Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? (9199 Views)

Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? / Is Airtel 4gb Data Plan Still Working?sept 2013 / Is Airtel Now The Worst Network For Browsing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Guardian(m): 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2011
AIRTEL Wahala and billing.

Well I call it aggressive billing.

The Indians didn't cross the ocean for nothing. They have set very strict billing policies that monitors and bills any access to their network.

One of the things you can do is disable and take off your internet access and anything that accesses internet / WAP on your fone.

Trust me you would be fine.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by hob(m): 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
I had a similar encounter, my credit was being deducted abruptly.I called d call center sev times but wt no soln. Later I went 2 one of there offices,where I was attended to and told dat I ve exhausted my data limit on my subscriptn, 2 ma dismay, dere was nutin I cud do,d Staff nw told me dat I cud switch off d data services to avoid d credit bein deducted nyhow, and it worked.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by olamitunde(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
subscribers sha, last week it was MTN,it's Airtel this week.whose turn next week?GLO or Etisalat?
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Bisowo(f): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2011
I was at Airtel office in Ilupeju ystday to complain about my money that they've been stealing. It's outrageous. I've had cause to put through similar complaint in the last few months, but all I get is that the complaint has been logged and they will look into it. But of course, nothing is ever done. How I wish the NCC would take their job more serious, and kick those thieving Indians back to where they came from!
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by banqkool: 12:30am On Jun 11, 2011
had same billing issues wiv airtel
i sacked dem @ the spot after stealing all my N2,300 airtime
wiv BIS active forgot about the 21 days BIS left
to the worst ever network MTN.
since MTN no dey thief my airtime i can still put
ur wiv dia very crappy service dont wanna be
carrying 3 fone around angry angry angry angry angry
im still the king of blackberry in nigeria
www.huntella.com
pin:25e85fdf

Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by RuuDie(m): 7:44am On Jun 11, 2011
kpolli:

guy go to mobile network options and put off data services while roaming

omo. . . . e no work oh!
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 11, 2011
The issue is not only with bb. I use nokia 5800 and experienced exactly the same problem. They announced free 50mb for everyone but if you check your data balance you wont see it and nobody could access the 50mb. Within 20mins, they took my 34mb and my 300naira airtime. I wondered how i used up such amount of data on mobile phone browsing in 20 mins without downloading anything. Airtel is really begining to mess up,
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by abubaka(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2011
@all,

i tot that pple were celebrating their coming and now is complain complain and complain.

what do u expect from a company that doesnt have respect for married women by sackin all of them?

Stil,staff working condition is bad,

Just b patient nd continue managin them like that
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Ossaifamous(m): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2011
This happened to me last week, my service suddenly stopped, I called severally during this time any time I recharged my browser starts working and all my cash gets deleted, after callin like 2ce the customer care told me that my subscription finished becos I exhausted. The megabytes, the subscription is on but No megabytes
When U subscribe u are give a 1gb plan , so u ve to economise the way u download
For ur money to be safe Go to settings mobile network n off data services
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Ossaifamous(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
This happened to me last week, my service suddenly stopped, I called severally during this time any time I recharged my browser starts working and all my cash gets deleted, after callin like 2ce the customer care told me that my subscription finished becos I exhausted. The megabytes, the subscription is on but No megabytes
When U subscribe u are give a 1gb plan , so u ve to economise the way u download
For ur money to be safe Go to settings mobile network n off data services
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by stanpee(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2011
yeah i bought there modem and susbcribe. it`s the wackest network internet provider. the units are burnin but the network has never done anything tangible. THIEVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by mygee33(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
[tt][/tt]
Rudebwoy:

The issue is not only with bb. I use nokia 5800 and experienced exactly the same problem. They announced free 50mb for everyone but if you check your data balance you wont see it and nobody could access the 50mb. Within 20mins, they took my 34mb and my 300naira airtime. I wondered how i used up such amount of data on mobile phone browsing in 20 mins without downloading anything. Airtel is really begining to mess up,

the same thing happened to me with my Iphone. Got the 50mb text and before I knew it, my data plan and allmy credit finished. I ve called them severally but the keep telling it's system fault and bla bla bla!!! I was very mard about my credit that they ate that I kept calling them SCARMERS on phone,
THIEVESSSS
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by MrInfo1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
u can just Bundle 1k for 200MB or any other plan and ping! with it wink dnt dull
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 7:37am On Jun 15, 2011
Mr.Info:

u can just Bundle 1k for 200MB or any other plan and ping! with it wink dnt dull

How does that work? Anyway, all dumped 'em for ETISALAT. Enjoying value for my cash.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by MrInfo1(m): 9:14am On Jun 15, 2011
send bisday using any other phone that is not a bb devices to 440 n ur bis will remain activated (capital EDGE) n bbm n co will still recognize active bis even after the 24hrs bisday duration has expired, u can then opt for any of there bundle package n u wont be limited to browsing wit just only inbuilt phone browser.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
Might try that next month. Right now, am enjoying ma etisalat
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by tasman4u: 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
Mahn, initially I though I was the only one facing that problem but now I know that I'm not airtel is messed up as regard this issue Ãήϑ those at their customers' service are just ‎​†☺☺ dull to be there 'cos they know nothing. Last Sunday they remove M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ N507 naira for browsing while M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ BIS is still very active Ãήϑ this is not the first time they're doing Ȋ̝̊̅† Ãήϑ each time I call them they keep telling ♍ƺ one story or the other nd this could be very annoying at times. Right now I'm fed up but don't have choice than to use airtel like that 'cos mtn is a bleeped network.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by Mcleo007(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2011
tasman4u:

Mahn, initially I though I was the only one facing that problem but now I know that I'm not airtel is messed up as regard this issue Ãήϑ those at their customers' service are just ‎​†☺☺ dull to be there 'cos they know nothing. Last Sunday they remove M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ N507 naira for browsing while M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ BIS is still very active Ãήϑ this is not the first time they're doing Ȋ̝̊̅† Ãήϑ each time I call them they keep telling ♍ƺ one story or the other nd this could be very annoying at times. Right now I'm fed up but don't have choice than to use airtel like that 'cos mtn is a bleeped network.

Lost almost N700 in d course, and like u said; their call agents are so annoying.
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by 984runner: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
angry angry angry They still up to it!!! My wife gets this stupid your last call was blah blah and so on. N100.00 a time!!!! I tried the OUT to 444 will see if it changes. Wonder who is going to take the Indians over now, the Chinese
Re: Why Is Airtel Stealing My Money Arbitrarily? by adetunrayo(f): 9:51am On Nov 01, 2011
same problem am having right now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itel P51 Review,specs, And Price (100% Battery In 50 Minutes) / [android] How To Download Videos On Facebook Lite / I Have #18,000 And I Need Suggestions On A Good Android Phone To Buy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.