Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,041 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Enigmatic Peter Obi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Enigmatic Peter Obi. (491 Views)

Sanwo-olu Hails ‘enigmatic’ Tinubu At 71 / Enigmatic Peter Obi... Loading 2% / Tinubu: An Enigmatic And Transformational Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by JaroMan: 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
By Chukwujekwu Ilozue On Dec 3, 2021

AWKA – The public presentation of the award winning book titled: “Okuko Sakata Usa Nkata Ekpudo ya” by the author, Nze U Nze on Friday at Tansian University Umunya, turned into a day of tribute as the author recalled how N1million Obi, then governor of Anambra State give him and others inspired them to strive for the sky.

Nze, a lecturer in the Department of Mass Communication of the university was among graduates of Anambra State origin who graduated in first class and were given N1 million each by Obi, then governor of the state in a show of appreciation.

At the public presentation attended by Obi, who was Vice Presidential Candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, (PDP) in the 2019 national election, Nze described him as a “true, tried and tasted change agent.”

Nze, recalled that the N1 million said to be a grant which Obi gave to all the first class graduates of which he was a beneficiary, helped many of them to realize their dreams of furthering their education.

He said: “I can assure you that many of us are teaching in different higher institutions across the country and some gainfully employed by good organizations and corporate bodies. We are all fulfilled.

“You did not give money to individuals, but as the Governor, everybody now appreciates the fact that you used the resources of the state to work for the state and to build the Human Resources.”

Speaking at the event, Obi recalled how he visited a hospital and was greeted by a nurse who happily introduced herself as a former student of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, which Obi massively supported the upgrade and enabled its School of Nursing, Laboratory Technology and Midwifery to gain accreditation.

“Likewise,” Obi continued, “one medical doctor I met recently also said he was able to graduate from Chukwuemeka-Odumegwu University after my administration secured accreditation of the University’s Teaching Hospital”.

Obi said that the two encounters, as well as the book presentation by a lecturer that benefitted from the state’s recognition of their achievements were what give him joy and fulfillment and not attending birthday or related epicurean parties, where people display their limited perspective of life by displaying affluence.

He said he was particularly delighted that Mr. Nze wrote in Igbo language and that his work won the First Prize in the 2021 Nigeria National Award for Creative Writing in Indigenous Language.

Obi took the opportunity to lament the increasing neglect of Igbo language to the point that even a bricklayer in the village now speaks English to his children.

He said it was because of the ugly situation that he supported the “ Otu Subakwa Igbo” group, offered automatic employment to Igbo Language graduates and gave out all manners of scholarships on Igbo Language.

Obi said that the situation was more alarming today and actually calls for the meeting of stakeholders to come up with drastic measures to stem the ugly tide.

The students of the school expressed appreciation to Obi for the N100 million he gave to their school that enabled them tar the entrance road to the school and for the school bus and other amenities they benefitted under Obi’s administration#

1 Like

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by Solsix(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Leaders like Peter Obi are rare to come by

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by globemoney01: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
Solsix:
Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by mrvitalis(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
Obi should stay clear of Nigerian presidency ...I know he is looking at the numbers thinking is Nigeria savable ?

If the next $15 billion dollars is bored in the next few years debt servicing would be 150% of revenue ...how then can you manage ...wage bills is already around 70% of revenue for you have compulsory 220% of revenue to spend

Where would you get the 120% to even keep government Runing ?

Increase tax ? Remove subsidy ? That would make the president unpopular

Let north rule 2023 after 8 years if Nigeria is still one then Igbo man can rule

Because Nigeria think it's bad now ...in 4 years it would be far worse

2 Likes

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by IDENNAA(m): 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
globemoney01:

Nonsense

Was it very painful reading the article...lol

1 Like

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by RuggedBiafran: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
fOOLISHLY USELESS AFONJANESTERN MISCREANT. That loves Tinubu the druggie and killer of Funsho Williams...BITE ME...I DONT BLOOODY CARE ...SPITS!! angry angry angry angry angry

globemoney01:

Nonsense
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by IDENNAA(m): 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
RuggedBiafran:
fOOLISHLY USELESS AFONJANESTERN MISCREANT. That loves Tinubu the druggie and killer of Funsho Williams...BITE ME...I DONT BLOOODY CARE ...SPITS!! angry angry angry angry angry

He is not Yoruba, nwokem.

Lota na Igbo na eme onwe fa.
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by globemoney01: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by globemoney01: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
RuggedBiafran:

IPOB miscreant, spit on your self.

3 Likes

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by headSmasher: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Same Pandora Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by Solsix(m): 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=globemoney01 post=108182717]
Nonsense [/quote
I feel ya pain, but I can't help you
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by Nedu05: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
[quote author=Solsix post=108186778][/quote]

You are crying from thread to thread, why? Are you cursed? cheesy
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by ThatFairGuy: 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2021
Until he answer to the massacre of innocent citizens of Akwusu.
Until he clarified why he bought shares for State IN HIS FAMILY'S NAME

UNTIL he tell the rationality behind his son of 13years having a registered company at that tender age.

Until then, Peter Obi Is the well packaged fraud from Alaigbo

3 Likes

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by West1side: 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Same Pandora Peter Obi or another peter Obi ? Do we now celebrate criminals in Nigeria ?!

Solsix:

1 Like

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
Peter Obi supervised the killing of igbo youth and Igbo elders didn't do nothing shame!
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by IDENNAA(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
SlyDev:
Peter Obi supervised the killing of igbo youth and Igbo elders didn't do nothing shame!

Keep quiet
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2021
IDENNAA:

Keep quiet

But you will shout in lekki fake massacre, divide this Nigeria!
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by adekolaelect(m): 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
IDENNAA:

Was it very painful reading the article...lol
the article is not the problem but the senseless commenter who over hip Obi than who he is.
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by efighter: 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
Solsix:

That's why he is not bold enough to come out and stand for the position of President. With all his international degrees, he prefers to be deputy to Atikuchukwu who has just a bought ABU Diploma before he just bought a fake degree in 2021.
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by adekolaelect(m): 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
These Flatt headed poeple dey make me laugh . Peter Obi Pandora Tender age Investor is who they are celebrating? At least when they don't have any other politcal successful and vibrant leaders anymore. It is not easy for them sah bcs their only leader who dey give them happiness through his hatred and division is no where to be found anymore

1 Like

Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by IDENNAA(m): 10:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
SlyDev:

But you will shout in lekki fake massacre, divide this Nigeria!

Hate is a dangerous thing.
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
IDENNAA:

Hate is a dangerous thing.
Hate that make you want to destroy Lagos
Re: The Enigmatic Peter Obi. by globemoney01: 12:08am On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Solsix post=108186778][/quote]
shut up

(1) (Reply)

My Mum Gave Me 2 Charms When I Wanted To Make Money - Former Min. Nnia Nwodo / Crucial 2023 Question For Our Northern Brothers / Fulani Herdsman converted to Christianity, & now a Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.