:3,4,14-16), from their sins; not from their sin’s penalty. The word penalty isn’t there. For that happens only if the sinner stops sinning! (Luke 13:3)

[b]~~ “He who does what is sinful is of the devil.” (1 John 3:8 ) If we lie, if we have sex outside of marriage, if we slander, if we despise someone, etc., then we sin. If we sin we are of the devil. If we are of the devil, we are not of Christ. If we are not of Christ, we do not belong to Christ. If we do not belong to Christ, we are not going to go to Heaven. If we, being the eternal souls we are, are not going to Heaven to be where God dwells, we are going to go where God is absent. Being absent from God forever and ever and ever, is going to be a place with no hope and absolutely nothing good. If we go to dwell in a place forever where there is absolutely nothing good, then we are going to be in torment. [/b]This is the place Jesus refers to in Matt. 25:46 as “eternal punishment”, and the place He refers to in verse 30 as “the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” What is not understood about this? If someone doesn’t believe these words, then they should just say so, but not pretend they believe Scripture!

~~ “But he who disowns Me before men, I will disown him before My Father in heaven.” (Jesus in Matt. 10:33)

~~ “If we disown Him, He will also disown us.” (2 Tim. 2:12)

~~ “They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny Him.” (Titus 1:16)

~~ “If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it.” (Jesus in Luke 9:23,24)

~~ “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.” (Gal. 5:24 & see Rom. 6:6,7)

~~ “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.” (Gal. 2:20 & see 6:14)

~~ “…if they fall away… they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to public disgrace.” (Heb. 6:6 & see 10:26-31 & Jude 1:4)

If we compare just these verses which use “disown”, “deny”, and “crucified”, we can see that they essentially mean the same thing. We are being commanded to deny, disown, and crucify Self so that Christ can live His life through us. We do this in practicality by continuously following and obeying Jesus and His words. (John 15:1-7 & Luke 14:26-33) Furthermore, we are also being told that, no matter what we claim (what we say), if we follow Self and cater to Self, then we’ve denied, disowned, and crucified Jesus all over again through our actions of sin. If we do such a thing, we are worse off for it (2 Peter 2:20-22), Christ’s sacrifice no longer covers us (Heb. 10:26), and we’ve inherited for ourselves “only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire.” (v. 27)

~~ “A person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.” (James 2:24)

~~ “But unless you repent, you too will all perish.” (Luke 13:5) Repentance does not mean a one-time prayer. It means a turn forever from sin and a complete and final crucifixion of Self.

~~ “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.” (Acts 26:20) Deeds, actions, behavior, words, thoughts… –these prove repentance… or the lack thereof. This is why, contrary to the teachings of the false teachers, deeds will indeed determine one’s final destination –as Jesus makes crystal clear in this next verse:

~~ “Those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.” (John 5:29) Many people think they are not evil. However, God’s Word says they are; for one sinful act, one stumble, is to be guilty of breaking the whole law (James 2:10), and “sin is lawlessness” (1 John 3:4), meaning sin is rebellion against God. This is why Jesus so often warned of these words He will say to believers: “Depart from Me, you evildoers.”

~~ “No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s nature abides in him; he cannot go on sinning because he has been born of God.” (1 John 3:9) If the Spirit of God and Christ reside inside a person (John 14:23), then that person has been “born from above” (John 3:3) and is a totally “new creation” (2 Cor. 5:17) with a new nature –the divine nature (2 Peter 1:3,4)– the old nature completely gone. (See 2 Cor. 5:17 again.)

Scripture makes the true Gospel abundantly clear: Men must believe in Christ, repent of sin completely and with finality, and walk in a cleansed condition, doing so by eating the Word and being whole-heartedly (fully and completely) devoted to One King, Boss, Master, Lord –Jesus. For “No servant can serve two masters.” (Jesus in Luke 16:13)

It is imperative that we study God’s Word for ourselves and quit relying on men to interpret it for us and bring us into the Truth. Jesus said that it is the Spirit who is the one who will lead us into all Truth. (John 16:13) And He does this by teaching us through the Word of God. (14:26 & 1 Cor. 2:13 & 1 Peter 1:23 & Heb. 4:12)

Sincerely,
with love,
Rachel

http://knowgodsword./
Re: READ THIS ARTICLE TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE GOSPEL AND YOUR PART TO PLAY by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2011
Please read this, IT MIGHT HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE REAL GENUINE GOSPEL !!!

Snowyy please read
Re: READ THIS ARTICLE TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE GOSPEL AND YOUR PART TO PLAY by Snowwy: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Frosbel,
The gospel of Christ is already genuine. I wonder what you mean?

Funnily you have this very wrong notion that everyone depends on pastors to interpret scriptures to them. I really wonder where you get this from and it is on this that you seem to hinge a lot of your posts.

Yes, Pastors preach and quote scriptures and interprete and that is where we too chould come in and study ourselves with the help of the holy spirit just like the berean Christians.

So I am truly baffled you have given me an account of someone who heard from a number of pulpit messages and then you now conclude that this is the same way everyone has heard it and thus it is wrong.

The bible is there for us to study and the Holy Spirit to interprete to us.

Just state what the bible says.
Re: READ THIS ARTICLE TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE GOSPEL AND YOUR PART TO PLAY by ogwumgbe: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2011
Well done frosbel, Bible says that thou shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. Keep telling the people that have been led astray by false preachers the truth so that there souls might be saved. It's amazing how the prophecies in the Bible keep manifesting in the words of these so called new generations false preachers. Bible clearly states that on the last days, many people will depart from the faith and give heed to seducing spirits or teachings of the demons. That's exactly what we are seeing now." Just confess christ, live your life any how you like and you are saved; Doctrine from the pit of hell indeed. Keep up the good work my brother. You can also check out this ministry; www.lifegoalministriesinternational.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Like A Game Of Scrabble! / I Promised God My First Fruit Buh It Was Stolen / This Is The Insight The Devil Has Kept You From Having, Get It Now And Live Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.