Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? (622 Views)

I Picked Igbo Christian To Be My CSO, There's No Islamization Agenda - Shettima / I Picked Who Can Deliver Over Wike – Atiku / Wike: Aircraft Abandoned By Amaechi In Germany, Retrieved, Repaired And Returned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by HeRulesMen: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
The 'kpako' phone I am using now, I'm not sure someone would even price me N10k. Even as I don't have money to buy a better phone, but yet I picked someone's phone worth almost (if not over) 100k from a taxi and returned same to the real owner.

We were four at the back of the taxi. I'm sure due to too much squeezing and tightening, his phone fell down unnoticed. So I saw the phone later on and picked without letting anyone else know. Later on, he started calling in and I told him where to meet me and I returned the phone to him. Simple. The 'thank you', and' God bless you' was enough for me.

I'm not claiming to be holier than thou but I think stealing and having to keep what does not belong to you has a lot to do with one's mental state. I wasn't born and brought up that way.

Abi I no try?

7 Likes

Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Ayo081(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
You try, welldone.

God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by KingEverest: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
You're a good person don't allow any body tell you any rubbish to make you feel bad smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by EzegeNdiigbo: 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
But how do ya feel now??

That's the main question here..
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Psychokinetic: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
HeRulesMen:
The 'kpako' phone I am using now, I'm not sure someone would even price me N10k but yet I picked someone's phone worth almost (if not over) 100k from a taxi and returned same to the real owner.

We were four at the back of the taxi. I'm sure due to too much squeezing and tightening, his phone fell down unnoticed. So I saw the phone later on and picked without letting anyone else know. Later on, he started calling in and I told him where to meet me and I returned the phone to him. Simple. The 'thank you', and' God bless you' was enough for me.

I'm not claiming to be holier than thou but I think stealing and having to keep what does not belong to you has a lot to do with one's mental state. I wasn't born and brought up that way.

Abi I no try?
Lol... As you nor come fit unlock the phone Wetin you go do ni? Hope you were compensated? Cos you for still sell am as scrap o.
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by HeRulesMen: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Psychokinetic:

Lol... As you nor come fit unlock the phone Wetin you go do ni? Hope you were compensated? Cos you for still sell am as scrap o.

May be you are not aware of the existing technologies. That phone could have still been unlocked regardless of any locking.
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Tinubuadvocate: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
I bet you, you aren't igbo.
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by epondudu: 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
Guy infact you did more than good, everyone is doing it doesn't make it right, IT FEELS GOOD TO DO THE RIGHT THING. God bless the op, may great goodness and opportunities locate you wherever you.

4 Likes

Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by inoki247: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Sha be careful no b everything person dey pick because u wan du someone a favor...

If you go pick a murder case or Kidnapper phone you're on your own oh police go parade u laik say na Agege bread dem show case for junction...
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Kenpaly(m): 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
If he didn't dash you any money,pls next time chenge ur mind. Whr im residing in benue if ur expensiv phone lost and someone got it 4 you,you must pay 5k or even more to recieve it back.
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by helinues: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
You have done the right thing

Being a Nigerian or not
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by FarahAideed: 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
Were U supposed to keep it ? Why do Nigerians like people for applauding them for doing what should be done ? It's not as if you donated your kidney na
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Ofunaofu: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2021
You returned what doesn't belong to you and you want nlders to applaud you

For Goodness sake, the Phone doesn't belong to you. You returned what doesn't belong to you to the owner simple

1 Like

Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
HeRulesMen:
The 'kpako' phone I am using now, I'm not sure someone would even price me N10k. Even as I don't have money to buy a better phone, but yet I picked someone's phone worth almost (if not over) 100k from a taxi and returned same to the real owner.

Abi I no try?

thanks and God bless you heavily in all ramifications.

but hope you didn't ask for money from the person
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Any time I see a phone on the ground, I'm always happy for the owner cos he/she will surely get it back.

1 Like

Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by jude79(m): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
You are a gem.

1 Like

Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by HeRulesMen: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
obehi247:

thanks and God bless you heavily in all ramifications.
but hope you didn't ask for money from the person
Not at all
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
You try my G, na so person suppose do, e sure say your mama give you moral value and you collect and digest am
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by FarahAideed: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Kenpaly:
If he didn't dash you any money,pls next time chenge ur mind. Whr im residing in benue if ur expensiv phone lost and someone got it 4 you,you must pay 5k or even more to recieve it back.

Then you people are corrupt in that Benue
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by paltielx: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
You've done well, Nigerians needs to imitate you
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
HeRulesMen:

Not at all

thanks... now man you be
Re: I Picked Someone's Phone Today And Returned It. Am I Not A Good Nigerian? by superCleanworks(m): 8:51am On Nov 26, 2021
HeRulesMen:

Abi I no try?

More of that.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Court Grants IPOB Leader Maxi Comfort In Detention, Change Of Cloth / Rivers State: Gov. Seyi Makinde To Flagg-off The 27.1KM Chokocho-igbodo Road / Troops Dislodge IPOB/ESN Stronghold At Lilu Forest, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.