Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. (2639 Views)

That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally / Things Disappear In My House All The Time. / China Lifts Cap On Births Per Family, Announces Three-child Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Change my mind.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Dididrumz(m): 7:44pm On Nov 27, 2021
meobizy:
Change my mind.

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
But I love kids, I'll be having minimum of 7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Ulunne777(f): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
meobizy:
Change my mind.

I propose regional system of govt or states controlling their resources.That way ppl of likemind,ethnicity,tradition and cultural values will decide what works for them.
If a state proposes 2 child policy,convinces its ppl and work towards growing their economy,ppl will key into it.

Not North hiding under religion to keep producing Almajiris( underaged voters and boko recruits)and the whole country bears the burden or the jobless Ikwerre/ijaw/Benue man who after drinking keeps churning out babies
If some states testrun it and it works,other states will tow the line.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
meobizy:
Change my mind.
How do you interpret this one child policy though? I child per man, or one child per woman? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How do you interpret this one child policy though? I child per man, or one child per woman? undecided
Exactly what happened in China.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
meobizy:
Exactly what happened in China.
Oh, You want to implement China's own one child policy in a place like Nigeria where polygamy is an accepted norm? undecided

You never begin at all. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by WibusJaga: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2021

You have a point. Population explosion is a big problem in this country & we're yet to realise it. Just look around you; so many places that used to be bushes several years back are now densely inhabited by people.
We may even be way more than the current estimated 200million population.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Raalsalghul: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
Dididrumz:

Seconded.

Thirded.

Unfortunately, religious sentiments won't let people reason towards this direction.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
WibusJaga:

You have a point. Population explosion is a big problem in this country & we're yet to realise it. Just look around you; so many places that used to be bushes several years back are now densely inhabited by people.
We may even be way more than the current estimated 200million population.
We’re now estimated at 206 million.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
meobizy:
We’re now estimated at 206 million.
I think it would be more effective to impose child-tax on parents than to implement a one child policy in Nigeria. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by MufasaLion: 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
Iyaebe:
But I love kids, I'll be having minimum of 7

2 is enough. Don't breed like rats.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by MufasaLion: 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
I hate people having many kids. 2 kids is enough.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2021
MufasaLion:

2 is enough. Don't breed like rats.
I agree but you know you shouldn't be among those embracing the 2 is enough logo knowing fully well you have to keep the lineage going. Only child and only son is lots of trouble in Africa settings. I'm sure your parents will summon you on seeing this
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Iyaebe:
I agree but you know you shouldn't be among those embracing the 2 is enough logo knowing fully well you have to keep the lineage going. Only child and only son is lots of trouble in Africa settings. I'm sure your parents will summon you on seeing this
Why do you have to keep this lineage of yours going? Of what benefit is that to the world, world hunger, etc? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I think it would be more effective to impose child-tax on parents than to implement a one child policy in Nigeria. undecided
A one-child policy is more effective as wealth comes and goes through one’s lifetime. Parents might have the ability to pay for a time but if things go sour financially, what then happens? The poorest individual can feed him/herself plus one child, anything more and the person runs into difficulty.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
meobizy:
A one-child policy is more effective as wealth comes and goes through one’s lifetime. Parents might have the ability to pay for a time but if things go sour financially, what then happens? The poorest individual can feed him/herself plus one child, anything more and the person runs into difficulty.
Let's say for a second that I agree with you here.. so again I ask, is it one child per man or one child per woman, this policy of yours or one child per man and woman? undecided
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by meobizy(f): 1:10am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Let's say for a second that I agree with you here.. so again I ask, is it one child per man or one child per woman, this policy of yours or one child per man and woman? undecided
How was it in China?
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Nov 28, 2021
meobizy:
How was it in China?
China didn't have the same governance problems we have in Nigeria, nor the religious ans definitely not the traditional ideas(polygamy for example) toward marriage and childbearing, so their solution was pretty much the one child per marriage strategy. undecided
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Vyolet(f): 1:56am On Nov 28, 2021
Having one or two kids does not solve poverty issue though, there are married people with no kids and are still poor, true story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Acidosis(m): 2:28am On Nov 28, 2021
The one child policy failed in China. It can never work anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Nov 28, 2021
meobizy:
1. A one-child policy is more effective as wealth comes and goes through one’s lifetime.
2. Parents might have the ability to pay for a time but if things go sour financially, what then happens?
3. The poorest individual can feed him/herself plus one child, anything more and the person runs into difficulty.
1. Wealth coming and going through one's lifetime is not reason enough against a child-tax system. If you can't pay, it simply accrues over time.. undecided

2. The taxes, like house tax, pile up over the years until they eventually Pay it off, like any other Tax system out there. undecided

3. Not true at all. Most kids in the hands of these individuals are not probably provided for, the more reason why i believe preventative measures such as a child-tax system May work better to help curb such cases. undecided

A child-tax system could go a long way in helping rebuild the local public education systems, install better local childcare programs, and also fund local school feeding programs. undecided

Nigeria is not China ,neither is Nigeria the civilized world. We are majority third-world and what we need as third-worldesque solutions that will make sense to our particular situation. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by juniorstar(m): 4:00am On Nov 28, 2021
1 child per couple and abortion should be legalised. We are just too religious in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by fineboynl(m): 4:33am On Nov 28, 2021
It should be better put like children you can take care of. Do we have the mind to efforce the law. Like arresting any kid you see on the street. And clamping down on all those sleeping on the street and under bridges.

African problem is a spiritual problem. It's very deep and God knows best.
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 4:35am On Nov 28, 2021
fineboynl:
It should be better put like children you can take care of. Do we have the mind to efforce the low. Like arresting ant kid you see on the street. And camping on all those sleeping on the street and under bridges.

African problem is a spiritual problem. It's very deep and God knows best.
Africa's problem is that of foolishness or lack of wisdom - nothing spiritual nor does it have to do with God.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by fineboynl(m): 4:51am On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Africa's problem is that of foolishness or lack of wisdom - nothing spiritual nor does it have to do with God.. undecided
ok would you agree with me the black gene is an inferior gene?
Re: Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Nov 28, 2021
fineboynl:
ok would you agree with my the black gene is a inferior gene?
I am black - my parents and ancestors are Africans- meaning I have that which you consider the black gene, right? Now being black, I recorded genius-level IQ back before my mind crashed on me, yet I still make wise choices in my own life even during and while I wait on my mind to recover. So it definitely couldn't be the case that the black gene is inferior.. undecided

This problem isn't a black problem but more a wisdom and upbringing problem. We raise our kids lazily rather than in wisdom, how can we expect them to be able to process the deep things and issues of life when we ourselves never taught or learned how to?. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A True Life Story; A Woman Set Her House Ablaze With Her Kids And Hubby Inside. / . / 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.