Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1122820 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ogaprime(m): 3:41pm On May 08, 2015
geniusbami:
Which board are you looking at? Unless, maybe at the parallel market, I did $$$ Fx Transactions through GT & Stanbic yesterday at N206 and N199.9 respectively.

But to answer your question, the fundamentals are in support of a stronger NGN, so it is advisable you buy Naira now.

Please I want to know which bank in nigeria charge less on their internet transactions. Any bank less than stanbic's N199.9??

Thanks...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ausdy(m): 11:04pm On May 08, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a question and I hope I can get an answer here.
I need to know if it's possible to transfer money (naira) from Nigeria to canada via fund transfer, and which bank offers this service?
Thanx and hope bankers in the house helps a brother out. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sholatech(m): 4:42am On May 09, 2015
ausdy:
Hello everyone, I have a question and I hope I can get an answer here.
I need to know if it's possible to transfer money (naira) from Nigeria to canada via fund transfer, and which bank offers this service?
Thanx and hope bankers in the house helps a brother out. smiley

Most if not ALL Nigerian banks offer this service. You need to have or get someone with Domiciliary(USD) account to make such Foreign Funds Transfer usually called FCY
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ausdy(m): 5:05am On May 09, 2015
sholatech:

Most if not ALL Nigerian banks offer this service. You need to have or get someone with Domiciliary(USD) account to make such Foreign Funds Transfer usually called FCY
Thank you for the info, however do I need to buy dollar from black market to fund the dom account?
I have naira in the account but I don't want to withdraw it out to change it back to dollar which will make it difficult to get a bank/cbn rate.
Please further clarification will be appreciated, thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sholatech(m): 6:32am On May 09, 2015
ausdy:

Thank you for the info, however do I need to buy dollar from black market to fund the dom account?
I have naira in the account but I don't want to withdraw it out to change it back to dollar which will make it difficult to get a bank/cbn rate.

The easiest way is to buy from black market. But if your transfer purpose meets those within CBN stipulation and you have bank required documents(e.g admission letter for school fees payment, L/C for imports etc) then you can meet your banker to attempt getting USD at bank rate
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by deept(m): 5:34pm On May 09, 2015
sholatech:

The easiest way is to buy from black market. But if your transfer purpose meets those within CBN stipulation and you have bank required documents(e.g admission letter for school fees payment, L/C for imports etc) then you can meet your banker to attempt getting USD at bank rate
the best way is to buy from the black market, fund your domiciliary account and withdraw if you must take the cash with you. They will advice you to use your naira MasterCard abroad to trade or withdraw from an ATM abroad. Getting to buy from the bank can be a very long thing.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by FBS: 6:59pm On May 10, 2015
Damn moneygram and Western union abi can anyone tell me why their own rate na 191? Heck you can't even receive in $ again. What's up with that?
You send money to your peeps at some very ridiculous MG/WU rates. Why?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
hello. has anyone here sent out USD using WU or Moneygram from Nigeria recently?

if so, which bank did you use and what were their service charges?

I'm trying to decide between WU and TT.

I find WU more secure but can't find their fee schedule online.

thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ginaken: 6:48am On May 13, 2015
I need a contact where i can buy USD at cheaper rate whatsapp me on 08069273924
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 7:53am On May 13, 2015
EnterPRO:
hello. has anyone here sent out USD using WU or Moneygram from Nigeria recently?
thanks

MONEY GRAM IS CHEAPER, THE RATE WITH CHARGES USUALLY COME OUT AROUND 210 - 214, WHILE WESTERN UNION COMES OUT BETWEEN 212-215... IT IS ALSO DEPENDENT ON THE COUNTRY YOU ARE SENDING TO... THATS THE RATE FOR CHINA I KNOW OF.. ALMOST ALL BANKS ARE INTO IN NOW ... NUT I AM VERY SURE OF THESE BANKS... ACCESS, ECO,UNITY, FIDELITY, FIRSTBANK AND UBA

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 8:23am On May 13, 2015
david22uu:

MONEY GRAM IS CHEAPER, THE RATE WITH CHARGES USUALLY COME OUT AROUND 210 - 214, WHILE WESTERN UNION COMES OUT BETWEEN 212-215... IT IS ALSO DEPENDENT ON THE COUNTRY YOU ARE SENDING TO... THATS THE RATE FOR CHINA I KNOW OF.. ALMOST ALL BANKS ARE INTO IN NOW ... NUT I AM VERY SURE OF THESE BANKS... ACCESS, ECO,UNITY, FIDELITY, FIRSTBANK AND UBA

I was thinking it would be dollar amount + service fee in dollar/naira but you make it sound like its all lumped up.

thanks a lot. will visit the nearest Eco or First Bank then.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:35pm On May 13, 2015
EnterPRO:

thanks
I can help u pay if its China transaction. just chat me on my signature

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mavinc4u(f): 1:45pm On May 14, 2015
ausdy:

Check firstbank
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by msthonord2008(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2015
mavinc4u:

Check firstbank
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by msthonord2008(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2015
@ausdy, you want to have your cake and eat it at the same time. You must be a typical Igboman. My friend ,for foreign funds transfer, you must buy the USD from aboki n transfer with a Dormicilliary acct- the bank charges to that tranfer expensive. N4000- Telex charge, 0.5 % of ur transfer and when funds gets to canada{ recepient bank takes a another huge sum 4 deposit charge} *shikena*
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 9:39pm On May 15, 2015
msthonord2008:
@ausdy, you want to have your cake and eat it at the same time. You must be a typical Igboman. My friend ,for foreign funds transfer, you must buy the USD from aboki n transfer with a Dormicilliary acct- the bank charges to that tranfer expensive. N4000- Telex charge, 0.5 % of ur transfer and when funds gets to canada{ recepient bank takes a another huge sum 4 deposit charge} *shikena*

CANT YOU JUST ANSWER A QUESTION WITHOUT PUTING TRIBAL SENTIMENTS.. IF THE IGBOS LIKE SO MUCK MONEY... PLEASE SEND ME ALL YOURS... #NONSENSE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Mariesio: 6:49am On May 16, 2015
david22uu:

CANT YOU JUST ANSWER A QUESTION WITHOUT PUTING TRIBAL SENTIMENTS.. IF THE IGBOS LIKE SO MUCK MONEY... PLEASE SEND ME ALL YOURS... #NONSENSE

Your response is harsh
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 8:25am On May 16, 2015
Mariesio:

Your response is harsh

Apologies bro/sis.... just wish all nigerians an put tribalism aside.. The country wld be the best

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by powerfuljc: 11:30pm On May 18, 2015
Fellow Nairaland, Pls I want somebody to help me out with, on how much one can sell dollars in black market, the reason is that my immediate brother assigned me to help him convert $1000 to naira, I don't want to be cheated, I want know how much is One dollar to Naira. I want answers.Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by powerfuljc: 11:41pm On May 18, 2015
Pls, I want somebody to help me out on how much is exchange rate for one dollar to one naira in black market, bcs I hav about $1000 to sell, So I want to know the current exchage of one naira to one dollar, bcs I don't want to be ignorance and being cheated. pls I want somebody to help me.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by abt(m): 12:28am On May 19, 2015
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 12:53pm On May 19, 2015
powerfuljc:
Pls, I want somebody to help me out on how much is exchange rate for one dollar to one naira in black market, bcs I hav about $1000 to sell, So I want to know the current exchage of one naira to one dollar, bcs I don't want to be ignorance and being cheated. pls I want somebody to help me.
which planet are you?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by powerfuljc: 4:36pm On May 19, 2015
Am in Oyo town in Oyo State Nigeria, pls I want somebody who can update me on how much is current exchange for one dollar to one naira, bcs I hav about $1000 to exchange and I don't want to be cheated.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by felucci(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2015
@powerfuljc, you can sell it for N215 or higher at the black market in Lagos.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ogetogeo(m): 1:10pm On May 23, 2015
powerfuljc:

I would buy your $1,000 at 215.

If you are game, quote me with your contact.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2015
Ogetogeo:

I would buy your $1,000 at 215.

If you are game, quote me with your contact.
so boss u still dey this planet wey I tink say u don move go mars? lols
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ogetogeo(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

so boss u still dey this planet wey I tink say u don move go mars? lols

Lmao. I been go Mars but the land no green, I fly back to earth but I wonder why I still land for naija. cry
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Caution30: 6:24pm On May 25, 2015
How easy is it to buy dollars from banks and at what rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2015
Caution30:
How easy is it to buy dollars from banks and at what rate?
I can help u pay if its a foreign payment for China or USA at 210
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
I have $3000 for sale. Anyone interested should make an offer. You should also have a Dorm account to receive the dollars. Over to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.