Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1124385 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
BOMANY:

[size=14pt]I think it will go for a while around that price or max 170s, nothing more than this. Nigeria cant afford devaluating Naira down to 200N to a dollar. It will kill all business at once and the prices will jump up which will erupt chaos and people will take to streets and we will go into instabilty, politically and economically. Then everything may collapse becuase Nigeria is one of the countries on the brink [/size]

Could this be the reason fro Nigerians to put a break on and turn on the govt for bad governing?
Cos even at 170 Naira to $$ that will be somehow a disaster
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 12:10am On Oct 13, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Could this be the reason fro Nigerians to put a break on and turn on the govt for bad governing?
Cos even at 170 Naira to $$ that will be somehow a disaster

You are absolutely right, No many people would understand what does it mean for business. But at least we have nt reached 200 , yet
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:54am On Oct 13, 2011
BOMANY:

You are absolutely right, No many people would understand what does it mean for business. But at least we have nt reached 200 , yet

That is why it bothers me to hear people wishing for it to hit 200$ cos they reside outside Nigeria and they keep forgetting that their families in Nigeria will suffer the consequences of higher $$
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ebenezer95(m): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2011
Please How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today??
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by igbonla(m): 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
ebenezer95:

Please How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today??

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
igbonla:

That is very good, a frined told me that he got it 163

It means that the other directions of the CBN worked at least for now
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
BOMANY:

That is very good, a frined told me that he got it 163

It means that the other directions of the CBN worked at least for now

IF that is the, what a great news then . . . thanks God for His mercy oh
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sleekender(m): 9:31am On Oct 14, 2011
How much is GBP (£) today?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
Anyone knows the rate today?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AmAlone: 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
Today's rate: 164
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
Am Alone:

Today's rate: 164

You are the best . . . Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by biolabee(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2011
@am alone

is this the parallel market please,
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
Moneygram in the US is 163.4
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:35am On Oct 15, 2011
egin:

Moneygram in the US is 163.4

People are so funny, we asking the exchange price of the street of Lagos, someone is talking of in USA . . . .DO you have $$ to sell to me, while i give Naira to you folks in Nigeria?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AmAlone: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2011
biolabee:

@am alone

is this the parallel market please,

Yeah! But now I just confirm it has crashed to 161.5
hm mm - Interesting!!!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bisijohn: 10:01am On Oct 15, 2011
The trend will continue until drastic measure is taken by the Government. Nigeria imports almost anything you can talk of, even tooth pick; how will naira not fall against dollar? We import refined fuel.
Honestly, we need to develop other sector of the economy, like Mining,Agriculture,Manufacturing industries and Tourism, all these have great potentials to turn our economy around. Likewise, government should encourage patronage of locally made goods, and ensure quality of products produced by our local industries.

Here in Australia, they only have mineral resources and agricultural products,yet their economy is sound, Australia dollar is even stronger than US dollar at the moment. May God help us .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dudubody: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2011
@phemmy, na wa for uo, dont u know that moneygram rate is only like 1 or 2 naira less to the black market rate
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2011
dudubody:

@phemmy, na wa for uo, dont u know that moneygram rate is only like 1 or 2 naira less to the black market rate
Thank you Sir

Fhemmmy:

People are so funny, we asking the exchange price of the street of Lagos, someone is talking of in USA . . . .DO you have $$ to sell to me, while i give Naira to you folks in Nigeria?

Mr too know where in the topic does it say the exchange rate on the street of Lagos? The exchange rate here gives you an idea of what it is in Nigeria. Simple topic and yet some people find it difficult to understand.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2011
Am Alone:

hm mm - Interesting!!!

Chief . . . Keep it coming, you are the best
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by question(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2011
Am Alone:

hm mm - Interesting!!!

Two sides of a coin.
Some Nigerian folks want the exchange rate to get to N200 per $ cos they earn in $$$.
While some want it to crash and keep crashing to N100 per $ or below cos they spend in $$$.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
question:

Two sides of a coin.
Some Nigerian folks want the exchange rate to get to N200 per $ cos they earn in $$$.
While some want it to crash and keep crashing to N100 per $ or below cos they spend in $$$.

That is very true. . . . .But when it is high, everyone and everything suffers.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ebenezer95(m): 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
People should Stop talking much , question was How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? Please click and send us the Market Price for the Day stop been parrot LOL
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ebenezer95(m): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2011
How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by prokure: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
for some days now banks has not bidded for forex from cbn or rather cbn has not offered to sell. It is affecting us importers in sending payment to oversea manyfacturers. who know d black market rates? Am alone, help.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Pro02: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by olsmade(m): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2011
Dis is real sad. How much did you exchange d dollar for today? So much but so little. Just answer d question. Now dis mallam wants to charge 164 to a dollar and I dont know if he's trying to swerve me. Sad sad sad.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by igbonla(m): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
olsmade:

Dis is real sad. How much did you exchange d dollar for today? So much but so little. Just answer d question. Now dis mallam wants to charge 164 to a dollar and I dont know if he's trying to swerve me. Sad sad sad.

But you are in Ibadan, right? Pay more attention to the news on TV, wait a few more days except it's urgent. The rate should be better (like 155/156) by tomorrow/Thursday.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bisbelcall(f): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
this is too bad
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 7:10am On Oct 19, 2011
ebenezer95:

People should Stop talking much , question was How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? Please click and send us the Market Price for the Day stop been parrot LOL

Is it how you ask people for a favour
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2011
BOMANY:

Is it how you ask people for a favour

Chief . . .How far now, any update?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.