Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1124794 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stagger: 1:55am On Oct 07, 2011
The official rate crashed to N164 today as the CBN has put some restrictions on the participation of multinationals on the foreign exchange auctions.

See the official circular from CBN's website.

http://cenbank.org/out/2011/circulars/ted/ted.fem.fpc.gen.01.018a.pdf
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2011
sholatech:

For those who dont know like Danguwa,Many of us rely on this page everyday for business dealings in Foreign Exchange, Fhemmy, keep asking!!

My brother, some people are just frustrated and instead of looking for help, they need more people to drag down . . . But we refused to be one of those . . . . Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2011
For Whom doesnt know, Fhemmy asks for all of us who do really concern about the rate of Naira. Pls keep off if you do nt have anything useful to say. we have enough wahala with that Naira devaluation
For 2 days now I cant sleep till I exhaust myself around, I dont know what to do, should I leave the country for good, Change the business or just give up and set down hopless
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2011
stagger:

The official rate crashed to N164 today as the CBN has put some restrictions on the participation of multinationals on the foreign exchange auctions.

See the official circular from CBN's website.

http://cenbank.org/out/2011/circulars/ted/ted.fem.fpc.gen.01.018a.pdf

I dont think it is the official rate, it is the Interbank rate. The official rate, which is the CBN rate, is 155s. I dont know the rate in the black market, I am afraid to ask the mallam so will not just pass away
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2011
I want to change $2,800 to naira on tuesday, anyone interested?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by jumi07601: 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2011
@ odiaero, how much are you exchanging it for? I would be interested if it is a reasonable rate and can arrange for someone to meet you to complete the transaction.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2011
BOMANY:

For Whom doesnt know, Fhemmy asks for all of us who do really concern about the rate of Naira. Pls keep off if you do nt have anything useful to say. we have enough wahala with that Naira devaluation
For 2 days now I cant sleep till I exhaust myself around, I dont know what to do, should I leave the country for good, Change the business or just give up and set down hopless

Chief, Nigeria will still be better, we just cant give up and we have to keep hoping for a better day for a nation that ought to have been great, but our greedy wicked leaders are sending us back to the dark ages.
Thanks for your great comment, Bro.

BOMANY:

I dont think it is the official rate, it is the Interbank rate. The official rate, which is the CBN rate, is 155s. I dont know the rate in the black market, I am afraid to ask the mallam so will not just pass away

Thanks for this info . . .at least that is some good news . . . so wonder how come the black market could not be under 160 Naira then . . .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2011
odiaero:

I want to change $2,800 to naira on tuesday, anyone interested?

Rate and location of meeting
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2011
I will change at the rate at which it will be on tuesday, that is the rate i do sell to the abokies, venue of meeting is Sharaton hotel Ikeja or any Oceanic bank in ikeja
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Presegs(m): 8:28am On Oct 09, 2011
I changed $10 for 1,500 yesterday morning with abokies .Hope I was not cheated
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Presegs(m): 8:33am On Oct 09, 2011
He wanted to even change it for me at 158 per dollar assuming I wanted to change up to 100 dollars.We have credible Abokies here in Osogbo in Osun State.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2011
That is because it is 10 dollars, i changed 22k on thursday, at 159
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
I heard Naira is going to 200. Make e do quick oo
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
^^ that will be my gain grin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by TeskyMan(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2011
Good morning House,

@ Eko Hotel & Adeola Odeku V/I
Selling @ =N=159.50
Buying @ =N=161

@ Surulere (Shita Roundabout) & Sabo - Yaba
Selling @ =N=160
Buying @ =N=162

Regards.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2011
^^^^ Thanks for the info. This is becoming exceedingly worrisome.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2011
TeskyMan:

Good morning House,

@ Eko Hotel & Adeola Odeku V/I
Selling @ =N=159.50
Buying @ =N=161

@ Surulere (Shita Roundabout) & Sabo - Yaba
Selling @ =N=160
Buying @ =N=162

Regards.

Thanks . . .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by honeric01(m): 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
went up to 167
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:07am On Oct 11, 2011
honeric01:

went up to 167

Haba . . . Are you serious
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by honeric01(m): 10:57am On Oct 11, 2011
^^^

yES
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by alaanu(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2011
dayokanu:

I heard Naira is going to 200. Make e do quick oo
shocked

Dayokanu and Co, I can infer from your comments that you guys have hoard the naira. And now waiting for the calamity to happen. Abeg, don't be a traitor.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by alaanu(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2011
Dayokanu and Co, I can infer from your comments that you guys have hoard the dollar. And now waiting for the calamity to happen. Abeg, don't be a traitor.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2011
We exchanged today for 166 . . . . This afternoon some are calling for 167, This is really sad and pathetic - What a nation we have
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2011
Fhemmmy:

We exchanged today for 166 . . . . This afternoon some are calling for 167, This is really sad and pathetic - What a nation we have
thats one of the reason i dont update ,cos the rate is hmmmm this days it changes more that 2-3 times a day the banks are killing us and the CBN are fooling em selfs.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by alaanu(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2011
I just exchanged $ at 166 this evening at Apapa
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
gowaga68:

thats one of the reason i dont update ,cos the rate is hmmmm this days it changes more that 2-3 times a day the banks are killing us and the CBN are fooling em selfs.

I honestly think something has to be done.

I have had to review prices on a client and nothing i hate more than that, within the span of 2 weeks, the dumb $$ has gone up from 159 to 167 Naira, how could someone do business with this?

If i need to use your service, what is the best you could get me, i need some $$ for the rest of the week
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
Fhemmmy:

[size=14pt]I think it will go for a while around that price or max 170s, nothing more than this. Nigeria cant afford devaluating Naira down to 200N to a dollar. It will kill all business at once and the prices will jump up which will erupt chaos and people will take to streets and we will go into instabilty, politically and economically. Then everything may collapse becuase Nigeria is one of the countries on the brink [/size]
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2011

Nigeria-Bank: Crashing Naira value

Central Bank of Nigeria probes forex utilisation - Faced with an unbridled demand for the dollar at the foreign exchange market, forex, leading to consistent crash in the Naira, the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has launched an investigation into utilisation of foreign exchange bought from its official outlet, the Wholesale Dutch Auction System, WDAS, by end-users. It was learnt that CBN Governor, Mr. Lamido Sanusi and his team were concerned about the rising demand with its negative consequences on the value of the naira and, decided to take steps to stem the tide
Exchange rate at the CBN's official market as at the close of business last week stood at about N154.60/$1 after it hovered around N150/$ 1 - the 2011 budget forex estimate.

At the parallel market, the naira weakened to its lowest value against the dollar at N164/$1 at the end of last week. It was N161/$1 at the beginning of the week.

Similarly, the Naira which exchanged at N162/$1 at the interbank market at the middle of the week, fell to N164.20/$1 at the close of business, last week.

Analysts said the indication from the CBN governor who was reported to have said he won't defend the local currency at all costs could have triggered further fall of the Naira.

Vanguard had recently reported that the naira has been projected to further depreciate in the coming years and may exchange for N202.7 to a dollar by 2015, according to International Monetary Fund evaluation of Nigeria macro-economic indices.

[b]Projection by the multilateral institution said that in 2009, the naira will exchange on the average for N148.7 to the dollar while in 2010, it will go for N149.9 to the dollar. In 2011, the naira is projected to exchange for N155.1 to the dollar and in 2012, it will exchange at N166.1 to the dollar.

IMF further indicated that in 2013, the exchange rate of the naira will depreciate further to exchange for N177.7 to the dollar and that in 2014, it will exchange for N189.9 to the dollar and in 2015, N202.7 will exchange for one dollar.[/b]Omoh Gabriel and Emma Ujah

Vanguard/10/10/2011
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dayokanu(m): 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2011
alaanu:

Dayokanu and Co, I can infer from your comments that you guys have hoard the dollar. And now waiting for the calamity to happen. Abeg, don't be a traitor.

Maybe you should direct your complaint to the Odechukwu Retardeen you voted as President

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.