Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1124408 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by modath(f): 5:52am On Aug 25, 2011
@All,
I used d Gt mastercard in both birmingham & london to draw GBP virtually on a daily basis during my 10 day stay between 5th & 14th of this month and without fail it dispenses within some few seconds. The only drawback is that it gives just 100k{including the 1O00 naira charge}at every cash transaction.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
That is a welcome news . . . .Hope this will reflect on the street as well, cos once Nigerians are used to something, for them to change it back is tough
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
modath:

@All,
I used d Gt mastercard in both birmingham & london to draw GBP virtually on a daily basis during my 10 day stay between 5th & 14th of this month and without fail it dispenses within some few seconds. The only drawback is that it gives just 100k{including the 1O00 naira charge}at every cash transaction.

That is a good news, and it means you load the card with Naira in Nigeria and you collect the currency of the nation you are in when you need it.
Please would it be possible to increase the daily limit?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That is a good news, and it means you load the card with Naira in Nigeria and you collect the currency of the nation you are in when you need it.
Please would it be possible to increase the daily limit?

Unfortunately I dont think so, I believe it is limited by the administration of Master card itself, like international limit. I asked my brother and he told me the same
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
modath:

@All,

Thanks for the info. The good thing about this forum is the people themselves who are willing to add to your experince without falling in the same mistakes and getting the advantages that might be hidden from you. Thanks. God bless you all
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
[size=16pt]Naira set to rise against the U.S. dollar [/size]

THURSDAY, 25 AUGUST 2011 15:57 REUTERS

The naira is seen appreciating against the U.S. dollar next week as traders anticipate increased dollar inflows from energy companies and a sustaied supply of the greenback to exchange bureaus by the central bank.

Nigeria's central bank sold $10 million to each bank operating a bureau de change at the bi-weekly auction on Wednesday.
The move initially cut back demand on the interbank market and, combined with inflows from two energy firms, the local currency strengthened marginally at the interbank.
The naira was trading at 154.95 to the dollar on the interbank market on Thursday, weaker than the 154.30 at Wednesday's close as supply failed to meet demand at the official window then.

"Demand for the dollar remains strong as a result of unmet demand at the official window on Wednesday that has channelled to the interbank," one trader said.
The central bank sold $400 million at 152.10 to the dollar at its bi-weekly foreign exchange window on Wednesday, short of the $558.38 million demanded.
"We anticipate an increase in dollar inflows next week from the usual month-end sales cycle by energy majors and this should provide needed support for the naira," another trader said.
Many of the energy companies operating in Africa's top crude exporter sell dollars monthly to lenders to obtain naira for their domestic operations.
Dealers said they are expecting the central bank to sustain the supply of dollars to the bureaux de change window in the coming week to help close the gap between the exchange rate at the official window and other segments of the market.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
embarassed I heard from my friend in Abuja that it is 167 today, undecided is that true, I hope not cry cry
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
162 naira to $1 today.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
payless:

162 naira to $1 today.

Thanks for the info, smiley and Thank God that my info is not correct cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 1:58am On Aug 26, 2011
Finally . . . . God, thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
It is now 157 naira to $1. It is going to be a lot better next week.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jsteed: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2011
Thank God, is coming down, hope it will continue to come down
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
payless:

Are you sure of this?
Great news
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2011
Mr. Fhemmmy, you know I wouldn't deceive anyone about exchange rate or anything. I have lost so much money in the last two months due to this 166-168 naira to $1. I need to buy couple of thousands of $ and I will wait till next week. My bureau-de-change guy told me to even wait till next week and get a good deal on exchange.

Sanusi (CBN) now allows them to buy at least $10,000,000 instead of $1,000,000 per day. The bureau-de-change guy told me 150 naira to a $1 by end of next week.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by showskill(m): 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
payless:

Mr. Fhemmmy, you know I wouldn't deceive anyone about exchange rate or anything. I have lost so much money in the last two months due to this 166-168 naira to $1. I need to buy couple of thousands of $ and I will wait till next week. My bureau-de-change guy told me to even wait till next week and get a good deal on exchange.

Sanusi (CBN) now allows them to buy at least $10,000,000 instead of $1,000,000 per day. The bureau-de-change guy told me 150 naira to a $1 by end of next week.

Fully happy at last. Is it only the greenback? You got useful information on the Pound and Euro?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
@showskill

I have info on $ alone. I don't know anything about the pound-sterling. Sorry!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2011
payless:

Pls we need confirmation from any one bought or sold today.

payless:

Mr. Fhemmmy, you know I wouldn't deceive anyone about exchange rate or anything.

I am nt doubting Payless, but still he didnt buy or sell, besides It is too good to me to believe shocked shocked

payless:

The bureau-de-change guy told me 150 naira to a $1 by end of next week.

This is unlikely to happen. CBN price is around 152s, so how it will come under the CBN official target. It doesnt mean that I will refuse it to happen, in fact I will scream joyfully
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2011
@BOMANY

The dollar is on free fall to naira since yesterday. Just go out there and find out. I have been dealing with two different bureau-de-change for several years and they both told me the same thing. It is now 157 naira to $1. It was 162 naira to $1 yesterday. If you need some, I will connect you to him. I am waiting to see how the whole dollar free fall will go before I buy early next week.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jsteed: 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2011
@payless
please let me have the contact of this bureau de change, I have been waiting for this downward fall
thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2011
payless:

@BOMANY

The dollar is on free fall to naira since yesterday. Just go out there and find out. I have been dealing with two different bureau-de-change for several years and they both told me the same thing. It is now 157 naira to $1. It was 162 naira to $1 yesterday. If you need some, I will connect you to him. I am waiting to see how the whole dollar free fall will go before I buy early next week.

Then HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jsteed:

@payless
please let me have the contact of this bureau de change, I have been waiting for this downward fall
thanks

PLIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2011
Call Ibrahim at 08082026767. Tell him from Tunde. He will tell you when to come to the bank and meet him for transaction.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jsteed: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2011
thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
Pls, get back to me when you confirm from Ibrahim. Call him now and arrange with him. When you confirm, just put what you found here. This thing is falling very fast. Suprised indeed!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jsteed: 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
@payles
I just called the Ibrahim and he said N157 to $ and possible will come down more on monday
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jsteed: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2011
Actually he first said N167, only to change it to 157 after I probe further
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2011
payless:

Call Ibrahim at 08082026767. Tell him from Tunde. He will tell you when to come to the bank and meet him for transaction.

Thanx

Jsteed:

Actually he first said N167, only to change it to 157 after I probe further

That is funny
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2011
Now you have it. I will take the risk and wait till tuesday or wednesday before I do the exchange. Hopefuly, I will get it around 152 naira by middle of next week.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jsteed: 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
me too
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2011
Sanity is finally returning to Nigeria . . . .
Remember what they said, what a man could do, A woman could do better . . . . . .LOl grin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by zhukafa(m): 7:20am On Aug 27, 2011
@payless, at 150naira to $1 would surely be a good buy. The price is really coming down, am waiting by the end of next week for it to actualize.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by zhukafa(m): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2011
@payless, at 150naira to $1 would surely be a good buy. The price is really coming down, am waiting by the end of next week for it to actualize.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.