Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? (2333 Views)

Allah In Hausa Bible- A plot to deceive the gullible / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / The Fire Of Hell: Fact Or Fiction? Conclusion: Fact! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 11:46am On Nov 24, 2021
1. Job 36:27, 28
27He draws up the drops of water; They condense into rain from his mist; 28Then the clouds pour it down; They shower down upon mankind.

2. Job 26:7
7He stretches out the northern sky over empty space, Suspending the earth upon nothing;

3. Matthew 24:6, 7
6You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.

4. Isaiah 13:19, 20
19And Babylon, the most glorious of kingdoms, The beauty and the pride of the Chal·deʹans, Will be like Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah when God overthrew them. 20She will never be inhabited, Nor will she be a place to reside in throughout all generations. No Arab will pitch his tent there, And no shepherds will rest their flocks there.
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 11:51am On Nov 24, 2021
so?
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 11:53am On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:
so?
for those that don't believe the bible is real, these are some of the evidences
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2021
sunjai:
for those that don't believe the bible is real, these are some of the evidences
hmm for those? u wat is ur stance
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Bible na story book cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by ReacherSaidNoth: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
Talking snake, talking donkey, pregnant virgins, rib-woman,three days accommodation in Hotel Fish, worldwide flood, zombie messiah,sun created after plants...

To believe in a book with all of that silliness is to be ignorant and unwilling/unable to think. Fortunately for you, such a state is not permanent.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
Talking snake, talking donkey, pregnant virgins, rib-woman,three days accommodation in Hotel Fish, worldwide flood, zombie messiah,sun created after plants...

To believe in a book with all of that silliness is to be ignorant and unwilling/unable to think. Fortunately for you, such a state is not permanent.
honestly all these stories make me doubt too, especially that noahs ark, how they Bleep was he able to get all land animals into that ark, i mean millions of different species

3 Likes

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by MJBOLT: 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
it's fiction

2 Likes

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sonmvayina(m): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
A book of spiritual fact...not historical facts

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by ReacherSaidNoth: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

honestly all these stories make me doubt too, especially that noahs ark, how they Bleep was he able to get all land animals into that ark, i mean millions of different species
The problem is the emphasis on the word "faith", there is nothing that cannot believed in on the altar of faith. If the Bible had said Noah built a space ship and took his family to Pluto, people would still believe in it.

6 Likes

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
The problem is the emphasis on the word "faith", there is nothing that cannot believed in on the altar of faith. If the Bible had said Noah built a space ship and took his family to Pluto, people would still believe in it.
swears lol they dont want to think just believe no matter wat they are told

3 Likes

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sonmvayina(m): 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Most Christians who claim faith and believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible don't even know when it was written and why it was written and for whom it was written.....if they really do...

They would not interpret it literally..

2 Likes

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:
hmm for those? u wat is ur stance
I believe in Jehovah, I in His word the bible, and I believe in His son; Jesus Christ.
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
sunjai:
I believe in Jehovah, I in His word the bible, and I believe in His son; Jesus Christ.
ok
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:

I'm sorry to those that think they are wise in their own eyes, the bible called such people "fool"

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

swears lol they dont want to think just believe no matter wat they are told
just like I stated, the bible is not a fiction but fact. Just the way the bible stated it, it happened.
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

keep being in denial, when the time comes, I pray you don't cry had I know.
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
sunjai:
why dont u live you life and allow others live theirs. stop judging

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

why dont u live you life and allow others live theirs. stop judging
I'm not judging anybody, neither am I forcing anyone to share in my faith. You said you don't believe in Noah building an ark, that means you don't believe in Jehovah's existence. But time will tell.
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
sunjai:
I'm not judging anybody, neither am I forcing anyone to share in my faith. You said you don't believe in Noah building an ark, that means you don't believe in Jehovah's existence. But time will tell.
i didnt say i didnt believe in the ark, this my problem with u guys, i said its not possible to gather all land animals into one ark
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
sunjai:

How shall they not cry when God has guaranteed that when He comes, all of them shall run and mourn and be in anguish?
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by kingxsamz(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
What's factual about a snake and donkey that talks? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by sunjai(f): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

i didnt say i didnt believe in the ark, this my problem with u guys, i said its not possible to gather all land animals into one ark
Jehovah made it possible.
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
sunjai:
Jehovah made it possible.
Na wa undecided
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

And the Bible did not say he gathered all the animals in the world, good common sense would have told you that Noah enjoyed the discretion of gathering what he could reasonably acquire and practically obtain.

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

What's factual about a snake and donkey that talks? undecided

Same way we now have talking cars, robots, tablets etc. Power of a Creator

serpent
/ˈsəːp(ə)nt/

2. a sly or treacherous person, especially one who exploits a position of trust in order to betray it.
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And the Bible did not say he gathered all the animals in the world, good common sense would have told you that Noah enjoyed the discretion of gathering what he could reasonably acquire and practically obtain.
Since you have common sense you're suppose to know that every land animal not in that ark perished, see we shouldn't b having so many species of land animals undecided
Oga common sense

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

Since you have common sense you're suppose to know that every land animal not in that ark perished, see we shouldn't b having so many species of land animals undecided
Oga common sense

Then good sense should have told you that every animal you see is either a survivor from the flood or new creation or a recreation.

Like expecting that Mr Toyoda can remake or recreate the Camry after he first made it or that after making the camry, he would not be able to create the Avalon, the Fortuner, and the Sienna.

He made them the first time so after making them did God lose His Power to remake them or create new creations?

Obviously not!

Simple Common Sense.

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Then good sense should have told you that every animal you see is either a survivor from the flood or new creation or a recreation.

He made them the first time so after making them did God lose His Power to remake them or create new creations?
You guys are jokers

Obviously not!

Simple Common Sense.
You guys are jokers
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

You guys are jokers

grin Translation: "I can not counter"! grin

It is you people who show how horrible and evil you people are. cheesy
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by KingEverest: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Translation: "I can not counter"! grin

It is you people who show how horrible and evil you people are. cheesy
The sad part is that Africans are too guilluble the world have moved on from religion even people who introduced it to us have moved on from it, they are now wiser
Re: Is The Bible A Book Of Fact Or Fiction? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

The sad part is that Africans are too guilluble the world have moved on from religion even people who introduced it to us have moved on from it, they are now wiser

True! But Africans are smart and they never forgot what their mothers taught them.

"You no get sense? So if everybody dey enter fire, you go follow dem?" They said.

So bad as e bad reach, it is smart of Africans not to add Fire to their case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Muslims Why?! / Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? / What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.