Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,289 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area (26619 Views)

Kenyan Baby Starts Menstruating At Four Months, Develops Pubic Hair / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair / See 8 Reasons Why You Feel Pain, Tenderness And Burning Sensation In Your Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by doe: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
probably yeast infection. get caneten.
herpes i thought can only be tested if there are sores..
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Apsis: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
LisaAnneMia:

Amen!
Thank you for your prayers
I believe and I know it in my heart that I am healed already.
I'll share the good news soon!
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Perfectman91: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ten06:

Bro, it is for real.
I'm a living example. AsraZeneca vacine doesn't tolerate any virus infection in the system. A doctor friend in the UK called to tell me to take it because he knows what I was going through, bros that was how I became totally freed from herpes simplex

Wow, so how do I get this Asrazeneca vaccine? Is this the same vaccine the Nigerian government is giving the masses? Do you mean you haven't experienced any herpes symptoms after taking the shot?
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Ten06(m): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
Perfectman91:

Wow, so how do I get this Asrazeneca vaccine? Is this the same vaccine the Nigerian government is giving the masses? Do you mean you haven't experienced any herpes symptoms after taking the shot?

If I'm still experiencing it I won't bothered telling you to go and take the vaccine.

The AsraZeneca vacine was the first vacine brought in by the federal government, I heard that other product are being given to people now as the government is not sure of getting more of the AsraZeneca vacine. But I will advise you to go to any health center close to you. If they have the AsraZeneca you can take, but if others like Johnson and Johnson are available you can also take them, I believe it will still work because they all work against viruses.

The AsraZeneca vaccine was extracted from gorillas and was refined and diluted before they certified it for use.
The first few months I took the vaccine my immune system became very strong
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by spiceadole: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

They heard it's viral but the usual helpful users who aren't doctors say it's an antibiotic matter. What can we do except let them have their way?

Nigerians abuse antibiotics a lot and it's sad.
Herpes is a viral infection.. Even though, antivirals may help but not curative.
The disease is self limiting.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by LisaAnneMia: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
Apsis:

Amen!
Thank you for your prayers
I believe and I know it in my heart that I am healed already.
I'll share the good news soon!
smiley
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by smartr: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2021
Bigchristo:
You don’t mean it, so you literally think all married women cheat? Nor go mistake shook married woman o magoon is real., apart from that fucking another mans wife is a curse the Karma is inevitable grin grin

Lol no na, I dey craze? Was just saying that a person being married doesn't stop them from being unfaithful.. We move!

1 Like

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by BRATISLAVA: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
spiceadole:

Nigerians abuse antibiotics a lot and it's sad.
Herpes is a viral infection.. Even though, antivirals may help but not curative.
The disease is self limiting.

Surprising mutant bacteria haven't overwhelmed Nigeria, what with the way they consume antibiotics:

Need an abortion? Guy, give her beesham amcloz.
Can't breathe? What you need is IM shots of Rozphyne.
Having persistent headaches? Don't waste your money going to the hospital, just go to a pharmacy and ask for meteordinazolll, make sure you take 1g twice every night.

These people can be so wicked in their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Gianslayer: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ...

Now I can easily say you are a real niggarrr

If you are a niggar and you are yet to get one of these infection from a baby girl then you are not a real niggar

is that you Llord slawormiir �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by vampire2020: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
spiceadole:

You people are funny.

Whoever told Nigerians that STIs are diagnosed by urine and unnecessary swab tests
so please how are they diagnosed if not these two testing method,though we still have the semen culture.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by spiceadole: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
vampire2020:
so please how are they diagnosed if not these two testing method,though we still have the semen culture.

History and examination... Are the basis keys to making diagnosis , generally.
Many STIs are diagnosed and /or confirmed via blood investigations and skin scrap.

All these culture this and that end up culturing the body's normal Flora and people end up taking unnecessary antibiotics which further depress their immune system
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Blastedholligan: 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
Apsis:
I just got the test result, Herpes has been confirmed...damn!
Be careful out there
where did you do the test, how much and what did they say is the medication for it?
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Bigchristo: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
smartr:

Lol no na, I dey craze? Was just saying that a person being married doesn't stop them from being unfaithful.. We move!
Well I don’t cheat and I trust my wife so it’s not applicable to every married person

1 Like

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Perfectman91: 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ten06:

If I'm no still experiencing it I won't bothered telling you to go and take the vaccine.

The AsraZeneca vacine was the first vacine brought in by the federal government, I heard that other product are being given to people now as the government is not sure of getting more of the AsraZeneca vacine. But I will advise you to go to any health center close to you. If they have the AsraZeneca you can take, but if others like Johnson and Johnson are available you can also take them, I believe it will still work because they all work against viruses.

The AsraZeneca vaccine was extracted from gorillas and was refined and diluted before they certified it for use.
The first few months I took the vaccine my immune system became very strong

I'll go for it, thank you for this information.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by henry247(m): 12:14am On Dec 03, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:
Herpes: Types, transmission, symptoms, prevention and treatments

Herpes is a disease of the genitals or the oral region caused by the herpes simplex virus.

There are two main types of Herpes Simplex Viruses, herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2). Even though both viruses are closely related and may be responsible for either mouth and face disease or genital disease, herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) is mostly responsible for mouth and face disease while herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) is majorly responsible for the genital disease.

In 2018, it was estimated that nearly half of the world had been infected with herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) with the disease present in around 6 of every 10 persons under 50 (3.7 billion people worldwide). Africa had the highest rate of estimated infection with 88% while the Americas had the lowest with 45%. herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) is presented in around 13% of people aged 15 – 49 and commonest in women. It is commonest in Africa (44% in women and 25% in men). Many of the affected persons are unknown “carriers”.

What makes herpes unique?

The herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) has a predisposition for the face area and the herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) is attracted to the genital area. After the initial infection, these viruses can attach to nerve cells. This means that they can reside and multiply in these nerve cells and may become inactive – a process called latency or dormancy. This causes them to be permanently resident in the individual and can be reactivated at any time in the future.

After reaching a period of inactivity in nerve cells, recurrences may be triggered by fever, stress, sunburn, menstruation or other diseases. Infection is particularly worse in people with weakened immunity, such as people with HIV, and people on steroid therapy as well as people with eczema, on chemotherapy and people with concurrent infection. Infection with the Herpes virus is lifelong.

How is it spread?

Herpes simplex virus is spread through close personal contact with someone who already has the virus. It is highly infectious and single contact with an infected person may be enough for an infection to occur. Most people get the herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) in childhood through non-sexual contact while herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-1) is almost exclusively due to sexual contact which is typically much later in life which makes it a sexually transmitted disease. The herpes viruses gain entry into the body via:

Small cuts or breaks in the skin with subsequent physical contact
Contact with a cold sore or blister.
Contact with objects like razors, toothbrushes, cosmetics, towels, and intimacy gadgets that were used by an infected person.
Kissing, especially between an infected adult and a child. It may also occur when there is an exchange of saliva.
Body fluids like blood and genital fluids (via MouthAction)
Unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. The chance of spread is highest with unprotected sexual intercourse but herpes may be transmitted even when condoms are worn, especially on the uncovered parts.
In rare occurrences, a pregnant mother may pass the virus to her unborn child (called neonatal herpes), often causing severe complications which may include brain damage or foetal death.

When the virus gets into the body through the skin, it locates the collection point of the nearest nerve cells (called a ganglion) and moves in there but does not cause any symptoms in the immediate period. Then, the areas around the ganglion flare-up by first becoming itchy and subsequently tingling or burning up before blisters show up. 

The spread is greatest when the affected individual has a cold sore or a genital rash. Spread, however, may occur even in the absence or resolution of a cold sore or rash. Frequent contact with the affected individual increases the chances of spread.

What are the symptoms of herpes?

Most herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-1) infections are without symptoms (asymptomatic).  Cold sores or genital rashes may appear for the first time or recur at any given time. In persons with symptoms, the most common ones are:

Need sexual health services?
Find a clinic near you.
Fever. This is usually high grade
Anorexia
Vaginal discharge, especially in women
Pain when urinating
Malaise
Headaches
Tiredness
Muscle aches
Swollen gums
Sore throat
Swollen lymph nodes in the groin region
These symptoms often appear in the first week of exposure and subside within 2 weeks. Fluid-filled raisings called vesicles occur on the face and genitals (skin of the penis and groin, vulva and vagina. Anal sores can also be seen in men who have sex with men). These are blister-like, often breaking down and drying up, to be replaced by a yellow crust which eventually falls off, all in a matter of a few days. This continues to recur throughout life but with less severity than the initial outbreak, often with no particular pattern. However, it may be seen monthly in some people or as infrequently as every year.

How is the diagnosis of Herpes made?

The most accurate way to make a diagnosis of herpes simplex virus 1 or 2 (HSV-1 or HSV-2) is after a consultation with your doctor who will ask you questions before proceeding to examine you. Thereafter, samples may be taken from the sores for a test called tissue culture which confirms the diagnosis.

Having genital herpes increases your chances of getting (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) HIV so it is important to also test for HIV and take steps to prevent infection.

How is Herpes treated?

Infection with the herpes simplex virus is lifelong and cannot be cured.

However, treatment is instituted to reduce disease severity and to prevent complications. In some cases, treatment is also aimed at keeping the individual at such a state that they are not actively spreading the virus.

Treatment is mostly by prescribed antiviral medications, specific drugs that target and check the proliferation of viruses – most commonly, acyclovir (Zovirax). These are tailored based on the individual’s immune status and severity of the disease.

Genital rashes can be treated with special ointments that reduce the duration of the rashes and ensure quick resolution. Cryotherapy, the use of cold therapy to remove the sores can also be employed. Additional medications may be required if complications are present. Your doctor may also prescribe pain medicines, and a gel or cream to be applied on the sore for pain relief and to speed up healing.

How can one prevent oneself from contracting the virus?

Because most carriers are often without any symptoms, it may be difficult to avoid physical contact with individuals who are currently infected. However, here are some tips that will help prevent the spread of the virus:

Avoiding contact with people with cold sore blisters or genital rash
Avoid putting your hands in the mouths of people with mouth and facial herpetic disease. If you have to, wear gloves.
Wash your hands after inadvertently touching a cold sore or blister.
Avoid sharing items such as razors and sext toys.
Use dental dams when engaging in MouthAction
If you already have the virus, ask your doctor about suppressive antiviral therapy to reduce the possibility of spread of disease from you to close personal contacts. You should also avoid oral contact (sharing objects that have contact with saliva) or sexual contact with others when you have active symptoms by abstaining from sexual activity.

Very interesting. U try

1 Like

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by market01(f): 12:45am On Dec 03, 2021
[q

Are u a male or femal

uote author=Apsis post=108098338]Hello every
Pls I need help seriously
I've been experiencing Tingling/burning sensation on public area for 2 weeks now, I went for test and it came back negative
Has anyone had such experience before, pls kindly share solution.

[/quote]
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Blastedholligan: 8:39am On Dec 03, 2021
Apsis:
I've been doing push ups for 5 months, I hardly take sugar,milk or even eat red meat. Fasting blood sugar was 80 milligrams per deciliter.
whats the reason behind these extreme dieting?
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Blastedholligan: 8:40am On Dec 03, 2021
Adalasy:

More like your ignorance is very profound. I am a Ghanaian alternative medicine practitioner with over 20yrs experience and a member of Nairaland health section for years. I have treated MANY from Africa and outside Africa.
treated people from herpes?
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by billyG(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2021
Curious345:
but he did not say he has HERPES NA....
Read his post again,he said test result confirm hsv+.

1 Like

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Wordoftruth: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2021
Bigchristo:
which one be Clymadia again? Thank God say I don stop cheating oo, can’t come and carry waiting nor get cure
dem get cure.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Apsis: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2021
Blastedholligan:
whats the reason behind these extreme dieting?
It was the doctors advice cus I was weighing over 125kg and I haven't been active for years, no exercise until it started to tell on me so I went to the hospital and I was exermined, I had high BP and high ldl cholesterol levels.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Coolgent(m): 10:24am On Dec 03, 2021
Ten06:
Just go and take the Covid-19 AsraZeneca vacine you will be surprised how that herpes simplex will vanish.
Herpes simplex is a viral infection which can not be cure but can be managed with strong antibiotics anytime you experienced the outbreak. But the first jab of the AsraZeneca was able to cure it.
Many people has been giving secret testimony of how herpes they have been managing for year got cured with the first jab of AsraZeneca.
You will thank me later

Serious?
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by OvertheTop(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2021
Apsis:
Hello every
Pls I need help seriously
I've been experiencing Tingling/burning sensation on public area for 2 weeks now, I went for test and it came back negative
Has anyone had such experience before, pls kindly share solution.

How is it treated?
Prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, home remedies, and lifestyle changes are used to treat the symptoms of HSV. The type of HSV you have will determine which treatments you should use.

The goal of treatment is to prevent or shorten the duration of breakouts and reduce the risk of transmission.

Antiviral medications, such as valacyclovir (Valtrex) and acyclovir (Zovirax), help reduce the severity and frequency of oral and genital herpes symptoms.

Your provider may prescribe a daily suppressive medication if you experience severe or frequent outbreaks.

OTC pain medication can help relieve pain from oral and genital herpes, and there are several topical OTC treatments available for cold sores.

Here are some other things you can do to help ease symptoms:

Soak in a sitz bath if you have painful genital sores.
Apply a cold compress to a painful cold sore.
Minimize outbreak triggers, including stress and too much sun.
Boost your immune system with a healthy diet and regular exercise to help prevent outbreaks.
The bottom line
You can contract or transmit herpes and other STIs from kissing, but this doesn’t mean that you should blow off lip action all together and miss out on all the fun.

Avoiding skin-to-skin contact when you or your partner is experiencing an active outbreak will go a long way. Barrier protection can also help.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Ten06(m): 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
Coolgent:

Serious?

Not joking bro, that vaccine has eliminated so many herpes simplex.

1 Like

Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Apsis: 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
OvertheTop:

How is it treated?
Prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, home remedies, and lifestyle changes are used to treat the symptoms of HSV. The type of HSV you have will determine which treatments you should use.

The goal of treatment is to prevent or shorten the duration of breakouts and reduce the risk of transmission.

Antiviral medications, such as valacyclovir (Valtrex) and acyclovir (Zovirax), help reduce the severity and frequency of oral and genital herpes symptoms.

Your provider may prescribe a daily suppressive medication if you experience severe or frequent outbreaks.

OTC pain medication can help relieve pain from oral and genital herpes, and there are several topical OTC treatments available for cold sores.

Here are some other things you can do to help ease symptoms:

Soak in a sitz bath if you have painful genital sores.
Apply a cold compress to a painful cold sore.
Minimize outbreak triggers, including stress and too much sun.
Boost your immune system with a healthy diet and regular exercise to help prevent outbreaks.
The bottom line
You can contract or transmit herpes and other STIs from kissing, but this doesn’t mean that you should blow off lip action all together and miss out on all the fun.

Avoiding skin-to-skin contact when you or your partner is experiencing an active outbreak will go a long way. Barrier protection can also help.
Thank you very much
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Adalasy: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Blastedholligan:
treated people from herpes?

Absolutely
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Apsis: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
frankputer:

what's the test result like from the lab paper

1 igG reactive
or
2 igM Reactive

which one ?
igM Reactive
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by bayocanny: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
Apsis:

igM Reactive

Not bad, the virus is present but your immune system is fighting it.
I will advise you did a comprehensive medical check to actually determine what's wrong.
Try Teaching or general hospital to conduct full check, don't worry about the fees I believe it's relatively cheaper.
OP pls don't be depressed or sad about it. Just conduct medical check up from a different hospital.
With all you've been saying, I'm not sure it's herpes.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Apsis: 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
bayocanny:

Not bad, the virus is present but your immune system is fighting it.
I will advise you did a comprehensive medical check to actually determine what's wrong.
Try Teaching or general hospital to conduct full check, don't worry about the fees I believe it's relatively cheaper.
OP pls don't be depressed or sad about it. Just conduct medical check up from a different hospital.
With all you've been saying, I'm not sure it's herpes.
Thanks, I'll go to General hospital on monday.
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Doneit: 5:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
Apsis:

Thanks, I'll go to General hospital on monday.
sent u a mail
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Apsis: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
Doneit:
sent u a mail
Didn't get any mail from you
Re: Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area by Doneit: 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
Apsis:

Didn't get any mail from you
sent again

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? / Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.