Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix (61732 Views)

Nimet Lists States To Experience Heavy Rainfall In Next Three Days / Car Rally To Airport To Welcome Peter Obi To Port Harcourt (Pix) / Senator Akpabio Chooses Broom Over Umbrella During Rainfall In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by desiredhome: 11:26am On Nov 28, 2021
membranus:

How is government sponsoring illegal bunkering or kpofire as you called it?

This is laughable.
What is the duty of the state government, local government if they can't protect the facilities in their states?
Unfortunately the force men/government officials all have stack in the illegal business

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by whirlwind7(m): 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
KingEverest:
It's so sad wats happening in my beloved state crywe can't blame only the government knowing fully well the level of illegal bunkery going on in the state,

There you go
People like you still exist angry

What the hell is the duty of govt if it can't use it's resources to stop illegal bunkering?
Govt is EVERYTHING!

How dare you exonerate govt from this?
See, if there is no law, then there is no crime. Govt made a law against oil bunkering and illegal refinery, so it is the duty of govt to enforce the law.
If the number of illegal refinery increase, it means govt isn't doing enough to stop it.

Does your govt exist to merely share money?
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by TMKsouth: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Never seen this one before,black rain?? shocked

Due to air pollution.

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Sctests: 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
People in that city should go for toxicity tests in medical laboratories every month.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Idamond: 1:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Make e kee them there... Ndi 1 Nigeria
tomorrow now u go pray to God make e protect u and ur family meanwhile u don't have compassion for other humans..
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
BigSarah:
This isn't a new occurrence, I don't know why people are hyping it this year..
VERY normal
Didn't expect this comment to blow up, but yes this is normal.
Decades of legal and illegal oil exploration and zero care for the environment what else is post to happen?

I'm from Rivers state so, I'm pretty much aware of the angles

You set fire in the middle of your house and everywhere ends up In flames isn't that normal?
It's normal, expected, unsurprising.
Pick your preferred synonym abi adjective

Pls, the PH soot didn't start before or even 2015 but much later by 2017/2018 as I always visit my relatives in pH. It has been affecting alot of children,even adults ,as I know about 4 couples who relocated from pH due to the health effect.How come u see as normal when u always sneeze out black mist n clean out black mucus from ur nose.
Sis,abeg,it's a serious health concern...that's why for adults u keep detoxing,while parents try to give their kids steam inhalation with mild menthol,fruits.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by BigSarah(f): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
goldony:

Pls, the PH soot didn't start before or even 2015 but much later by 2017/2018 as I always visit my relatives in pH. It has been affecting alot of children,even adults ,as I know about 4 couples who relocated from pH due to the health effect.How come u see as normal when u always sneeze out black mist n clean out black mucus from ur nose.
Sis,abeg,it's a serious health concern...that's why for adults u keep detoxing,while parents try to give their kids steam inhalation with mild menthol,fruits.

I witnessed it myself in 2017 when I was in PH, those around said it's been there prior 2017...
I'm not saying it's not a cause for concern, but with the legal and illegal activities in PH having such experience is normal, that's what is expected to happen
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
BigSarah:
This isn't a new occurrence, I don't know why people are hyping it this year..
VERY normal
Didn't expect this comment to blow up, but yes this is normal.
Decades of legal and illegal oil exploration and zero care for the environment what else is post to happen?

I'm from Rivers state so, I'm pretty much aware of the angles

You set fire in the middle of your house and everywhere ends up In flames isn't that normal?
It's normal, expected, unsurprising.
Pick your preferred synonym abi adjective

The Bigsarah is even from Rivers.

No qualms
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by Brimstone77: 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
madjune:

If you go school, you should know the long term symptoms of environmental pollution caused by gas flaring.

That's it.
Quite simple. Residents should do medical screening for cancer etc.
grin

Unfortunately I no go school..
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by nizelgirl(f): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
Port Harcourt has been like this for some years now. I'm already use to it. That is why I always detoxify by body system often. Na God dey keep us here.
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by otokx(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
nizelgirl:
Port Harcourt has been like this for some years now. I'm already use to it. That is why I always detoxify by body system often. Na God dey keep us here.

How do you "detoxify"?

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by moneyissweet(m): 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
Who is my governor

Epicbro:

Biafra that your governor is giving 500 to women for childcare
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
Idamond:

tomorrow now u go pray to God make e protect u and ur family meanwhile u don't have compassion for other humans..

if I support nonsense may God never spare me .... gerrout of my face
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by theTranscriber: 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
TMKsouth:
This story reminds me of the time theTranscriber maliciously opened a thread about Eskom being the world's worst emitter of sulphur dioxide and it hit frontpage - meanwhile back at the ranch it's pouring black rain in his country grin grin grin

cc JaceBlaze, IronGalaxy
lol no one with scientific knowledge will say any such thing as black rain
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by IronGalaxy: 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
TMKsouth:
This story reminds me of the time theTranscriber maliciously opened a thread about Eskom being the world's worst emitter of sulphur dioxide and it hit frontpage - meanwhile back at the ranch it's pouring black rain in his country grin grin grin

cc JaceBlaze, IronGalaxy
TMKSouth my nigga cool
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by theTranscriber: 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
IronGalaxy:
TMKSouth my nigga cool
far more sensible than you are cheesy
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by IronGalaxy: 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
theTranscriber:
far more sensible than you are cheesy
What do you even know about sense?
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by TjoBATHONG(m): 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
IronGalaxy:
my nigga cool

Oreng wink
Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by theTranscriber: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
IronGalaxy:
What do you even know about sense?
enough to know that you don't have

1 Like

Re: Black Soot During Heavy Rainfall In Port Harcourt Pix by theTranscriber: 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
TjoBATHONG:

Oreng wink
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate / Buhari Could Not Fill His Presidency Form . PHOTO / Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.