Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,342 members, 7,853,522 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom (704 Views)

1 Million Man March for Peter Obi In Akwa Ibom, 3rd September 2022 , Time 9:am / Benue People Drink Beer From 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them – Or / #EndBadGovernance: Youths Drink Beer On A Bad, Muddy Road In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
Benue People Drink Beer From 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them – Ortom

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, yesterday regretted that despite the milestones recorded by his administration, he still receives insults from people of the state after ‘they drink beer to stupor from morning till dawn’. The governor said he has received a lot of criticism, blackmail and intimidation in recent times for acquiring a lot of landed properties across the length and breadth of Makurdi metropolis and warned against persecuting people he called “anointed leaders” like him. He spoke when he commissioned the mega Pentecostal Church, Remnant Christian Network Embassy in Makurdi, the state capital.

“If you go round Makurdi Town, our people start drinking beer from 9am and some from there, they will go to sleep, and they come back and insult the governor for not helping them to add value to their lives. “Every new building that you see in Benue State, they say that it’s Samuel Ortom that is building; he is stealing and doing that. “In politics, people say a lot of things: blackmail, insults and intimidation, you face all sorts of things no matter what you do with the people, they always find something around.

“In 2017, I concluded that I will never contest the second term as allowed by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and because of the insults I received from Benue people and how I was vilified, even some members of the church joined forces with those who do not know God. “I was pained in my heart and I said God, you brought me and I said I was not going to contest in the 2019 election and that night, God rebuked me and told me I am not done with you. “I brought you, I have not rejected you when people reject you, I am still with you”.

“I fasted for three months, I did a case study on the life of Moses in the book of Exodus in the Bible and at the end, God told me, don’t be like Moses who could not get to the Promise Land, have faith in me and I will see you to the end”.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/benue-people-drink-beer-from-9-am-till-dawn-insult-me-for-not-helping-them-ortom/
Re: Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom by gmo10(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Trash
Re: Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom by after4: 12:41am On Nov 29, 2021
Where is benuejosh sef and that vulturemeatgriller?
Re: Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom by SmartProf(m): 12:50am On Nov 29, 2021
So he has been conducting census/headcount on the number of Benue people who drink beer and the duration of their drinking shocked...Mr. Governor, it's possible that during the elections that brought you to power, Benue voters drank beer, got intoxicated and voted you by error due to poor consciousness.
Re: Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom by Cosmatikka: 12:52am On Nov 29, 2021
after4:
Where is benuejosh sef and that vulturemeatgriller?

You know them well, beer drinkers.
I served in Benue state, by my window side was a beer parlour. This guys drink every night till 2am, by early morning they are back
Re: Benue People Drink Beer 9 Am Till Dawn, Insult Me For Not Helping Them–ortom by after4: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
no be sey nah better beer oh, burukutu those cheap ones fermented locally inside dirty calabash

Cosmatikka:

You know them well, beer drinkers.
I served in Benue state, by my window side was a beer parlour. This guys drink every night till 2am, by early morning they are back

(1) (Reply)

Award Of Most Disastrous Governor In Each Geo-political Zone / 2023: PDP Sharing Money In Naka, Begging People Not To Decamp (Photos) / Why Don't You Want To Vote Peter Obi For President 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.