Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1145525 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sako28: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2015
House,
How much is electronic dollar please.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2015
What's the rate of Euro and western union?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lanre2009: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2015
gowaga68:
What's the rate of Euro and western union?

Changed euro at the parallel market yesterday @ N240 to 1 euro.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by seyejohn94: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
Changed d dollar online @ 225 to a dollar with my visa card...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by yemi2plus(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
seyejohn94:
Changed d dollar online @ 225 to a dollar with my visa card...

Bank?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
An inflow i made was rejected,with the following reason: WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST AS THE PURPOSE OF PAYMENT CONTRAVENES THE CBN ACT 2007.

Please what reasons can I give that will let the transfer go through?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:
An inflow i made was rejected,with the following reason: WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST AS THE PURPOSE OF PAYMENT CONTRAVENES THE CBN ACT 2007.

Please what reasons can I give that will let the transfer go through?

An inflow or outflow?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

An inflow or outflow?

inflow between two accounts in the same commercial bank!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:

inflow between two accounts in the same commercial bank!

Well I really do not get what you meant but to my understanding,inflows via online transfer shouldn't have an issue. The bank is only against cash deposit which is not even possible now because no bank will receive cash foreign currency from anyone. But if you have received an inflow which was wired to any of your Dom account,you can easily do a wire transfer bank to bank without any problem. It even becomes very easy if it's in the same bank because the corresponding banks wouldn't be playing any role in the transfer.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

Well I really do not get what you meant but to my understanding,inflows via online transfer shouldn't have an issue. The bank is only against cash deposit which is not even possible now because no bank will receive cash foreign currency from anyone. But if you have received an inflow which was wired to any of your Dom account,you can easily do a wire transfer bank to bank without any problem. It even becomes very easy if it's in the same bank because the corresponding banks wouldn't be playing any role in the transfer.

On another thread I see you asking the OP if he has a dom account with GTB

The bank that rejected a dollar transfer from one account to another is none other than the same bank and gave the reason above.

I would have thought as you hence my question was, when you do such a transfer as above what reason do you give that makes it to be accepted by their FX OPERATIONS?

Please note that the funds were not OTC but inflow from overseas!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:

On another thread I see you asking the OP if he has a dom account with GTB

The bank that rejected a dollar transfer from one account to another is none other than the same bank and gave the reason above.

I would have thought as you hence my question was, when you do such a transfer as above what reason do you give that makes it to be accepted by their FX OPERATIONS?

Please note that the funds were not OTC but inflow from overseas!

Yes the reason why I asked the OP was to ascertain whether it was rejected on the grounds that he doesn't have a Dom account with their institution or not. This is also not the 1st time of hearing this happening with GTB because I also have an account with them but it doesn't mean it cannot be done as it depends on your relationhsip with your Bank/Banker and also what the wire transferred funds are meant for. Zenith and Diamond Bank does wire transfers for their corporate customers without an issue but before doing so,they will verify the docs presented before going ahead to initiate the transfer.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

Yes the reason why I asked the OP was to ascertain whether it was rejected on the grounds that he doesn't have a Dom account with their institution or not. This is also not the 1st time of hearing this happening with GTB because I also have an account with them but it doesn't mean it cannot be done as it depends on your relationhsip with your Bank/Banker and also what the wire transferred funds are meant for. Zenith and Diamond Bank does wire transfers for their corporate customers without an issue but before doing so,they will verify the docs presented before going ahead to initiate the transfer.

Thank you!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by modath(f): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
@Eyop @ inihood
Stanbic too does not allow intra bank transfers , inflow or cash, doesn't matter...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
modath:

@Eyop @ inihood
Stanbic too does not allow intra bank transfers , inflow or cash, doesn't matter...

That's what they will always say even though i don't know of Stanbic but be rest assured that some customers in that same Stanbic are getting it done only if the funds to be wired out came in as an inflow and not cash deposit. Union Bank said the same thing but an intra bank transfer was done but it was sent out to the United States and not within Nigeria.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

That's what they will always say even though i don't know of Stanbic but be rest assured that some customers in that same Stanbic are getting it done only if the funds to be wired out came in as an inflow and not cash deposit. Union Bank said the same thing but an intra bank transfer was done but it was sent out to the United States and not within Nigeria.

I see mallams doing it daily in the branch i use! and they said the transfer is instant at 238 to 240! but that is way too much!!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:

I see mallams doing it daily in the branch i use! and they said the transfer is instant at 238 to 240! but that is way too much!!

Yes Mallams are into this big time. The Mallams you see doing this,are they initiating the transfer directly from their own accounts or buying foreign exchange from customers and crediting the Naira equivalent?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

Yes Mallams are into this big time. The Mallams you see doing this,are they initiating the transfer directly from their own accounts or buying foreign exchange from customers and crediting the Naira equivalent?

the exact same thing i wanted to do, initiating the transfer directly from their gtbank account with instant crediting of customer account in exchange for naira and vice versa!

in fact they have become virtual fixtures in the bank, my branch is virtually an annex office for them
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:

the exact same thing i wanted to do, initiating the transfer directly from their gtbank account with instant crediting of customer account in exchange for naira and vice versa!

Ok...one question you should ask yourself is since the banks are refusing to initiate transfers for customers as they say,how are the Mallams getting inflows to do this business? That's why am insisting that this things are going on but not open to the public. When dealing with them,Just ensure you confirm wired funds first before releasing the equivalent to them. That's how business men are surviving smiley
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by modath(f): 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

Ok...one question you should ask yourself is since the banks are refusing to initiate transfers for customers as they say,how are the Mallams getting inflows to do this business? That's why am insisting that this things are going on but not open to the public. When dealing with them,Just ensure you confirm wired funds first before releasing the equivalent to them. That's how business men are surviving smiley

i asked the guys behind the counter but they refused to tell me why i can't but they can!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:

i asked the guys behind the counter but they refused to tell me why i can't but they can!

The banks are making money from them. If you have an inflow credited to any of your Dom account and you want to sell,the Mallams will clear it immediately even if it's in millions. They may buy @ #230 to $1 and resell @ #240 to $1.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by inihood(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eyop:

The banks are making money from them. If you have an inflow credited to any of your Dom account and you want to sell,the Mallams will clear it immediately even if it's in millions. They may buy @ #230 to $1 and resell @ #240 to $1.

i know. my dollars will no longer enter nigeria, i am ok with BofA
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:

cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hello all, could anyone help using his/her Stanbic IBTC card to make Western Union transfer for me? Am making a payment for a puppy.
Thanks in advance.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
inihood:

is ur own business.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bright87: 12:58am On Sep 08, 2015
I got $2300 electronic dollar to sell. Any serious person should let me know. Am using diamond bank acc..
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by uchman(m): 1:57am On Sep 08, 2015
bright87:
I got $2300 electronic dollar to sell. Any serious person should let me know. Am using diamond bank acc..

Hello,

I don't understand how it works...
I am interested but not in Nigeria...

Please explain
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bright87: 4:53am On Sep 08, 2015
uchman:

Hello,

I don't understand how it works...
I am interested but not in Nigeria...

Please explain

You know, due to the recent Cbn policy which restricts cash deposit in usd into dormicilliary account most people need usd for one purpose or the other but can't fund their dorm account, I have $2300 in my dorm account and I will transfer to any genuine person who need usd but can't deposit cash into their dorm acc and all they have to do is to give me the equivalent in naira subject to our agreed exchange rate. Get me Am also overseas but I have someone who is in Nigeria that can do the transaction on my behalf.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 5:03am On Sep 08, 2015
bright87:
at what rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bright87: 5:20am On Sep 08, 2015
makzeze:
at what rate?
1$ = 230NGN
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 9:54am On Sep 08, 2015
bright87:
can u transfer the money out of nigeria,
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by uchman(m): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2015
bright87:

You know, due to the recent Cbn policy which restricts cash deposit in usd into dormicilliary account most people need usd for one purpose or the other but can't fund their dorm account, I have $2300 in my dorm account and I will transfer to any genuine person who need usd but can't deposit cash into their dorm acc and all they have to do is to give me the equivalent in naira subject to our agreed exchange rate. Get me Am also overseas but I have someone who is in Nigeria that can do the transaction on my behalf.

How can it be done Bro?
Moreover, I don't have a dorm account...

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.