Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? (2834 Views)

MTN Vs Airtel - What Do You Think Of Their Services / Glo Scam Is Killing Me, How Do I Stop This? (pictures) / Airtel Complete List Of Data Plan, Bundles, Subscription Codes And Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by susy6999: 9:33am On Dec 02, 2021
So Nov 17, I subscribed for an airtel data bundle of N5K for 40GB
I got a notification yesterday that the data has exhausted when I actually only used less than 19GB in that period.

There customer care are telling me another thing

5 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2021
I thought I am the only one that Airtel does it to.They are lying about those data fees.
#500 subs is 750mb.
#1k subs is 1.5gb.
If I subs with glo my data last long but their data network is not strong in my location.

8 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Cyril009(m): 10:06am On Dec 02, 2021
That is why I use Airtel to make calls only
1gb midnight sub data usage show I used about 450mb just go for MTN for your peace of mind.
they won't do anything about it.
Their network might be fast but you get half of your data plan.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Deborah98(f): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2021
I don't know if I'm the only one that hates that network, like madt... Glo sef I'm using is just management,MTN now sucks data overnight. A mazim onye a-na eze angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by hansomb: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2021
MTN don't even allows you to use your night data until around 2:30 am and if you have normal data they will be deducting from it instead from the night data

3 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by OfficialGaGa(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2021
All these networks are just oppressing the masses... all of them... Airtel don do me yeye... I almost mad.. I call customer care dem dey yan dust... I vex cut the call.. on both occasions... Glo nor too strong for my side... Mtn I dey fear dem from wetin dem don do me from the past....

omo I just weak.... these networks are just preying on the poor masses

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2021
hansomb:
MTN don't even allows you to use your night data until around 2:30 am and if you have normal data they will be deducting from it instead from the night data
it start from 11pm cheesy Abi which kind mtn you dey use grin

4 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by bigjackass: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2021
susy6999:
I got a notification yesterday that the data has exhausted when I actually only used less than 19GB in that period.

I also noticed this scam too for some time now. I'm planning to get a Swift modem and abandon all these useless network and their data plan scams

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Azzrael: 11:54am On Dec 02, 2021
I thought I was the only one.
I bought a 2gb data plan yesterday and I used less than 700mb and they sent a message saying I had 500mb left not 1 minute after that they sent anohther text saying I had only 200mb left!
Finally they said I had used up my data bundle.
Mind you I was downloading or running anything in the background.
Airtel is officially the worst network for data deduction I've used.
I'm going back to MTN

3 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by ajahinnousa(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2021
I stopped using Airtel for data long time ago after I discovered their fraud in data.

With Airtel,you can't do anything with 100 mb. Even to check WhatsApp messages.

At least I use Glo now and their data plans works for me. I do midnight sub on Glo. 100 naira for 1gig and I can do it as many times as I want and use it to download anything I want to download without any hitch

4 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by AgentGoat: 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
what can we actually do to protest all these?
Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Winningbot: 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
hansomb:
it starts from 11pm. My only negative experience about it is that some times, they deduct from my main data when I still have night sub, that thing de pain me

3 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by emae009(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
Airtel usually charged you double of what your phone data counter usually show.
So you've used 38GB of the 40GB, the other 2GB is for the upload.
Just my observations from using Airtel for more than a decade now.

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by SportsHD: 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2021
I use the Airtel modem. Their 40gb plan lasts me around 15-18 days. I don't even know why. The modem is pretty fast though, lightening speed data. I think that's the reason.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by prosperouz(m): 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Na Buhari cause em na

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by manlawal(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
SportsHD:
I use the Airtel modem. Their 40gb plan lasts me around 15-18 days. I don't even know why. The modem is pretty fast though, lightening speed data. I think that's the reason.
stop monthly subscription do weekly sub and see how it works

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by KingAlayinde(m): 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
susy6999:

So sorry you just discovered Airtel scam..... I do streams matches with mtn 1gb for at worst for all 90minutes..... The day's I sub Airtel 3gb it doesn't even reached 80 minutes B4 the streaming stop..... Since then I don't takes their data serious again

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Kirkman: 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2021
Airtel used to be my very first love until I discovered their fraudulent data scam and rip off of their customers. Glo is bae for now.
MTN I will give feedback later.
Airtel = Ndi Scam network.

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by bigjackass: 7:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
SportsHD:
I thought the same too until I travelled to a place with poor network last month and within 2 hours, my data dropped by almost 500 mb without even a single online page or message loading. Even WhatsApp messages were not received till I moved out to the roadside yet my data was going. That was the day I realized the scam

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by shilenji(m): 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
Wetin airtel do me ehn, leemaoooo. I just vexed borrow 2k credit from them which I'm never paying back. NEVER!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by d3cod3r(m): 12:11am On Dec 03, 2021
The day I stopped using airtel was when I had almost 8gb data on my sim but couldn't finish a download of 3gb before getting the exhaustion message. I had to subscribe an extra 2gb to complete it. I nearly ran mad that day. The next day I ported to mtn sharply. Mtn might not be as fast as airtel in my area but I have peace of mind now.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by hansomb: 12:39am On Dec 03, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
it start from 11pm cheesy Abi which kind mtn you dey use grin
what I mean was that the network is so slow you can't use it to download, stream content or play online game in my case.
Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Orangebasket: 12:41am On Dec 03, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
All these networks are just oppressing the masses... all of them... Airtel don do me yeye... I almost mad.. I call customer care dem dey yan dust... I vex cut the call.. on both occasions... Glo nor too strong for my side... Mtn I dey fear dem from wetin dem don do me from the past....

omo I just weak.... these networks are just preying on the poor masses
If Glo no good for your Area.. Jejely go back to MTN.. Its a bit lesser evil than Airtel... Airtel na isakaba!!!

Their Red means blood!!

And they squeeze till the last pint!

3 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by pumpingiron(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2021
ajahinnousa:
I stopped using Airtel for data long time ago after I discovered their fraud in data.

With Airtel,you can't do anything with 100 mb. Even to check WhatsApp messages.

At least I use Glo now and their data plans works for me. I do midnight sub on Glo. 100 naira for 1gig and I can do it as many times as I want and use it to download anything I want to download without any hitch
how did you 100 1g night sub on glo?

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Gkemz: 8:27am On Dec 03, 2021
Airtel is a scam network when it comes to data allocation. Likewise the night data package is not up to what they say it is. And the code for checking data balance doesn't display anything.

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Flamees(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2021
susy6999:

I sub 1GB for 200 weekly but hardly lasts 2 days
So i always put it on 3g cause Airtel 4g na data killer

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Feelings79: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
Same experience with Airtel here.How do we go about it as in reporting them to the authorities?

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by leetylee: 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
Airtel is shit now undecided
Many a times they scammed me... Night sub is an outrageous deal, 1gb for a night you can't exceed that limit, worse of all they don't roll over. Monthly and daily subscription is just a bone in the butt hole... I need my darling MTN back cry

3 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Jamesbiodun(m): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
hansomb:
what I mean was that the network is so slow you can't use it to download, stream content or play online game in my case.
Yeah that is true, i was thinking maybe it was because i upgraded my phone

1 Like

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by wealthtrak: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
susy6999:

Crazy stuff... Get to their physical
office location and lodge a
complaint with evidence.
Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Dathypebruv(m): 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
leetylee:
Airtel is shit now undecided
Many a times they scammed me... Night sub is an outrageous deal, 1gb for a night you can't exceed that limit, worse of all they don't roll over. Monthly and daily subscription is just a bone in the butt hole... I need my darling MTN back cry

You nor well, so na MTN better pass ?

Ode go buy Glo SIM and enjoy data

3 Likes

Re: Airtel: What Kind Of Scam Is This? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
susy6999:

Airtel are thieves , I decided to try them last week with same 40gb data and they disappointed me. I couldn't use the so-called data for almost a week , I didn't take it lightly with them till they refunded my 5k credit. I've made up my mind not to use them for data again. They are fraudulent when it comes to data

(1) (2) (Reply)

Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones / Whatz The Price Of Nokia X8 / How Do I Hack My Nokia E51

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.