Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally (12987 Views)

You Need To See These Photos If You Think Your Kids Frustrate You More / Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. / Must read: Unintentionally, My Mother Is Killing Us, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2023
There are children that would just do things to provoke you, just like some of us did to provoke our parents, some unintentionally though.

Like I have a son whom I love so much, but he can be playful and absent minded at times.

I teach my children to do chores and they really do that without complaining. My youngest son is like the onion slicer whenever food is being cooked. He is fifteen and when his sisters run away from slicing onions, he will always play the role of the super man, even if it means him screaming and slicing the onions and shedding tears while doing so. Sometimes he even runs to the bathroom, wash his eyes and still goes back to continue 🀣🀣

Last week he sliced scent leaves for me, and carefully arranged it in a plate. I carried the bowl of scent leaves and poured straight into the pot of stew without washing it and by the time I realized it, it was already cooking together with my stew.

I called my son to confirm if he washed it and all he could say was "Eeewooo!". He said he thought he washed it. I said how could he have neatly arranged it in a ready to be cooked way without washing and he couldn't answer me. I was angry. Very angry.

He is a diligent boy, always ready to help fix things in the house, but he is the type that will mistakingly pour sugar into a pot of soup, or if you ask him to cook noodles, would use all the pepper in the house and he will end up helping you to eat it, while telling you "sorry o, it wasn't deliberate" grin grin., And probably offer to help cook another one with less pepper or get you something else.(He tries in cooking for his age though)

If you have a child like that or you did that to your parents, let's share our experiences and laugh it out. Every day mustn't be for politics and tribalistic slurs gringrin

Mods please push to front page I beg

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by ahnie: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
My dear I m currently going tru same ordeal with my boy.

Yesterday's he bathed 20 chicks with their bathe scrub,he then used pegs to peg the chicks legs hung them in the rope outside.

He said since humans bath,the chicks too gatz bathe.

I don taya aswear!

Attached his a pic of him sleeping and some on the chicks coming to look for him this afternoon

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by ahnie: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Seun
Nlfpmod
Royalroy
Pls let's have this thread on front page so other parents contribute their quota.

Many thanks!
Thank you moderators.

Frontpage confirmed straight!

2 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by talented321: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2023
normal'' sometimes na over pet

1 Like

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by ahnie: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
talented321:
normal'' sometimes na over pet
I don't think so....it's because they knew they're the special one in the family,I think.

5 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
I'll come back to share my own story once I have a child.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by ahnie: 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
Hahahaha pray they be calm kids.

A certain time last year,came back home panned out only to see my son don pour paints full for house.

Abii na the one weeks ago wey them brought down the entire curtains in the house cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Pray make your voice not crack join.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
ahnie:

Yesterday's he bathed 20 chicks with their bathe scrub,he then used pegs to peg the chicks legs hung them in the rope outside.

I don taya aswear!

Attached his a pic of him sleeping and some on the chicks coming to look for him this afternoon
grin grin I thought I was alone in this journey. Chai!! Should I say your poor son, or poor chicks?🀣🀣

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2023
ahnie:
Seun
Nlfpmod
Royalroy
Pls let's have this thread on for so other parents con contribute their quota.

Many thanks!
Thank you moderators.

Frontpage confirmed straight!
to Thanks πŸ‘πŸ‘
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
tell us the one you did to your parents first grin grin

3 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by talented321: 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
Normal'' over pet they spoil child more than many things'' though it all depend on how your pet your child because many people forget to caution their child just because he/her is their special one'
Do you know many people will defend and swear to whatever' concerning any bad news involving their special love children without digging around on how the matter come up. Normally it is good to love one's child but everything has limit and if u refuse to apply the necessary limit it will spoil the child because he think he is free to do whatever he want since the evinronment he grew up doesn't take those things personal in the name of pet.
I have experience uncountable incidents ''
ahnie:

I don't think so....it's because they knew they're the special one in the family,I think.

5 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by ahnie: 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
Mummyfour:
grin grin I thought I was alone in this journey. Chai!! Should I say your poor son, or poor chicks?🀣🀣

Anyhow you wan take putam. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
My oldest son emptied that biggest jar of Vaseline and the big container of Johnson's baby powder on an expensive white single couch his father bought for 250k some years back.

The reason: he just gave the couch a bath and was rubbing it cream and powder.
My husband's boys from his janitorial services company was called in to clean the couch, but even with the whole expertise and chemicals used, the Vaseline patches refused to fade off.

Another one was my daughter that had to start school at age 1 year and 3 months, just 2 weeks to the close of school term. The school proprietress told my husband to leave it till the next term, but oga refused and promised to Even pay extra fees

The reason: my first daughter went to kiss the eyes of my premature baby with ketchup in her mouth.
.we initially thought it was blood coming out of the little premature baby's eyes. I was already crying because I had suffered so much on my premature twins, I didn't need more pressure.

As I was crying not knowing what else to do, my older daughter looked at me and said " mummy I kish baby eye" it was at that point I realized it was ketchup and not blood. Infact she started school that day by 12pm without uniform or any thing for school.

My husband just dumped her in school, said she even waved at him, and didn't send him or cry.
By 1:30pm school closed and she came back home ;🀣🀣🀣

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by ahnie: 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Mummyfour:
My oldest son emptied that biggest jar of Vaseline and the big container of Johnson's baby powder on an expensive white single couch his father bought for 250k some years back.

The reason: he just gave the couch a bath and was rubbing it cream and powder.
My husband's boys from his janitorial services company was called in to clean the couch, but even with the whole expertise and chemicals used, the Vaseline patches refused to fade off.

Another one was my daughter that had to start school at age 1 year and 3 months, just 2 weeks to the close of school term. The school proprietress told my husband to leave it till the next term, but oga refused and promised to Even pay extra fees

The reason: my first daughter went to kiss the eyes of my premature baby with ketchup in her mouth.
.we initially thought it was blood coming out of the little premature baby's eyes. I was already crying because I had suffered so much on my premature twins, I didn't need more pressure.

As I was crying not knowing what else to do, my older daughter looked at me and said " mummy I kish baby eye" it was at that point I realized it was ketchup and not blood. Infact she started school that day by 12pm without uniform or any thing for school.

My husband just dumped her in school, said she even waved at him, and didn't send him or cry.
By 1:30pm school closed and she came back home ;🀣🀣🀣
Wahala wahala wahala

11 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2023
ahnie:

Wahala wahala wahala
I dey tell you grin grin

5 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
Already you're getting me worried because I was the naughtiest child at home, I hope they don't take after me... grin grin grin
ahnie:

Hahahaha pray they be calm kids.

A certain time last year,came back home panned out only to see my son don pour paints full for house.

Abii na the one weeks ago wey them brought down the entire curtains in the house cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Pray make your voice not crack join.

1 Like

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
I did a lot of naughty things to my parents to a point that even if go to them now and ask who was the naughtiest child in the house, they'll all tell you it was me.. grin grin grin

From drinking my mom's contraceptive pills thinking they were sweets and using the remaining others to apply on my eyes as eyeshadows, to playing dress up whenever I was alone and mess up my parents wardrobe, one time I managed catch my father's laptop password while he was unlocking it.

Whenever my parents were not around and he left the laptop at home, I will sneak into their bedroom and go through the laptop for no reason because we already had a family computer... One day it slipped my hands and fell, upon picking it up I realized that it was damaged... I quickly packed it up, put it back where I got it and left the room running.. grin grin grin
Mummyfour:
tell us the one you did to your parents first grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
I did a lot of naughty things to my parents to a point that even if go to them now and ask who was the naughtiest child in the house, they'll all tell you it was me.. grin grin grin

From drinking my mom's contraceptive pills thinking they were sweets and using the remaining others to apply on my eyes as eyeshadows, to playing dress up whenever I was alone and mess up my parents wardrobe, one time I managed catch my father's laptop password while he was unlocking it.

Whenever my parents were not around and he left the laptop at home, I will sneak into their bedroom and go through the laptop for no reason because we already had a family computer... One day it slipped my hands and fell, upon picking it up I realized that it was damaged... I quickly packed it up, put it back where I got it and left the room running.. grin grin grin
definition of problem child grin

8 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by teekay213(m): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
grin
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by b3llo(m): 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hehehe...
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Galaxyss(m): 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
cool
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Anny69: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
ahnie:

I don taya aswear!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Omooooo. Hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by 9jaRealist: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
Mummyfour:
There are children that would just do things to provoke you, just like some of us did to provoke our parents, some unintentionally though.

Like I have a son whom I love so much, but he can be playful and absent minded at times.

I teach my children to do chores and they really do that without complaining. My youngest son is like the onion slicer whenever food is being cooked. He is fifteen and when his sisters run away from slicing onions, he will always play the role of the super man, even if it means him screaming and slicing the onions and shedding tears while doing so. Sometimes he even runs to the bathroom, wash his eyes and still goes back to continue 🀣🀣

Last week he sliced scent leaves for me, and carefully arranged it in a plate. I carried the bowl of scent leaves and poured straight into the pot of stew without washing it and by the time I realized it, it was already cooking together with my stew.

I called my son to confirm if he washed it and all he could say was "Eeewooo!". He said he thought he washed it. I said how could he have neatly arranged it in a ready to be cooked way without washing and he couldn't answer me. I was angry. Very angry.

He is a diligent boy, always ready to help fix things in the house, but he is the type that will mistakingly pour sugar into a pot of soup, or if you ask him to cook noodles, would use all the pepper in the house and he will end up helping you to eat it, while telling you "sorry o, it wasn't deliberate" grin grin., And probably offer to help cook another one with less pepper or get you something else.(He tries in cooking for his age though)

If you have a child like that or you did that to your parents, let's share our experiences and laugh it out. Every day mustn't be for politics and tribalistic slurs gringrin

Mods please push to front page I beg

Sorry, but I couldn’t get past the β€œone child that you love”…
Does this mean some of you do NOT love all of your children?!
shocked
>

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Bbqekpa: 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Omo! My son is 2 and an only child. I'm just noticing that he doesn't like to share be it toys or food. Infact he once vomited on his meal rather than let his cousins have some.

The boy is really smart for his age but he acts like an old old man. For example, when he was just 6 months old he stopped weeing on the bed, like he'd cry to be put down and his pampers removed before he'd wee grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by DenreleDave(m): 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
grin grin
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by dreofGod(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
One of the amusing stories I have heard in my life is;
Boy innocently frustrated his mother. Mother started crying. And boy be like,'mummy, why are you crying Na?'
Mother: angry I could have killed a lot.

4 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Beess(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
Aab
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by enemyofprogress: 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by etcme(m): 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2023
ahnie:

I don taya aswear!

What did I just read? grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. / How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests? / Banker Accuses Father-in-law Of Abducting, Renaming Son (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.