Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria (3192 Views)

Boko Haram Kills 27 In Fresh Monguno Bombing - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by EzeUche1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
Sect kills pastor, church worker in north Nigeria
(AP) – 15 minutes ago

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Police say sect members have gunned down a pastor and church official in Nigeria's restive northeast.

Borno state police chief Mohammed Abubakar said Thursday that assailants killed Rev. David Usman and the assistant secretary at the Church of Christ in Nigeria Tuesday in the city of Maiduguri.

The police blame a radical Muslim sect locally known as Boko Haram for the attack. They believe the gunmen also participated in blasts and attacks hours earlier that left at least ten people dead.

Boko Haram is responsible for a rash of killings which have targeted security officers, politicians and clerics, both Muslim and Christian, in the area over the last year.

Nigeria's president told journalists at the U.N. headquarters Wednesday he would consider negotiating with the group to restore peace.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110609/ap_on_re_af/af_nigeria_violence
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Calculia: 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
I have said it before and i will reiterate, these Northern sect are nothing more or less than cannibals. Anyone that disagrees should tell me why any sane minded  person would murder in cold blood a human being they have never met in their life? I put it to u that the only reason for such murders is to eat. Northern's are cannibalsangry
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by ShangoThor(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2011
Well some say we are making pROGRESS peeps! 2015 A.D., here we come.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
Do Jonathan know d diference between MEND and Boko-haram? Please somebody suld tell d president dat he canot negotiate wt boko-haram! Their demand does not call for negotiation, ts either they succeed or they are wiped out!
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by kevoh(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2011
Too many unnecessary deaths cry
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by 702: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2011
dunno y GEJ is keepin so calm on these issues?
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 10, 2011
Some of us have repeated called for a round table conference, for us to negotiate Nigeria, but its falling on deaf ears.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 8:49am On Jun 10, 2011
Y negotiating with them? They are the most wanted. Better deal with them the way Obama dealt with Al queda
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by 1025: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2011
I have said it before and i will reiterate, these Northern sect are nothing more or less than cannibals. Anyone that disagrees should tell me why any sane minded person would murder in cold blood a human being they have never met in their life? I put it to u that the only reason for such murders is to eat. Northern's are cannibals.

@calculiar,
which part of the country is in peace? are the northern sects responsible for the kidnap of the NYSC members in rivers? only when u stop using ur anus for reasoning that u will know that those who swear to protect our lives and property have failed.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by ayodot(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2011
1025:

@calculiar,
which part of the country is in peace? are the northern sects responsible for the kidnap of the NYSC members in rivers? only when u stop using your anus for reasoning that u will know that those who swear to protect our lives and property have failed.
southwest is still relatively peaceful. we don't just kill other tribe, people with different religion or differnt ideologies like the northern people.
it wasn't even boko haram that started the post election violence. So, u would have known this northern people are zombies that needs blood from time to time.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Kashif(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2011
Soon, JEG will be negotiating with NURTW in the west and MASSOB in the east. Negotiation my armpit tongue angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2011
a state of emergency must be considered in this state
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by MMM2(m): 11:56am On Jun 10, 2011
can some1 tell me what is happening in 9ja?
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
Where did you get this rubbish you spewed?

ayodot:

southwest is still relatively peaceful. we don't just kill other tribe, people with different religion or differnt ideologies like the northern people.
it wasn't even boko haram that started the post election violence. So, u would have known this northern people are zombies that needs blood from time to time.

Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by gararus: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
Its so unfortunate that the neglect of our politicians and greed of traditional rulers have led us to this. MEND in the south Boko Haram in the north which are all a result of greed and neglect. Divide and Rule has been the tool since the beginning of time to rule the masses, and suprisingly even in our developed era it still works. Division among the lower class while the politicians and the law makers team up and loot all the resources. Nigerians have been denied basic amenities of life that they don't even have the luxury to demand their rights. Nigerians should unite no matter the diffrences ask demand what is their right. Electricity, water supply, roads, security and education has not been provided for 50 years, what a failed state.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Fidelo726: 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2011
I really believe the president is taking so much time on this boko haram issue.
Talk to them, if the refuse, Strike.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
maybe gej is waiting for a top govt. official to be killed or nearly killed before acting on this matter which we all agree is a threat to national security and unity.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by kingadeoba(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
wickedness is for a while, its reward is deadlier that death. sad
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by anointedf(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
What do they really want. To islamise Nigeria or what?.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by badlaw(f): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
hey guys lets give military chance to rules us for another 3years. so we must do away with all these kill and divide politicians in Nijia. shocked come to think of it CAN SOME1 TELL ME WHAT IS BOKO HARAM VIEW OF LIVE.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
badlaw:

hey guys[b] lets give military chance to rules us for another 3years.[/b] so we must do away with all these kill and divide politicians in Nijia. shocked come to think of it CAN SOME1 TELL ME WHAT IS BOKO HARAM VIEW OF LIVE.
careful before some sharks eat you up in here. people remain in denial how costly this democracy is.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Fidelo726: 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
Boko Haram needs recognition.
And when he gets it, then comes death.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2011
I don't expect anything more from Odechukwu Jonathan. He's afterall,
a lameduck president.

Even OBJoke- a militician couldn't do nada when our northern brothers embarked on a killing spree of southerners all because they want to have their own sharia Law in their region.
What was OBJoke's response when he was asked by foreign journalists about this deplorable incidence?
He retorted, "I dey kampe"!!!

So in essence, JEG ain't go the ball$ to go after all the northern "alayes" responsible for the spate of bombings we have been witnessing lately in the country, especially in the north. These guys are ready to turn the whole country upside down if they don't have their way.

So i beg leave "Jonny-go-lucky" alone ojara. Its his turn to "chop-and-clean-mouth" and as such doesn't want to upset the status quo.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
M M M:

can some1 tell me what is happening in 9ja?

if i saved a nickel every time someone asked that question i'd be a millionaire by now. . . . . .
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Roland17(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2011
Since GEJ is not ready to address this issue, let the killing continue, i guess he loves it. whatever happened to police and army intelligence?
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by DeCleff(m): 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
@1025 Do you think that militancy is the same as terrorism? My state (Rivers) is peaceful despite the kidnapping of the corpers. Let me tell you that SS, SE, AND SW are peaceful unlike the north which is inhabitated by zombies. If you are a niger deltan, having so much and yet have nothing to show for it. In my community we have over 25 oil wells yet no good road, water or electricity. Over 20 plots of land belonging my dad was taken from him without any compensation for pipeline to move our oil from NNPC PH to Kaduna refinary. So if i pick up arms to demand for justice you will call me a militant? If my community was in the north will you zombies accept this injustics? So stop making reference to the issue of Niger Delta cos you dont know the pains we are going through.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by hasonjack: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
I dont know but as a Nigerian everything and anything that happens in any part of the country affects me either directly or indirectly. The deaths are sad but insinuating the fact that they are after a particular religious group (pastor or church worker) is wrong. More of their kin - traditional rulers, imams, brother of reigning sultan, police men, innocent citizens etc. have lost their lifes.

Of course they are different to MEND. They are people with a strong agenda and are willing to die for that. The nation has gone about solving this problem the wrong way. When they caught their leader (Yusuf or what's his name) what happened to him? He was murdered in cold bold rather than get valuable information from him like those behind them and their sponsors.

JUST SAYING
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by sleekmike(m): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
Christians must refuse to be provoked. THIS IS ENDTIME
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 9:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
The same reactions by Nigerians every time, yet nothing will happen. One day, Ahia gi zuo.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2011
Just keep it in the North!
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
engineerd:

Just keep it in the North!
hope and pray they dont spread the bombing campaign to the south
Re: Boko Haram Kills Pastor, Church Worker In North Nigeria by ayodot(m): 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
the rubbish lives in your head.
Rhino.5dm:

Where did you get this rubbish you spewed?  

(1) (2) (Reply)

Civil War: Nigerian Troops Failed To Destroy Leader O. O. Obu And His Members / Heavy Fighting In Kogi State Forest / Osun State Civil Servants Receive January Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.