Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,510 members, 7,850,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change (236 Views)

Imo Election: First Thing I Did After INEC Declared Me Winner — Gov Uzodinma / The Make-believe World Of The Nigerian Mind / First Thing Dasuki Did When He Returned Home After He Regains Freedom [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by AlexBells(m): 10:19am On Nov 30, 2021
I had noticed that there is an attitude in great number of Nigerians that try to instigate crime as a deterrent to any form of harsh change. Humanity is very complex but I don't think that there is any valid theory that suggest crime as a go to remedy to resist or adapt to change.

Yesterday when I discussed on my stand as regards the removal of Petrol Subsidy, many people hinted that crime will increase, it was laughable but as someone who had lived in Nigeria long enough, I had seen this ideology on several occasions.

I can remember back when Okada was still allowed in Enugu City, during the lead up to the ban of Okada, many people used this same sentiments, that if Okada was banned that crime rate would increase, however Okada was banned and people adapted without resorting to crime.

What people don't understand is that crime is not easier than legit work, crime is not easy and whenever you see a Succesful criminal, maximum respect should be given.

Classical crimes requires equipments which are way costlier than starting a legit business, unless people who were born into or have a made man in the crime enterprise, the crime line of business is not as easy as the people make it seem especially for startup criminals.

Meanwhile when people think about crime in this regards they are referring to Kidnapping and Robbery, apparently setting up a kidnapping or robbery syndicate is not simple at all, it is first required that you set up a gang and such gang needs to be equipped with at least one fire weapon and many more.

Now Dane guns won't give any criminal so much confidence so we are looking at something close to an assault rifle or some pistol, these things are quite costly even in the locally made department.

NOTE: I'm not trying to say that change does not impact crime, I'm only saying that world view and unity of purpose is a greater weapon in the time of unfriendly change than resorting to crime, we can all band together as social creature and figure out solutions that would enable us adapt or ignorantly motivate some people to think that their needs are greater than those of others.

Becuase the major thing that would inspire criminality in a time of mass suffering is the criminals thinking that they are more important than everyone else, most likely the criminals would at most steal from the common man.

The panic on crime increase is justifiable but we shouldn't reduce our society to one that is incapable of adapting or finding solutions but make crime the primary ideology to resist change.
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by Millimann: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2021
AlexBells:

Classical crimes requires equipments which are way costlier than starting a legit business, unless people who were born into or have a made man in the crime enterprise, the crime line of business is not as easy as the people make it seem especially for startup criminals.

Start up grin grin grin
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by AlexBells(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2021
IgbosDestroynSA:
Because as a full flesh Igbo man. The moment I finish my mpkurumirri I just want to commit crime. Crime is in our desktop charger head. That’s how we are wired.
My Igbo tribe is the most foolish tribe in the world.
The Igbos rose from a civil war to the top with very minimal crime record, Yorubas on the other hand ordinary Covid 19 and rich people like Tinubu was stealing palliative made for the poor,
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by IgbosDestroynSA: 11:07am On Nov 30, 2021
AlexBells:

The Igbos rose from a civil war to the top with very minimal crime record, Yorubas on the other hand ordinary Covid 19 and rich people like Tinubu was stealing palliative made for the poor,
What’s my business with Yoruba? I’m a full flesh igbo man and I’m telling that Igbo is the most foolish tribe in the world. Am I the first Igbo man to say exactly that? Make we dey tell ourselves the truth abeg.
More mpkurumirri to your brain brother.
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by AlexBells(m): 11:13am On Nov 30, 2021
IgbosDestroynSA:

What’s my business with Yoruba? I’m a full flesh igbo man and I’m telling that Igbo is the most foolish tribe in the world. Am I the first Igbo man to say exactly that? Make we dey tell ourselves the truth abeg.
Go Biko, I can smell an Afonja all over you, lol You are a Coneheaded human, nothing Flat about you abeg, go to Mama kehinde's shop and collect your morning dosage of Ewedu

1 Like

Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by AlexBells(m): 11:16am On Nov 30, 2021
IgbosDestroynSA:

onye nzuzu
Werrey lol, keep thinking that Google translator is only available to you, come headed thing from Ogbomosho lol
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by IgbosDestroynSA: 11:18am On Nov 30, 2021
angry

Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by IgbosDestroynSA: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2021
Let me go and take small mkpurumirri I will be back for you.
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by IgbosDestroynSA: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

Rule 19

created new account for trolling
You go tire. Account opening no de finish.
Na una go commot for nairaland las las.
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by IgbosDestroynSA: 11:30am On Nov 30, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
That user is always looking for trouble with different monikers when you engage him he will start calling mods and quoting rules. Usually you guys always fall for it.
You need to go through the whole comments most times before you sanction anybody with ban or suspension. They are very mischievous people who give out what they can’t take.
Re: Why is Crime First Thing That Comes to Nigerian's Mind Whenever There is Change by BlackXabbath(m): 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
IgbosDestroynSA:

Of course you are full fleshed, thank God you aren't full fledged.

Opening new accounts to antagonize every igbo development is witchcraft on a whole new level. Keep it up, unrepentant septic tank inhaler.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Sani Bello  Moves To End Insecurity In Niger State / Bbc Africa Now Filled With Feeble Journalism – Boma Udumba, Manchester / Abdullahi A. Sule At 62: ‘of Life And Birth’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.