Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Jumia Is So Deceptive! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Is So Deceptive! (5277 Views)

Jumia Is Giving Out 10 Iphone XS Max At #4,200 Each / Samsung Told Me The Phone I Bought From Jumia Is A Fake China Device – Angry Man / Is This The Way Jumia Is Ripping Nigerians? Very Bad!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Stoney3813: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2021
So, I made this order yesterday and during checkout, I was given a N2000 discount.
Was happy and all until I checked my order page thoroughly only to discover they have added the same discount amount to the original product cost.

So,effectively I paid in full.

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by KingEverest: 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
grin this is wat they do, if the real prize of the product is #5000, they won't put the #5000 instead they will first put #8000 then slash that #8000 and put #6000, there by deceiving you they have given you a discount of #2000 grin

27 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Stoney3813: 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
KingEverest:
grin this is wat they do, if the real prize of the product is #5000, they won't put the #5000 instead they will first put #8000 then slash that #8000 and put #6000, there by deceiving you they have given you a discount of #2000 grin
So annoying sha

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by KingEverest: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Stoney3813:

So annoying sha
Very annoying

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by arkonpoint: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
Omo see trick
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by b3llo(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
That year I wanted to buy a certain phone on Jumia but I then observed that same product was sold at 2 different prices of 72k and 38k. Since when I observed this nonsense from them i.e, around 2014 I dont rush their discounted sales.

6 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Danjikanbauchi: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Everything about Nigeria must have cheating

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by padi94(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Wetin you expect, make them no add fuel money??

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
It would be more annoying when you opened the package, those guys are scammers, everything there is substandard, I wonder why our regulating bodies are so insensitive. I can't buy a pin on anymore, my mumu don do

10 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by stephenabudu959(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Jumia from day one have always inflated thier prices... compare the price of thier stuffs against other online stores

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Bestie01(f): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
If u enter a physical shop,ur legs will cut, Abi? physical shop may even sell lower than jumia.

6 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Kirkman: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bestie01:
If u enter a physical shop,ur legs will cut, Abi? physical shop may even sell lower than jumia.
Do you need microphone + loudspeaker for those at the back to hear clearly.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Kirkman: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
2RUTHHURTS:
It would be more annoying when you opened the package, those guys are scammers, everything there is substandard, I wonder why our regulating bodies are so insensitive. I can't buy a pin on anymore, my mumu don do
Since the day those bastards sold fake antivirus software to me, I stopped ordering anything from them. I can't even recommend them to my worst enemy. I still had to carry my 2 legs to computer village to buy another software myself at a better price.

12 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Ulunne777(f): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
Did you know?
"Gb" as found in Igbo is the 8th letter of the Igbo alphabet.They aren't g and b

Igbo is the people
Igbo is the language
Igbo is the culture

#Muta Asusu Igbo taa

5 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by shortgun(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bestie01:
I tell you, I do my shopping in shops were I can see what I am buying, inspect it and ask questions about it.
Also, nothing beats the back and forth pricing of items in a physical shop, come n see how sellers will try to convince you to buy with their marketing skillsgrin grin
You can even make new friends as a bonus cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Fogman(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
b3llo:
That year I wanted to buy a certain phone on Jumia but I then observed that same product was sold at 2 different prices of 72k and 38k. Since when I observed this nonsense from them i.e, around 2014 I dont rush their discounted sales.

Jumia is a mere platform for sellers to reach customers. They don't own products sold on Jumia platform. So, there is possibility of different sellers selling same items at different prices.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Deception is a way of life as long as business is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by bigjackass: 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nigeria is not a place where people can just buy things online

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Ayetobi92: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
2RUTHHURTS:
Since i bought 2 fake powerbanks from then in 2015, i have never moved near that site again

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by DropsMic(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Atleast e still better pass Slot own

3 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by GreaterFuture(m): 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
You dey buy shoe from Jumia
Wow
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
KingEverest:

Remember, different vendors sell their products through Jumia.

So some vendor did that, not a reason to paint the entire company in a negative light.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
DropsMic:
Atleast e still better pass Slot own

There's no deception here.

This looks like a data entry issue.

In eCommerce CMS tools, they have a column for "Price", and another column for "Sale Price".

This is pretty confusing, so the data entry person filled out both in this case.
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Mikefrik(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
Fogman:

Jumia is a mere platform for sellers to reach customers. They don't own products sold on Jumia platform. So, there is possibility of different sellers selling same items at different prices.
I hear you
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Konga is better. Last year they gave me a 90% discount of a gen set. Paid NGN 1000 for a 3.5 kva gen set.
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by aimmoney9: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bestie01:
Physical shops always sells lesser than Jumia.... grin

Online stores like Jumia go to these physical stores just like everyone else and buys things, then sell to you, that's what online sales is all about or do you think they produce all those products? No, all they have are warehouses for storage and depots for repackaging and dispatcting the products...

If you're not doing the my children will not see me kind of work you may rarely need JUMIA.... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by aimmoney9: 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Simple way to get the best prices for Jumia go to filter and click lowest price for a certain product... grin

You will enjoy Jumia more when you are ordering goods shipped from abroad....it makes you feel like an importer... grin grin grin grin
Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Fogman(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
aimmoney9:

Physical shops always sells lesser than Jumia.... grin

Online stores like Jumia go to these physical stores just like everyone else and buys things, then sell to you, that's what online sales is all about or do you think they produce all those products? No all they have are warehouses for storage and depots for repackaging and dispatcting the products...

If you're not doing the my children will not see me kind of work you will rarely need JUMIA.... grin grin

You guys are making a, mistake. Jumia, is, a platform for sellers to connect to buyers, they don't own nitems sold on their website.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Jumia is just like a market place whereby different person brought there goods and services to sell.they have no control over the price and quality of those items.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by Ultimate36(m): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Na mumu dey order from Jumia... No diff btw Jumia and Buhari govt

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Is So Deceptive! by aimmoney9: 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
Fogman:

You guys are making a, mistake. Jumia, is, a platform for sellers to connect to buyers, they don't own nitems sold on their website.
Chairman I onced interviewed with them at their office for a job, right in there they were packaging people's orders.
I am giving you an insider outlook....

Even their call reps office at yaba I have been there, the aforementioned I said is nothing but the truth..

Simply put they buy from the sellers and sell to you the buyer..

If they were connecting buyers to sellers have you had any direct deal with any seller on Jumia or do you have any seller's phone number? Hell no... grin
They only connect buyers with products...Q.E.D...

You call AliExpress, Alibaba, etc when you talk about people that connects sellers directly with buyers... grin

You just got schooled.... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Free Surf! / Glo Has Taken The Competition Challenge From Mtn, Slashes Tariffs: / Ncc Launches Emergency Call Centres In 22 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.