Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,710 members, 7,840,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Who Doesn’t Love Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Doesn’t Love Nigeria? (126 Views)

Show That You Love Nigeria, Call Tinubu Now, Adewole Adebayo Tells Atiku, Obi / IGBO In Ukraine Now Love Nigeria More Than Biafra / Any Northerner Eyeing Presidential Seat Doesn’t Love Nigeria – CAC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Doesn’t Love Nigeria? by NewsForYou: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2021
Growing up on the street of Lagos. If there’s anywhere in the world that represent Nigeria. It is the state and city of Lagos. You’d hardly tell who is who. People do business and buy from each other because on the street we understand we need each other. Hardly will you find anybody involved in this daily activities that prosper the nation and themselves engage in online trolling because they are too busy working and making a good life for themselves and family.
You can not spend a whole bunch of your daily life on social media attack and insulting people based on their tribes or religion affiliation if you had a job except of course that is your job.

What am I saying?

Nigeria being a diverse nation will teach you that there’s economic value in diversity. If we live and do business peacefully in real life why then do we attack one another online?

This is where the politicians come in.
In attempt to discredit an opponent, they play religious or tribal card. Sometimes they pay people to do this. This are the people you see online attacking others. When the propaganda hit a point real people join this online fight to defend their people. We have seen this play on Twitter, nairaland and even on events like the EndSars.

My good people of Nigeria. You queue under the sun or rain in some cases to elect a leader. At the end of the day this person doesn’t improve your life. You get frustrated and go ahead attacking people who are not your problem.

Growing up. I believe I was well aware of OBJ era being that at this time I was aware of my surroundings. (I barely knew what politics of government was prior to 1999) During OBJ tenure. Eedris Abdul Kareem released the song Nigeria jaga jaga, BlackFaze released the song “Hard Life” featuring Alabai. If you have ever listen to the latter song you must have heard Alabai rapping “OBJ we don’t feel you, matter of fact we don’t need you” This was how bad Nigeria was bad on Nigerians at that time.

We all witnessed how the suffering continued during GEJ and now we are witnessing the change and next level of suffering under PMB.
Leaders from 3 different zone that did not even benefit their own people.
Did OBJ presidency benefits his tribesmen?
Did GEJ benefit the Niger Delta?
Is Buhari benefitting the North right now?
I realized because of diversity of Nigeria this people find it hard to focus on their people and because of their cluelessness, they don’t know how to help the whole Nigeria. Now why do we drag our parents and wonderful people over this politicians that switch allegiance at will?

Please stop the tribalism on nairaland. We are all suffering Nigeria together.
Let’s start having decent discussions together about what we want and who can give it to us. We are always going to be presented with thieves and rogues. All over the world politicians ride on popularity and not competence. Let’s start brainstorming on picking lesser evils. Because after all the fight. The leaders will have their way and then we continue fighting until another election as we maintain the circle.
Need I mention that Nigeria is not going to break anytime soon. Whether you represent Oduduwa, Ibom, Ijaw or Biafra republic. You must understand that the provision for self sustenance is not in any of this places. None of them can stand on their own. None except we are just going to have many countries without good economy. If we make Nigeria work there’s nothing wrong with our beloved country.
This is my 2cents and I hope it means something.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Should Leverage More Technology-driven Solutions, Intelligence Collaborat / Check Out This FASHION COMBO? Just Perfect For The SEASON!!! / Soludo's Victory Is A Victory For The Liberation Of APGA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.