Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:47 AM

Agrichainx To Assist Nigerian Farmers With Finance, Tools - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agrichainx To Assist Nigerian Farmers With Finance, Tools (644 Views)

Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? / Nigerian Kidnap Gangs Drive Big-time Nigerian Farmers Away / Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agrichainx To Assist Nigerian Farmers With Finance, Tools by Ojotu1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nigeria’s agric innovative firm, Agrichainx Innovative Technologies Limited has reinstated its commitment to improving the quality of agricultural production in Nigeria through the application of modern of technologies, access to finance and tools.

The chief executive officer of Agrichainx Innovative Technologies Limited, Dr Dodfrey Otoaye, made the commitment over the weekend at the Agrichainx 2021 Conference, Awards in Abuja.

Otoaye said the company chose the conference theme: “Repositioning
Agriculture Through Blockchain Technology In Africa” is in line with the company’s vision of connecting farmers to market, access to finance, tools and chemicals.

He said over the years, they have grouped farmers into cooperatives in
Nigeria and 15 African countries, fund them and after harvesting, help them to sell their produce to processing companies and other users.

He noted that farmers have been assisted with good seedlings to make
them get good harvests.

“We are using technologies to help farmers to be efficient using four
vital technologies: AI, Internet of Things, Big Data and Blockchain. With these technologies, it reduces a lot of challenges farmers faced on their farms,” he said.

Otoaye stated that Agrichainx is providing window of employment for
youths all over the country by training them to work as extension workers to farmers who need to be educated on soil texture and the application of farm inputs.

Also speaking on the sideline of the conference, the national head of
partnership and external relations of Agrichainx, Hon. Peace Patrick, said women farmers have benefited from the cooperatives formed by Agrichainx, stressing that all women need to do is farm and worry less about market, “we bring buyer for their produces”.

Silicon Valley investor, Mrs Amina Ajayi, said the use of technology in agriculture is changing the narrative of farming. She urged youths to shun violence and go into agriculture which is the next gold mine in the country.

She stressed that Nigerian youths can export agricultural products in billions of dollars like their counterparts in Silicon Valley, California, United States of America that exports over 65 billion
dollars of technology annually.

Speaking at the event, Agrichainx ambassador, King Tonto Dikeh, a farmer, admonished Nigerian youths to take into farming as her five years sojourn in livestock farming has been profitable.

“I have a passion for agriculture, I am a farmer, I try to make farming attractive for my peer groups. I want more like me to go into farming because farming is the future,” she said.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Knows The Name Of This Plant? / Brand New Mf375 Is Available In Kaduna@17m / Price Update Of RICE And GARRI From Our Hub @ Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.