Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience (31198 Views)

Why Women Lack Conscience / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland / Name A Song You Dont Play At A Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Timagex(m): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
I am an events photographer and I can assure you that, out of all the jollof rices on these earth, burial jollof is supreme. cool wink

I no say make you go kill grandma because of jollof o shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Golan007: 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
If the deceased was aged, item 7 is allowed.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Harmony92(f): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
Only my community men go demand one full cow to share among demselves cry

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by nemynely(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
I am with you 200%
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by isaiah4life(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Alaye pack well. Eat and drink joor.

If we decide not to eat or drink, will it stop the deceased family from burying the dead.

Being sober and hiding your hunger in a funeral won't raise the dead either.

If we eat here, others will eat when we kiss earth farewell.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by debbydams(f): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
laiperi:
Only if you are older than the dead. But water is okay.

It all depends on the culture.

Dancing at the Igbo funerals is one of the cultures I appreciate. Maybe also enjoy.

Yoruba eat, drink and also make room for Aso Ebi, depending on the age of the deceased.

Hausa also blow cultural trumpet.

yoruba own nobi here oo
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Gzack(f): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Foreverdope:
Controversial filmmaker has taken to his social media account to shade those who attends funeral to eat or drink.

According to the filmmaker, Nwelue, he claimed that anyone who eats or drinks in a funeral lacks conscience.

Item No. 7, has become a part and parcel of funerals in Africa, and families who organize the burial ceremony for their loved ones factor food and refreshments for their guests.
Reacting to Nwelue’s view, many social media users revealed that taking foods or drinks at a funeral is already a habit Nigerians have formed and would be very hard to stop.

Read the reactions here:

Ụmụada just left the whatsapp group.. Those ones that will even request for a big loaf of bread and tea– amahcah

No mind them to think that people ate amala and goat meat when my Dad died – seweetestmori

No be for Yoruba funeral, nobody go tell you before you drag amala and ewedu – ojuolape866

That’s why I love my Muslim brothers, they have the simplest funerals ever – abujasextoyshop

So we should waste the food? the grieving family will now waste their money cooking food no one would eat. Haaa they won’t like that o – commonmanblog

Some people will eat at a funeral and still carry take away as if they were praying for the person to die – jessicabae2010

The fear of burial bills is the beginning of wisdom grin
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by ojun50(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
Him just wake up ni
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by PHIPEX(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
This guy has always been very controversial since his first year in UNN before he left Nigeria.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by SmartPolician: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
Some umuada and useless organizations will be making senseless demands before they attend funerals. Some humans have totally lost it embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Gkay1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
Na lie
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by lkillbrokehoes: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
Lol some people na food dey carry them go funeral self, some Nigerians are conscienceless.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Emperor5(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
U can't give what u don't have. Na food wey dem provide for funeral dem d chop
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Szilard: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
Well

I think that's his own personal conviction

Just like mine too

Personally, I hate taking anything Funeral related.

I really do hate it.

I'm not weird but it just doesn't sit well with me.

Again, na my own conviction be that.

Shouldn't be taken as a standard grin
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by izubext007: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
What about if d deceased ate with out pitty wen he was alive.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
Oga everybody go die, just eat food wet den give you and move on
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by TheGift: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
The first funeral I attended was that of my Mother. I was about 9 years old. There were refreshments afterwards . It was very quiet, mostly close family and neighbors. Even then initially thought it strange , when I learnt it was on the program. I guess my young mind , used to associating refreshments with celebration, couldn’t make sense of it. But it was very quiet without being too

By the end of the event I figured , it made sense to “refresh” all of this people that came for Mum’s funeral..,

It was in my later teens I first heard of obituaries as an event where folks went to eat, drink and be merry. To party, in summary. funerals.

I couldn’t then and can still now not understand the fanfare around some funerals.

What ever happened to solemnity?
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Efelefu: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
One guy always attend funeral because of the rice.....I dey shame on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Elidrisy20: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
Madman
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by TheExclusive: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
After breakfast, every human gets hungry after 12 noon. Some might not have strenght to go back home after the whole burial stuff which usually ends two or three hours after noon. That's the idea behind providing refreshment. But it should not be abused.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by liasmiram2567: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
Foreverdope:
Controversial filmmaker has taken to his social media account to shade those who attends funeral to eat or drink.

According to the filmmaker, Nwelue, he claimed that anyone who eats or drinks in a funeral lacks conscience.

Item No. 7, has become a part and parcel of funerals in Africa, and families who organize the burial ceremony for their loved ones factor food and refreshments for their guests.
Reacting to Nwelue’s view, many social media users revealed that taking foods or drinks at a funeral is already a habit Nigerians have formed and would be very hard to stop.

Read the reactions here:

Ụmụada just left the whatsapp group.. Those ones that will even request for a big loaf of bread and tea– amahcah

No mind them to think that people ate amala and goat meat when my Dad died – seweetestmori

No be for Yoruba funeral, nobody go tell you before you drag amala and ewedu – ojuolape866

That’s why I love my Muslim brothers, they have the simplest funerals ever – abujasextoyshop

So we should waste the food? the grieving family will now waste their money cooking food no one would eat. Haaa they won’t like that o – commonmanblog

Some people will eat at a funeral and still carry take away as if they were praying for the person to die – jessicabae2010

Well said." I cant lose my father and lose my money"
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by naija1stnigar(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
Seriously, that thing is disgusting, the day I buried my Dad I knew how bad that habit of eating at funerals can be especially to the family of the deceased, here in Akure where I grew up if an old person dies the next thing is for the family of the deceased to flood the whole neighbourhood with tons of Akara, making everyone eat above their level, the most disgusting of all is for the children and families to put on dancing shoes immediately after burying their loved ones as if they wished that person had died before his eventual death.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by iluvdonjazzy: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
Yes na I have been saying this, is not good to eat or drink in funeral, is a day of soba reflection, if you eat and drink shoes you are happy of the person death
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by lereinter(m): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
One of my mentor radio pastor made alot of sermon about it

Death is not what anyone should celebrate
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Simdyofficial(f): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
Same way we celebrate the birth of a child. Same way we should celebrate death. When God gives, we thank him.. When he allows one to be taken away, we still thank him.. Come eat and drink on my burial day.. Rice and stew very plenty for the lord will make me live a fulfilled life

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by ipobarethieves: 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
angry Nonsense angry.Nah celebration of life cool
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by naija1stnigar(m): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
liasmiram2567:

Well said." I cant lose my father and lose my money"
so you want to use your fathers burial to make all the money you never made in life in one day abi? Just remember you will die too.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
There is a Yoruba proverb that says
An elder person died in the house and u said young ones should not be given food.... Are the young ones the cause of his death ?
Me go chop ooooo
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by larryking540: 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
juniorstar:

What if the person lived well and died at a good old age.
the message still says we waste and lavish money on burial days ,which not supposed to be so
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
Of course
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by Yaggi: 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
Please who knows what I can do to make money online.... I'm still a student but I don't have anyone supporting me .

I'm open to do anything legal to make money online
Thank you in advance
Re: Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Truly Born Again people don't die but Translocate from Earth(pain) to Paradise. That's why they don't mourn as the hearthen mourn .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples / Ooni Ogunwusi & Wuraola Visit Tukur In Abuja - Photos / Popular Masquerades In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.