Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. (2659 Views)

That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally / Things Disappear In My House All The Time. / China Lifts Cap On Births Per Family, Announces Three-child Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by fineboynl(m): 5:03am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am black - my parents and ancestors are Africans- meaning I have that which you consider the black gene, right? Now being black, I recorded genius-level IQ back before my mind crashed on me, yet I still make wise choices in my own life even during and while I wait on my mind to recover. So it definitely couldn't be the case that the black gene is inferior.. undecided
there is a percentage ratios to which things are concluded. The problem of we black cannot be said to be a cultural thing it's inbuilt.

8 in every 10 black have a IQ problem that cannot be found in other race.

IQ can be measured different. Blacks can have brains that know what is good. Like knowing Good and Evill, But they lack the collective will to achieve anything meaningful.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Nov 28, 2021
fineboynl:
IQ can be measured different. Blacks can have brains that know what is good. Like knowing Good and Evill, But they lack the collective will to achieve anything meaningful.
What about individual will to achieve that which is meaningful? Do black folks not have that? undecided
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by MufasaLion: 5:24am On Nov 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
I agree but you know you shouldn't be among those embracing the 2 is enough logo knowing fully well you have to keep the lineage going. Only child and only son is lots of trouble in Africa settings. I'm sure your parents will summon you on seeing this

Having kids shouldn't be about keeping the lineage going. There are many other reasonable reasons to have kids.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by fineboynl(m): 5:35am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What about individual will to achieve that which is meaningful? Do black folks not have that? undecided
the percentage ratio is not sufficient enough to classified black a superior race or even come close.

If the percentage is greater things will start working natural, when the majority start doing the right thing. Like electing credible people. E g The Nigerian police are criminals because the majority over there are thieves. Just like that.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 6:35am On Nov 28, 2021
fineboynl:
the percentage ratio is not sufficient enough to classified black a superior race or even come close.

If the percentage is greater things will start working natural, when the majority start doing the right thing. Like electing credible people. E g The Nigerian police are criminals because the majority over there are thieves. Just like that.
A superior race? Must a race be superior to any other race? undecided

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by averageguy(m): 6:42am On Nov 28, 2021
meobizy:
Change my mind.

With everything we know about the Nigerian government and all the systemic issues affecting the average person, do you think the population alone is responsible for poverty?
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by fineboynl(m): 7:01am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
A superior race? Must a race be superior to any other race? undecided
yes. Someone has to be slave for others to be the rules. And African are examples of that.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2021
Vyolet:
Having one or two kids does not solve poverty issue though,
However it’ll reduce the problem drastically.

there are married people with no kids and are still poor, true story.
Yet can feed an extra mouth if the need arises. It’s not like poor people will stop existing, they’ll become the exception rather than the norm. I came across many Chinese millennials who had everything on a platter of gold because both parents provided for them in addition to uncles and aunts who also did because the excess wealth spent on their only offspring spilled their way.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 8:05am On Nov 28, 2021
Acidosis:

The one child policy failed in China. It can never work anywhere.
In curbing poverty or because of the dwindling population since households preferred male children?
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2021
averageguy:

With everything we know about the Nigerian government and all the systemic issues affecting the average person, do you think the population alone is responsible for poverty?
Corruption in leadership is the top problem. Population number is one solution within the reach of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2021
Our population is the least of our problems, our major problems been corruption, lack of integrity, extra desire to cheat and the likes.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
Wait until village people kill the one child, your eye go clear. Children are retirement pensions for parents in Nigeria when they grow old.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Opeyemiextra(f): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
When I see people in this time still giving birth to 4 and more children, I really just wonder. People will argue it out by telling you shebi they have the resources to take care of them. After taking care of them ńkọ́? Will they be able to stand on their own?

Because we are really not one people in Nigeria, certain things are difficult to push forward. Polygamy, illegality of abortion, lack of knowledge and a host of other serious things play out and would undermine any system put in place to check these things.

Overpopulation is a major problem in the country and it's getting worse by the day. It's a ticking time bomb about to explode.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Magnoliaa(f): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
Acidosis:
The one child policy failed in China. It can never work anywhere.

Really? It did? I had no idea. How and why?
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
jackslow:
Our population is the least of our problems, our major problems been corruption, lack of integrity, extra desire to cheat and the likes.
Population remains at the top of the list as far as problems in Nigeria. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Skyview01:
Wait until village people kill the one child, your eye go clear. Children are retirement pensions for parents in Nigeria when they grow old.
One of the reasons why a child-tax system makes sense in the Nigerian case. undecided

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
When I see people in this time still giving birth to 4 and more children, I really just wonder. People will argue it out by telling you shebi they have the resources to take care of them. After taking care of them ńkọ́? Will they be able to stand on their own?

Because we are really not one people in Nigeria, certain things are difficult to push forward. Polygamy, illegality of abortion, lack of knowledge and a host of other serious things play out and would undermine any system put in place to check these things.

Overpopulation is a major problem in the country and it's getting worse by the day. It's a ticking time bomb about to explode.
Another reason why a Child-tax system makes a lot of sense now. undecided
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Acidosis(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Really? It did? I had no idea. How and why?

Yeah

Some of the effects:

Abortions
Forced sterilisation
Infanticide
Marital misery
Aging population,
Deteriorating fertility
Rising population of lonely men

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Magnoliaa(f): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Acidosis:

Yeah

Some of the effects:

Abortions
Forced sterilisation
Infanticide
Marital misery
Aging population,
Deteriorating fertility
Rising population of lonely men

Wow. That's serious. And I guess it must have looked promising on paper.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Another reason why a Child-tax system makes a lot of sense now. undecided

This can't be jumped into without various provisions put in place.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
This can't be jumped into without various provisions put in place.
Like? undecided
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
One of the reasons why a child-tax system makes sense in the Nigerian case. undecided

Totally agree with you.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by socialmediaman: 12:44am On Nov 29, 2021
meobizy:
Change my mind.

With less population, there’s more money to embezzle. Corruption is killing your country not population.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by JeffreyJunior: 3:16am On Nov 29, 2021
I fully support this.

In fact, don't bring forth a kid at all if you don't have steady and sustainable job/business.

If your pastor tells you to have children that God will provide, give him your bank account number to send to God to do a transfer.

Demand in advance money to feed, cloth and to send them to school. If you don't get the advance payment from God then don't be a fool.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Resurgent2016: 4:34am On Nov 29, 2021
meobizy:
Change my mind.

It's unlikely to "disappear". However, you can expe ct economic and human capital development to steadily improve even without the standard of governance improving as there will be more economic resource to go round per person.

On the flip side, Nigeria's non-oil economy benefits from the large population & growth in terms of an abundant of cheap labour, a huge market and the potential for a growing middle class. Once population start to thin-out from thw bottom, there could be serious issues as many of the industries have been used to cheap labour and developing products targeted at Nigeria's burgeoning young population.

Lastly, you may expect an increase in taxes as government will need to now focus on the cartering for the rapidly growing ageing population using taxes from the younger working class.

Lalasticlala, this is an interesting conversation that if fp-worthy

2 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2021
Resurgent2016:

It's unlikely to "disappear". However, you can expe ct economic and human capital development to steadily improve even without the standard of governance improving as there will be more economic resource to go round per person.

On the flip side, Nigeria's non-oil economy benefits from the large population & growth in terms of an abundant of cheap labour, a huge market and the potential for a growing middle class. Once population start to thin-out from thw bottom, there could be serious issues as many of the industries have been used to cheap labour and developing products targeted at Nigeria's burgeoning young population.

Lastly, you may expect an increase in taxes as government will need to now focus on the cartering for the rapidly growing ageing population using taxes from the younger working class.

Lalasticlala, this is an interesting conversation that if fp-worthy
I did not ask for the topic to hit front page. If I wanted I would indicate so from the beginning of the post. I’m happy if only a knowledgeable few respond than the multitude of trolls high exposure will subject the thread to. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
I fully support this.

In fact, don't bring forth a kid at all if you don't have steady and sustainable job/business.

If your pastor tells you to have children that God will provide, give him your bank account number to send to God to do a transfer.

Demand in advance money to feed, cloth and to send them to school. If you don't get the advance payment from God then don't be a fool.
Facts. “God will provide” digs many Nigerians deeper into poverty. Where I work it is the song many men who can’t provide thirty thousand naira if they can’t find employment after one month sing despite birthing five children at the least. If these men held on to build wealth first or had single child households their lives would turn out way better. Unfortunately the ignorant wear their mindset like a badge of honour.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thank you all for attending my TED talk. The thread and topic are officially closed. Any comments after this declaration are invalid to the subject matter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys, Please What Do You Think Of This Lady? Picture / How To Dicipline Ur Wife In Marriage Without Beating Her. / Fellas, Would You Marry A Woman That Already Has A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.