Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Blackberry Sucks! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Sucks! (12612 Views)

Nairaland Apk Sucks / How To Restore My Old BBM , The New Version Sucks / Glo Sucks Bigtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Slyr0x: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
peacettw:

i can't download any file above 6MB cos there's a self imposed download limit in the BB

Self imposed download limit? I don't think so. .I download files of abt 100mb.

my fav pages without been told it was too large for my device

The last time i saw that error was on my motorola grin . Go to your Browser > Options > Browser Config > Browser Identification. .Choose eida blackberry or firefox.

The battery does not last long no matter how long u've charged it

That's normal. .You can always get a backup ba3. .Its just 1k. .Or put off yo "Mobile Network" when u aint browsing/pinging. .BCs kills ba3s a lot,

the internet is not always on 24/7 like they want us to believe

Except they have network issues. .Also it all boils down to your location. .It'll be very fast if ure in a 3G enabled area.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mxxpunkxx: 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2011
@OP

ABEG, u're a exaggerating . . .! or you got yaself an "adulterated" version of it

i use the bb torch, 8 gb, and i can open anytin i want . . yes i use MTN, is there a download limit, lol?

cos i am always downloading, and my bandwidth never runs out . . .

so whats ya problem? i swear, most of these peeps, its mere gainsaying . . .

i have not seen a Nigerian so far, dat doesn't love d BB . . lets call a spade a spade
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by ruz(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
@op, I actually used to think that way when I first got my bb, but all ur claims are false. Why don't u get to know ur ☎ and get around it, u ll find out wat marvellous device u have in ur hands. For browsing, if u r nt ok wit the default browser, download bolt and opera mini browsers. U can google it and find where to get them. Bolt is exceptionally good wit downloading, I download 20mb data with it. For videos, download thru vuclip, most youtube videos are on that site and they r download friendly. And perhaps mosst importantly, if u r using mtn dump it, glo and etisalat hv the best bb service. Do all this and Tank me later.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
Why are people just hating on BB? Must one use Nokia? na wa ooo. Leave BB alone!

Obviously, @poster was given BlueBerry bold 2 (China phone). Na your bandwidth dey talk, no be BlackBerry.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Pennywise(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
I ve used nokia E71 on glo like forever. But BB torch on etisalat has been like an out of body experience for me.Me luv

it. Battery issue is very real. So I leave it plugged-in all night and wake up to another fairy tale of a life. Yep!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by kabukabu50(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2011
Only kids use Blackberries get a big man's phone, Iphone 4. grin
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Pennywise(m): 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^^
I phone4 is for kids who love games. If u are into a lot of communication, BB is d way to go
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by felix4real: 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
@OP: I think the major problem with your post, like most replies have expressed is the little knowledge you have of the device you just acquired. It is essential to understand your device and master it's abilities before concluding. As far as network performance goes, it's been proved that due to the exceptional data compression capability of the Balckberry, it's webpage rendering is faster than any smartphone existing today. Secondly, data transfer on the device is greatly enhanced by it's communication protocol which allocates a unique data streaming line for every device (it's on this basis that blackberry is regarded as the most secure handheld device yet).

As for download size limit, I concur with you that such restriction existed before (please note that data restrictions are placed by network providers and not the device) especially on MTN, but such restrictions have now been lifted and you can now download a 200MB file at a go without restrictions. The new O.S 6 has also enhanced the blackberry experience so I suggest you upgrade.

One point to note right now is the fact that as with every device (pc, smartphones and PDAs) their data processing power differs with every model. Thus, if you visit a webpage that has high graphic, Audi and video content and the webpage is configured to load all data simultaneously the processor may be unable to handle it all, consequently warning you that the page may be too large to load. You can solve this problem by installing bolt browser, it handles webpages with high data/graphic contents superbly. You can now watch full-length movies and series with the new O.S6 which takes the blackberry experience to a whole new level.

Understand your device and you will enjoy the blackberry experience.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by geosegun(m): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
Go and get Nokia N8, the experience of a lasting battery and wonderful camera plus countless application would
make you feel like you ve been dreaming b4, its a real digital life you are facing.

A Drum that is empty of water will definately make a very loud noise (Thats wat BB and Some Android phones represent)
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Mafia4life(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
Mafia4life in another BB issue?
To be frank, BB got the best internet policy, There is no download limit, I use curve 2 and i download in pain ( Due to MTN unstable network ), In terms of communication etc, all fones got the same ability, In terms of mind-blowing application, Android is the first, Iphone is the 2nd, Symbian third and Window mobile 4th, BB is the 2nd to the last, I use Nokia E72 and I have 1535 foreign musics plus 8 avi movies, All download for free with MTN network and Wifi, It all depends on individual differences, For me, My E72 is the smartest device ever used,
@poster
Those requesting for ur pin must be idiots, Cant they request for any of ur IM?
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Waxxzy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2011
I hate black burry, if i were u i will sell the BB and go for a windows mobile phone, like HTC or PALM TREO thats the phone i use it cost just 10k i bet you will enjoy it better than that distracting BB
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^ I was once like you. Now I dunno why I'm using BalckBerry. cheesy
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Mafia4life(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2011
mr.official:

^^ I was once like you. Now I dunno why I'm using BalckBerry. cheesy
Simple question, U were attracted to it because of its internet policy, ( That is just a service ), BB is a device that work with BIS ( Which is the point of attraction ), Minus the service, the device is not worth using, Say the truth
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
Mafia4life:

Simple question,  U were attracted to it because of its internet policy,  ( That is just a service ),  BB is a device that work with BIS ( Which is the point of attraction ),  Minus the service, the device is not worth using,  Say the truth

nah man as for me, without an active BIS my bb head still dey there, at least to my satisfaction it does all what i need in a phone:
(1) it plays .avi movie formats unlike wen i was using em nokia phones E71, E73, E75, N95, N96, N97 etc to name a few, i had to relay on smart movie n other applications to be able to watch em movies

(2) one other thing i like abt the phone is it sound quality rated TB. ~tor bad~ shocked

(3) Camera quality is  kiss

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bonus snapshots for y'all n incase u didn't notice, playing games and other stuffs on a mobile phone aint my bread and butter! grin

yesterday was a very busy E-day for me.  n i will like to use this medium to thank everyone that made 09/06/11 a special day for me, the messages, the calls, the hugs, the kisses, the tweets, the alcohol and the birthday sex.  grin

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
u think a bb camera is of good quality? have u used a proper smartfone (not nokia numerous rubbish) to take a picture recently? retract that statement. thats an abomination in the tech world, a bb with decent camera? even torch camera sef nor reach half of a decent nokia much less n8 etc. the other big boiz are offlimits
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 10, 2011
here i come, here you go, oh oh don't jump berry move b****, you see 'em carl zeiss lens, here my 3d sound, am filming in HD true true, hold wait up berry what do you. losing market share in the US, market share far lower than Nokia. every N series phone carries a carl zeiss lens. its far better than any other lens on the market. nokia N8 has usb on the go, thats what smart phones do. it supports HDMI out, even blackberry torch 2 coming out in september cant match that. i rock my N97. 32G in built with support for another 32G memory card, got films on it like no mans business, is it series, got 'em too. my films are all nHD, each movie is about 700mb. you want to beat the clarity when i connect to widescreen. oh i forgot berries are fruits they don't connect to big screens.

they dont even support real games. N8 has true HD games, what makes a smartphone, androids, iphones, symbians, windows phone 7, can all pass but not a berry, they just dont cut the line. they remind me of s40 feature phones. have you seen opera on N97, its the real deal.

i heard the hype of the berry and got me a storm2, i used it for a week and was totally disappointed, in smartphone standards it doesnt cut it. and besides that ish about berry loading pages faster aint true google test out. i know its android that won fast web loading.

with joikuspot i make my phone become a wifi hotspot, i have done this before. go check the other thread "why people are dumping their berries" and see how i killed it. do berries support widgets now, i run skype, and nimbuzz call people accross the globe voip style, match that fruity

btw forecast says by 2013 berry market share would be less than 10% with nokia to surpass even android, seriously what does rim know about making smartphones. how can you compare maserati quatroporte with honda legend.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
when phones were just tools to make calls. the term smartphone didnt exist. but the moment they became convergent devices then the need for the term smartphones arose. so in its true definition a smartphone is a convergent device that does it all, and well. blackberry is ok, but it isnt as superb as all the hype about it. it has good features but not great features. a top of the range bb still cant beat any other phone makers top of the range phone and thats the truth. bb torch cant outsmart a samsung galaxy s II, apple iphone4 nokia E7. lets be honest.

if we are to judge smartphones on native IM app. bb wins
if we judge on non-native IM app bb cant win
if we judge on overall package, bb comes last.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2011
u2 1 day:

Yeah grin
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2011
u2 1 day:

when phones were just tools to make calls. the term smartphone didnt exist. but the moment they became convergent devices then the need for the term smartphones arose. so in its true definition a smartphone is a convergent device that does it all, and well. blackberry is ok, but it isnt as superb as all the hype about it. it has good features but not great features. a top of the range bb still cant beat any other phone makers top of the range phone and thats the truth. bb torch cant outsmart a samsung galaxy s II, apple iphone4 nokia E7. lets be honest.

if we judge on non-native IM app bb cant win

if we judge on overall package, bb comes last.

Yea, that's it. We win some and lose some. We cannot win all; so I'll advice you to stop trashing BlackBerry.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by brinell(m): 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
Let them keep talking the talk and hating BB; we just keep loving and using BB. There is no rival number of fans matching BB.
That's why its the best selling and most used smartphone in Naija! Oh no, did you say it's bad?
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 11:55pm On Jun 10, 2011

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2011

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 11:58pm On Jun 10, 2011
BlackBerry Torch grin

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
Another!!! Too many crazy themes. I'll just stop here.

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by banqkool: 12:22am On Jun 11, 2011
fear not the blackberry king in nigeria is here
to blackberry haters just 2 words
u missin loads and life is passin u by
www.huntella.com
pin:25e85fdf

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2011
@banqkool ima surely invite u, seems there are knowledge's we could share grin @mr.official pls wots the name n also how can i lay my hands on that theme? and @all bb haters please come out now while i still have the energy to respond to all yo boring rants abt d bb angry have been ignoring all y'all since a very long time undecided
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 2:53am On Jun 11, 2011
lol. You wish.

The first one is called: Wave (not free) you can get it on elecite.com or appworld.
The second one is called: Theia (free) search it on appworld.
The one below is called: FUZE (not free) elecite.com

Let them keep wasting their time.

One sad news for BlackBerry haterz. Me and a friend are going to Computer village today to get a BlackBerry cheesy

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Mafia4life(m): 7:35am On Jun 11, 2011
mr.official:

Another!!! Too many crazy themes. I'll just stop here.
From a Blackberry Curve 2 user and also Nokia E72 user,
Na theme u dey show us? Guy go corner go relax, Nokia Java and Sony erisson's theme is far better,
Let me show u guys something
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Mafia4life(m): 7:49am On Jun 11, 2011
My Area, This is from my Nokia E72,

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Mafia4life(m): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2011
My favourite instant messenger ( Nimbuzz.sis ) on E72

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Mafia4life(m): 7:56am On Jun 11, 2011
I nor fit loss for here, This is my town.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

***chat Room By Honsule*** / N70,n72(s60v2 Guru) Ask Any Question / Rest In Peace Oppo And MI .. Na The Matter We They Settle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.