Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction (32075 Views)

Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Folorunso Alakija Meets With TD Jakes At House On The Rock (Photos) / Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by largeman4u(m): 12:49am On Dec 01, 2021
See her looking naturally beautiful
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Emperor88(m): 1:11am On Dec 01, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What type of god stops you from using jewelry but won't stop you from bleaching?
Sense will not kill you.....

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Emperor88(m): 1:12am On Dec 01, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
I have come to the conclusion that those that dress to impress 80% of them are broke.
Meanwhile, you have ppl like oshiomole who wears Khaki up and down but his bank account is in billions
Or Mark zukerberg with his grey t shirt and jeans.

Rich ppl don't dress to impress others
Only poor ppl dress to impress others
#FACTS

That Grey T-shirt cost 400 dollars per one
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is how you hear your Pastors and Mogs tell you of Jesus Christ but that is not even close to anything Jesus Christ said or asked us for. undecided

Think about this story you tell me here for a minute and maybe you will see the Truth for yourself. In the Gospels, Jesus Christ declared that only those who sell all of their treasures and give it all away - abandon family, friends, career, jobs, businesses, etc., can become worthy of being His followers - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 - the cost of Salvation as offered us by Jesus Christ. undecided
In essence, what you doing up there was judging that my mother did not actually give her life to Christ, She never leave behind her parent Islamic religion, work, she never sell her treasure on earth, who on earth tells you her story, how did you know here?

Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 - the cost of Salvation as offered us by Jesus Christ. undecided
Sir, stop the propagation of this fallacy, IT IS FREE! Salvation cost nothing to us the receiver. What else is not free, I will keep away from you for now.

You claim what your mother did was scrape all the hair off off head. Abeg, how does this connect with what Jesus Christ in fact said of the Salvation He offers us?
I never said shaving her head was the basis of her salvation.

How does what you said your mother die did equate to Jesus Christ's demand that you abandon everything in order to gain His Salvation?

Finally, in Luke 14 vs 25 - 33, Jesus was talking about the requirement of being his [a] disciple [or follower] and not the cost of Salvation as you state.

Come to think of it, Jesus has some handful of rich friends and he never compels them to do what you are trying to enforce up there.
This same book of Luke you referenced has a story of Jesus going to one of his Rich friends to go and eat food, yet he wasn't told to "sell all of their treasures and give it all away - abandon family, friends, career, jobs, businesses"

\And it does make sense for Jesus who is a constant traveller to tell those who admire to be his follower as at the time.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 01, 2021
chaloskyx:
SHEEP SPOTTED YOUS YOUR GOD DAMN BRAIN FOR ONCE AND THINK

Chicken spotted.
Do you know how many lines of code my GOD DERIVED BRAIN has processed today?

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On Dec 01, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

1. In essence, what you doing up there was judging that my mother did not actually give her life to Christ, She never leave behind her parent Islamic religion, work, she never sell her treasure on earth, who on earth tells you her story, how did you know here?

2. Sir, stop the propagation of this fallacy, IT IS FREE! Salvation cost nothing to us the receiver. What else is not free, I will keep away from you for now.
3. I never said shaving her head was the basis of her salvation.

4. Finally, in Luke 14 vs 25 - 33, Jesus was talking about the requirement of being his [a] disciple [or follower] and not the cost of Salvation as you state.

5. Come to think of it, Jesus has some handful of rich friends and he never compels them to do what you are trying to enforce up there.
This same book of Luke you referenced has a story of Jesus going to one of his Rich friends to go and eat food, yet he wasn't told to "sell all of their treasures and give it all away - abandon family, friends, career, jobs, businesses"

\And it does make sense for Jesus who is a constant traveller to tell those who admire to be his follower as at the time.
1. I didn't judge your mother. I simply explained that your claims made of her salvation don't remotely resemble that asked of us by Jesus Christ , this in order to become His servant. undecided

2. Whoever lied to you that salvation is free, deceived you I am afraid. That is not the story according to Jesus Christ. I suggest you visit the story of the rich young man to learn how had it really is to be saved - Matthew 19 vs 16 - 31 undecided

3. God gave you the hair on your head. He has no need for it since it is not what Jesus Christ asked you for to begin with. You do not honor God any at all when you do that which He never asked of you in His Law. The only way to honor God is through the doing of that which He infact commands and this is through obedience of His teachings and commandments as given to us by Jesus Christ. undecided

4. The goal of Salvation from the condemnation of Sin aka Death, as offered you, and I, is to become His disciple aka worthy of Him - John 3 vs 16 - 21. And the only way to become worthy of Jesus Christ, to enter into the Kingdom of God through the narrow Gate that leads to True Life, and not the Broad gate that leads to destruction - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14, is to do as Jesus Christ commanded in order to become worthy of Him.- Luke 14 vs 25 - 33. Jesus Christ asked those who will accept Him to endeavor to enter the Kingdom of God through the Narrow Gate - Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 for this reason. undecided

5. Jesus Christ preached to about 5000 people while He was on earth. He dined with many sinners and priests during His day but when He went to His death, He had a handful as His followers. Jesus Christ didn't ask us to deliberate what others do or don't do in their own walk. Instead what He taught us is that there who are His followers are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments- those are those who love Him - John 14 vs 15 - 23. He said His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14 - not those who do as others do. undecided
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by chaloskyx: 2:51am On Dec 01, 2021
lol who gives a damn i probably make more money with just my passive income that what your coding brings to the table empty barrels make the loudest noise.
FreelanceRebel:

Chicken spotted.
Do you know how many lines of code my GOD DERIVED BRAIN has processed today?
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by divinitybillz(m): 3:37am On Dec 01, 2021
I'm yet to understand why God has not given a single American, European, Asian Christian any of these instruction but just Africans.
Lord Help our Religious Mentality.
The Message is still Christ!!
Religion will fail, Christ will prevail.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by seunoj: 8:01am On Dec 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But since God does not take Jewelry away from folks , it means God no get anything to do with anything wey this woman talk at all. undecided

Africans and their fake modesty! undecided

She should avoid expensive cars and houses as well. Make she ikoyi relocate to Ikorodu.
Kati Kati.
All na bobo.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Realhommie(m): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin

Imagine if I had an iced out wristwatch and you expect me to get rid off it because of this dumb talk. grin
No, not because of her supposedly dumb talk, but because of your own personal convictions. She only stated her encounter or experience..

Btw, of what real value is that iced out wristwatch to your soul Because it all ends here afterall.. Eventually when you're gone you'll leave it all behind so why attach that much importance to stuff like that

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by MufasaLion: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2021
Realhommie:
No, not because of her supposedly dumb talk, but because of your own personal convictions. She only stated her encounter or experience..

Btw, of what real value is that iced out wristwatch to your soul Because it all ends here afterall.. Eventually when you're gone you'll leave it all behind so why attach that much importance to stuff like that

Are you the spokesman for "Life's vanity crew"? You can live your life in misery if you want. Live and let live.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Realhommie(m): 8:15am On Dec 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

Are you the spokesman for "Life's vanity crew"? [s]You can live your life in misery if you want[/s]. Live and let live.
You didn't have to be mean.. Mine was just a harmless contribution from my own perspective, you do not have to agree..

That was totally unnecessary..

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by MufasaLion: 8:18am On Dec 01, 2021
Realhommie:
You didn't have to be mean.. Mine was just a harmless contribution from my own perspective, you do not have to agree..

That was totally unnecessary..

It was necessary since you were trying to downsize my interest in having a iced out wristwatch. Whatever purpose it woukd be to me is nine if your goddamn business!

Oh, I still need me a Wraith with roof filled with stars. tongue
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Realhommie(m): 8:19am On Dec 01, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/

Nigerians and the penchant to misuse the name of God for personal beliefs.

Did God approve the screaming and moaning in Babangida's bed?

/
How true is it that she was IBB's mistress?? Been seeing some comments on Nairaland about same but no real or hard evidence..

P.S : I'm just curious..
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Realhommie(m): 8:27am On Dec 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

It was necessary since you were trying to downsize my interest in having a iced out wristwatch. Whatever purpose it woukd be to me is nine if your goddamn business!

No one is stopping you from fulfilling your fantasies or seeing that you meet your personal desires however mundane it may seem to anybody. That obviously wasn't my thought.

Emphasis on the last line of my first mention. All of these stuff should never be that important. Ultimately, it should be about your motive/motivation for having them..

Ciao..
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by MufasaLion: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2021
Realhommie:
No one is stopping you from fulfilling your fantasies or seeing that you meet your personal desires however mundane it may seem to anybody. That obviously wasn't my thought.

Emphasis on the last line of my first mention. All of these stuff should never be that important. Ultimately, it should be about your motive/motivation for having them..

Ciao..

My motive is none of your business, dude. Why you being a sissy? You talk too much.

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by msMonyei: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

The roof aint filled with stars, na just light effect.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Poleski: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2021
Complete nonsense! These dumb pastors are actively making a mockery of their religion!
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Realhommie(m): 10:20am On Dec 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

My motive is none of your business, dude. Why you being a sissy? You talk too much.
You're obviously shallow if you can't comprehend my thought.. Where was it mentioned that it's my business? Are you dense not to even see the correlation between the first and second paragraph or you just want to feel yourself?

And when you misrepresent a thought the onus lies on the individual to either clarify or ignore, i chose to elucidate just to give you a better understanding of where i was coming from since the beginning yet you have chosen to be a nutcase, saying i talk too much..

Mtcheeeew.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by ofiko123(m): 11:47am On Dec 01, 2021
chaloskyx:
NAA ITS NOT

How sure are you about this assertion??
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
[s]
chaloskyx:
lol who gives a damn i probably make more money with just my passive income that what your coding brings to the table empty barrels make the loudest noise.
[/s]

undecided
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by chaloskyx: 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
well simple cause the westerners who brought religion and have known and worshiped God longer than Africans do the following:
1. majority of them do not even go to church
2. they dont have as many churches or branches in Nigeria even though they have practiced the religion longer than we have obviously they know something we dont.
3. they brought religion yet they are the ones who go against the bible alot with all sort of immoral vices.
4. even as they dont take religion as serious as we do they are more blessed materially their economies are better than ours and its obvious religion has nothing to do with their success if not na naija go carry first.
5. we pray fast both dry and wet climb mountains but our plight as a spiritual nation keeps getting worse its either God no send us, there is actually no God and we have just been wasting our time or we are worshipping the wrong God.
6. we have been taking about end times great tribulation second coming etc what i would like to know has it actually ever happened since the advent of Christ in either BC or AD cause this is 2021 and that last prophesy is yet to be fulfilled. i believe its actual bullshit aimed at making Africans take their eyes off the prize earth and rather focus on getting to heaven while the whites use our idiocy to steal our resources and make their countries heaven on earth we believe there is no need for such and would rather wait till the second coming where we would be taken to paradise.
7. religion was brought by colonial masters who hated you what in Gods name do you feel it was actually meant to help you? did they love us that much I don't think so it was just part of their neo colonialist tool to further subjugate us. the actual God we have been praying to is no other than our colonial masters. if you look at it they are the ones who protect and save us with loans, finished goods, food cars you name it even in present day covid is it God saving you is it not the whites giving you vaccines to save you from the virus ? how many pastors have healed a covid patient have you not noticed they have all been quiet about the vaccines they were strongly against. do you know why is simple they dare not go against the dictates of GOD and by God you know i mean your colonial masters.
ofiko123:

How sure are you about this assertion??
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by EmpressT(f): 10:31pm On Mar 10
Thank God for your testimony. May to the Lord perfect his grace upon your life and uphold you till the end in Jesus mighty name -AMEN.

Kingpele:
God help me too ,I believe your testimony ma ,my own was alcohol, for years after giving my life to Christ ,I was still drinking beer ,thinking as long as I wasn't very drunk ,am good ,it cos the church i attend doesn't preach it as sin and for me I don't see it as sin .but God dealt with me concerning it ,I kept dreaming where God is telling me to quit drinking, then I came to believe that God was on it ,when my cousin that lives in South South called me one day telling me that he dreamt where God was telling me to stop drinking alcohol..I had to struggle my way out of it by God's grace, so is possible for God to tell someone to quit even some things that seems ok to humanity, I don't know why but he is God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / Dangote Donates N250m To Flood Victims In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.