Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? (1951 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by bolaoni(m): 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2006
Retaliate or just let it go being that jnr is a small baby.

Opinions please.

cool
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by alheri(f): 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2006
Well it happens to me. Sometimes I let it go, sometimes I hit back. Not cos I want to be mean,but its really a reflex action depending on my mood at the time.
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by Jezgirl(f): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2006
Well 2 me,i will neva slap back since she is a little baby but i will make sure i correct d baby where necessary so dat she won't grow up n be usin stick 2 beat me or people around him/her.But on a normal ground,i will bring my child up in a gud manner so dat d baby won't even ave d gut 2 raise his/her hand up against me.Dat's rubbish total rubbish.
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by bolaoni(m): 4:01pm On Feb 15, 2006
Jezgirl:

but i will make sure i correct d baby where necessary so that she won't grow up n be usin stick 2 beat me or people around him/her.

How will you achieve this Ma'am, since she is a baby? cool cool
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by Jezgirl(f): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2006
At Bolaoni,since she is a baby,i fink dat's d rite tyme 2 give lil children gud upbringin.
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:39pm On Feb 17, 2006
ill give da baby a hard pinch!!!!!
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by tejuoso1(f): 11:35am On Feb 24, 2006
:owhat makes him slap you, where did the idea comes from, i think it's very unusual because i've seen babies bite, but when a baby actually slap you on the face is so so unusual i think you should do something. i don't know what you should do though but don't smack
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by alheri(f): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2006
I dont think he means a slap in the face. It could be on your hand or back or lap or something. Also, it could be something they picked up at school or in the home sometimes.
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by tejuoso1(f): 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2006
i thought they're talking about around 1 year old baby, when the topic says my little baby slaps you
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by alheri(f): 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2006
I dont know, he didnt out any age undecided.
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by bolaoni(m): 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2006
Little as in ages 1-3 or so.

You know babies are always looking for stuffs to do.

BTW, I'm not referring to my own baby. Just asking a general question. I ain't married yet! cool
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by Free(f): 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2006
if a baby hits ya, i dont think the best thing to do is hit him back
because you not being a good example but wat you do is teach him
not to hit ,
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by nikinash(f): 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2006
babies generally like to touch and feel. i don't think that a baby really knows that he/she is actaully slapping you and i think it would be most cruel to smack that baby back. however you should gently try to teach that baby that smacking others is not good. and like they say, children are great copycats so maybe they see u slap others and try to mimick
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by bolaoni(m): 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2006
niki and Free,

Can you please tell us the best ways to correct such adventurous kids?
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by Free(f): 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2006
well as childrens they are learning
and what you need to do as a parent/adult is to show them was right and wrong
if the kid does something bad, show him that what he or she did is wrong,by showin them
wats right,
you can punish them , and i dont mean beating them,
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by nikinash(f): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2006
well as childrens they are learning
and what you need to do as a parent/adult is to show them was right and wrong
if the kid does something bad, show him that what he or she did is wrong,by showin them
wats right,
you can punish them , and i don't mean beating them,

very correct.

if you have to beat a child for every thing he/she does you will kill that child.
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by chinani(f): 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2006
i dont think you should hit/slap back. i know this girl and when she was a baby and started talking she'd yell "no daddy! i no do that. you crazy!" and such. he'd just laugh. we never knew where she'd learn to say such a thing since neither him or the mother are like that. but basically babies get that type of thing from t.v. and watching others do it. they usually grow out of it but the baby wont understand cause/effect and therefore you slapping back as punishment until the baby is older. i think you should pinch or scold but no slapping back.
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by Shannon(f): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2006
It's important that you correct the child immediately or they will think the behavior is appropriate. It's also essential that you are consistent in your correction. If you slap back one time and then laugh the next the child will be confused as to whether it is an appropriate behavior or not. I do not condone hitting the child back however, what example is that? Saying hitting isn't nice while you slap them back? Words should be enough to correct the issue. I've had children hit me before (working in childcare) and I typically hold the hand they just hit me with, get down on their level and tell them that hitting isn't nice and that I don't like it. I worked with children 18 months to 3 years old and believe me, they understand the words "not nice" and "no".
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by eveseh(f): 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2006
Free:

if a baby hits ya, i don't think the best thing to do is hit him back
because you not being a good example but what you do is teach him
not to hit ,

that's true
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by bunmii(f): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2007
babies do what they see grown up do, she probably saw you or someone slapping someone else.
Depends on the age of the baby, you could give her "the stern look" every parent got to have one, but if she continues, take her wrist and slap her gently and let her know with your body language, face and tone of your voice that beating somene else is not allowed
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by CrazyMan(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2007
If he slaps you, get a cane and flog the hell out of him or you slap him in return.
for the scriptures says "spare the rod and spoil the child" grin
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by Busta(f): 2:47am On Apr 09, 2007
slap em back!
Re: Your Little Baby Slaps You! What Will You Do? by mamaput(f): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2007
The other day a boy of 2/3 slapped me. I do not even know when i slapped him back it was a reflex. The boy cried a bit then i carried him up . He fell asleep on my hand

(1) (Reply)

I Hate My Mother / how Do Our Great Parents Prevented Unwanted Preg& Std Before d advent of Condom? / A Conflict Btw A Father And His First Son...advice Needed..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.