Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience (31236 Views)

Why Women Lack Conscience / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland / Name A Song You Dont Play At A Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by oliverwrites: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Exactly my belief too. I hat it when people do that nonsense. Someone dies you all cry a bit and then let out your gluttony.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by juniorstar(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
larryking540:

the message still says we waste and lavish money on burial days ,which not supposed to be so
The message is do what u can afford.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by femi4: 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
psychologist:
He said has conscience

But y’all changed it to Lack conscience

grin
NL used "Anyone" instead of "No one" and that goes with "lacks" not "has"
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by SeriouslySense(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Better, for those looking to enjoy food every funeral, sorry no food, grin grin grin

Celebrate the person when he or she is alive, not dead, appreciate people for what they are doing.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by larryking540: 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
juniorstar:

The message is do what u can afford.

yeap exactly no be competition
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2021
I find it difficult to digest why people do burial ceremony
Thank God my dad too has expressed his disdain for any form of burial ceremony
He has told me to ensure he is quitely laid to rest banning anyform of fanfair
Same instruction I intend to give to my kids when I get old

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2021
Foreverdope:
Controversial

According to the filmmaker, Nwelue, he claimed that anyone who eats or drinks in a funeral lacks conscience.

Item No. 7, has become a part and parcel of funerals in Africa, and families who organize the burial ceremony for their loved ones factor food and refreshments for their guests.
Reacting to Nwelue’s view, many social media users revealed that taking foods or drinks at a funeral is already a habit Nigerians have formed and would be very hard to stop.
[/i]

Its Like this DUDE never heard about the PROMISE "I WILL EAT UR BEANCAKE" , MA JAKARA E grin grin grin
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Das1mama: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Among all the problems in the country this the only one u can detect. In Okon's tune u most be a retecgrimm. Mtchewwww
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Jmichael1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
Olam09:
grin abi this one don craze

only dat load(dada) wen he carry 4 head reach to make person craze....
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by MrFly(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
How about those who cook for their guests at funeral, do they lack conscience? People hide behind a keyboard and type shit just to trend. U expect those meal to waste abi?
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Emekaterry: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
May be the food that was cooked there should be given u.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by TheWolfen(m): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
Wahala o
My people no go free o. grin
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Okhuadams(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
Foreverdope:
Controversial filmmaker has taken to his social media account to shade those who attends funeral to eat or drink.

According to the filmmaker, Nwelue, he claimed that anyone who eats or drinks in a funeral lacks conscience.

Item No. 7, has become a part and parcel of funerals in Africa, and families who organize the burial ceremony for their loved ones factor food and refreshments for their guests.
Reacting to Nwelue’s view, many social media users revealed that taking foods or drinks at a funeral is already a habit Nigerians have formed and would be very hard to stop.

Read the reactions here:

Ụmụada just left the whatsapp group.. Those ones that will even request for a big loaf of bread and tea– amahcah

No mind them to think that people ate amala and goat meat when my Dad died – seweetestmori

No be for Yoruba funeral, nobody go tell you before you drag amala and ewedu – ojuolape866

That’s why I love my Muslim brothers, they have the simplest funerals ever – abujasextoyshop

So we should waste the food? the grieving family will now waste their money cooking food no one would eat. Haaa they won’t like that o – commonmanblog

Some people will eat at a funeral and still carry take away as if they were praying for the person to die – jessicabae2010

my friend keep quite there na you no get conscience. After those cry cry plple cry finish Dem go just go house like that, if you no get money for burial meet daviido for help. No let Rivers State pple here tthis thing wey u talk ooo, especially Ikwerri pple na troublep u enter. Cos those pple like burial

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by anytexy: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
I concur.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by billagreen(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
Funny because what we do here is not exactly funeral but an opportunity to party.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by michlins(m): 9:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
sonnie10:
Not true. Some funerals are celebration of life well spent
no need to waste your time on internet woke people
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Newyorkitis(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2021
Coming an Easterner, he is not saying the truth.
I remember during my service year we attended a burial somewhere in Imo state. The deceased left behind two small children.
Some of us did not want to eat what was brought to entertain us since we had lost our appetite, but our L. I (an Igbo himself) advised us to eat, otherwise, it will look as if we are not "happy" with them, because culturally, they are happy that we traveled far to honor the daperted with our presence in their time of grief.

That was how we collected the food and ate to our fill.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by mediclife1987(m): 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2021
Foreverdope:
Controversial filmmaker has taken to his social media account to shade those who attends funeral to eat or drink.

Read the reactions here:

Ụmụada just left the whatsapp group.. Those ones that will even request for a big loaf of bread and tea– amahcah

No mind them to think that people ate amala and goat meat when my Dad died – seweetestmori

No be for Yoruba funeral, nobody go tell you before you drag amala and ewedu – ojuolape866

That’s why I love my Muslim brothers, they have the simplest funerals ever – abujasextoyshop

So we should waste the food? the grieving family will now waste their money cooking food no one would eat. Haaa they won’t like that o – commonmanblog

Some people will eat at a funeral and still carry take away as if they were praying for the person to die – jessicabae2010

Yinmu.

Boofe booko, moo je akara re...yioosi dun bi dundun.

Moo si wa ponula bai tongue tongue tongue
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by ismodiwa(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Black man
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Shegzy8(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
As a photographer ehhnnn, I don see things for events.

The funniest part is the family of the dead ( mostly kids) na in dey drink and dance pass.

Immediate after the burial rite, na party dey there mind.

I even went for one and the grandchild was already planning on bleeping on the grandpa’s confirm Mouka foam... Dem never even bury the grandpa.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by SAD007(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
Burial Jollof dey sweet oo sad sad dis guy dey miss oo
Foreverdope:

Read the reactions here:

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by chaloskyx: 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2021
the person having the funeral who ordered for caterers in the first place what words do you have for that person
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
Imagine one woman met my mother on the day the poor woman was paying her last respect to her husband,complaining about how someone avoided her while serving them food.
Mom was confused on and couldn't even utter a word.
People have no conscience.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Emmanuelellah: 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2021
This should be part of bill to be pass into law in the national assembly. No more ltem seven during funeral, just come and cry and go.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by AYNL: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
taleleyi,kileleyi

may we not die young

na only wedding food sweet pass funeral food
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by winner37(m): 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
I subscribed to what this man is saying...
I went for my mother's burial in the village ,when I got to the village what our village elders did to me was a shock to me.they didn't consider that the woman died at a very tender age and we are still young to lost our mum..we cooked all sorts of food .
See how some women will be fighting over food and drinks even taking some home which is not supposed to be so ..

Burial now has become a place for free food ..

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Preciousppearl(f): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Timagex:
I am an events photographer and I can assure you that, out of all the jollof rices on these earth, burial jollof is supreme. cool wink

I no say make you go kill grandma because of jollof o shocked grin grin
e don tae wae I notice am and if na celebration of life the food go over plenty
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by BABANGBALI: 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
Na food sweet like funeral food, even wedding and child dedication food no sweet reach am
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by BABANGBALI: 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2021
Emmanuelellah:
This should be part of bill to be pass into law in the national assembly. No more ltem seven during funeral, just come and cry and go.
if this Na joke make you stop am o
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Bigchristo: 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
Foreverdope:

Read the reactions here:

Nigeria too value party food, most especially in Benin city nor use am play with them oh, is like this guy want upper boys to locate him grin grin grin
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Jjrr: 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / Ooni Ogunwusi & Wuraola Visit Tukur In Abuja - Photos / How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.