Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,088 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures (4337 Views)

Wike Orders Immediate Closure Of International Conference Centre For Renovation / Collapse Of Imo International Conference Centre Built By Okorocha / Okorocha Flags Off Imo International Unity Carnival 2018 In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by ABlAstate: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Multimillion Naira Conference Center Built By Rochas Okorocha Collapses In Imo [PHOTOS]
Reports coming in from Owerri–the Imo State capital reveal that the monumental Imo International Conference Center, IICC, located at Warehouse Roundabout has collapsed.

Although not the whole building collapsed, a major part of it crumbled after torrential rainfall. The is a big blow to the state as its magnificent structure worth billions of Naira is gradually becoming obsolete.

Before now, the Imo International Conference Center was abandoned by the current administration and its facilities were left to ruin.

The structure was built in 2014 by Senator Rochas Okorocha led Imo State Government. While in use, the IICC hosted several high profile events like political meetings of the State Governor and annual conference of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).
This wasting edifice was supposed to last the test of time considering the number of state funds spent on it. It is indeed a huge shame on the past and present government of the state—and also, the contractor who handled the project.

https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/society/amp/615a1cb63544ba3565776dd40bc50047

Owerri international conference centre was celebrated with so much fanfare and popping of champagne on nairaland. This conference hall was built by Gov Okorocha.

Here's the before pictures of international conference centre

Lalasticlala

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by ABlAstate: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
This is the present condition of Owerri international conference centre

2 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Abdul05: 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Maintenance culture no dey our body

Op, if u are in owerri now just stroll down to the basket ball stadium along airport road.there is a wonderful basket ball court over there grin grin

Even enter imo state airport in owerri nothing is there just empty hall grin grin
Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by xelly: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Politics of wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by seunmsg(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
The conference centre na Igbo made so the fast deterioration shouldn’t be unexpected grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Namdeenero(m): 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
It’s not about building but maintaining.. You won’t see this building and not shake your head I’m disappointment embarassed
Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by heniford2: 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
Is everywhere in Nigeria why cant state government lent it out why can't we think
Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Nnamdinaija(m): 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
Strength of Materials to be used in a building during Construction is very crucial to the durability of the building or the building's resistance during exposure to some hazard conditions like fire outbreak or strong seismic forces.

ATAT BUILDING CONSTRUCTION (The Best of professionals)

3 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by nzeobi(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:
The conference centre na Igbo made so the fast deterioration shouldn’t be unexpected grin

I never knew a moderator like you could be a bigot

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by nzeobi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2021
Rochas went around building substandard project as if the gods he is serving directed him to do such.

He even looted chairs from this place before handing over

5 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Nedu05: 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
Biafrarep come and tell us what happened in your glorified village of owerri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Vistra40: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

I used to respect you in this forum but this is way beneath you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by MrMaestro: 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
But it’s Tinubu that they have on their minds 24/7. Is this not madness?!?!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by MrMaestro: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:
Blatant truth unfortunately. It was a good structure, should’ve put more into the quality of materials.

2 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by tuborme: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
I just dey laugh! If you know how substandard that structure was….you will agree with me that there was no need maintaining it. Come to think of it…only structures built by Rochas are collapsing in imo state. Only his roads, schools, buildings, hospitals, courts, police stations. Have you seen his new police headquarters that was commissioned weeks before he left office? There is no road constructed by the Rochas administration that is motorable currently. His village has been cut off from the state capital. You can only access his town through Anambra. Hope you remember that infamous bridge without reinforcements that Ihedioha discovered….it leads to his village.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by iluvdonjazzy: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
Normally I love Sen. Rochas Okorocha I no go lie, I came to Owerri since 1st of December for a wedding ceremony but I will be there for 2 weeks more for other engagement, I saw that international conference centre we even thought it was destroy by some unscrupulous element I never knew it was rain that destroyed it. We were discussing in my vehicle with someone that based in Owerri, he told us categorically that Rochas worked very well in Imo state but all his work are substandard. I almost drip tears. OKOROCHA WHY?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by FantasyHub: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
nzeobi:

Neither is he d only one.
Fvck Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
So sad

I saw this building today on my way to Marketsquare...

Nigerian politicians always fighting themselves...

Hope should, if not for anything, consider the taxpayers' funds used in setting up these structures...SMH

1 Like

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Penguin2: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Namdeenero:
It’s not about building but maintaining.. You won’t see this building and not shake your head I’m disappointment embarassed

Accept that this was a substandard project.

I can give you litany of abandoned projects that have kept standing through decades.

This is an already completed project and no level of non-maintenance was supposed to lead to its collapse. Worst case scenario would have been grasses growing in the environment and cobwebs on the roof.

This is simply one of Rochas’ fraud in Imo state which justifies every ill treatment meted to him from Ihedioha to Uzodimma.

I’m just surprised some fools are suggesting Rochas for president.

6 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Danzysb(m): 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
So,you mean rain destroyed that international conference building? So what do we tell the tax payers whose income was wasted on those buildings.

4 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Penguin2: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
tuborme:
I just dey laugh! If you know how substandard that structure was….you will agree with me that there was no need maintaining it. Come to think of it…only structures built by Rochas are collapsing in imo state. Only his roads, schools, buildings, hospitals, courts, police stations. Have you seen his new police headquarters that was commissioned weeks before he left office? There is no road constructed by the Rochas administration that is motorable currently. His village has been cut off from the state capital. You can only access his town through Anambra. Hope you remember that infamous bridge without reinforcements that Ihedioha discovered….it leads to his village.

So pathetic!

Instead of people to be calling out Rochas for his substandard projects, they are blaming Uzodimma for not maintaining it.

I’ve seen projects executed in the 80s that are still standing even though they’ve been abandoned.

So why would a house built as early as 2014 collapse due to lack of maintenance?

Rochas is a fraud and that’s what people should see.

5 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by vanbonattel: 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

I have never seen any contraption in my life called fulani made grin

That tribe produces nothing at all.

6 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by OVB123: 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Rochas and substandard project. Hmmm! God save imo state.

1 Like

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Emperor5(m): 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:
You are clone!

3 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by seunmsg(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
vanbonattel:

I have never seen any contraption in my life called fulani made grin

That tribe produces nothing at all.

Fulani are nomads whose major occupation is cattle herding. I can bet they don’t rear substandard cattle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by SmartPolician: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
nzeobi:

The guy you quoted is not a moderator.

Rochas Okorocha is a disaster and that's why imo people despise him. A governor who builds without any plan.

He would see projects in his dreams, contact local engineers and start working on the project. A few days later, it will just collapse.

3 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by chariisGRACE(m): 7:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
Rochas really dealth with Imolites by gifting them substandard structures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by headSmasher: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by vanbonattel: 7:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Fulani are nomads whose major occupation is cattle herding. I can bet they don’t rear substandard cattle.

Every other person rears animals. My grandmother has been rearing healthy fowls since time immemorial.

The fulani are so lazy that they still hide behind an 13th century occupation as their only output. They also rear smelly animals in the most unhealthy of conditions. They are an insignificant set of people economically, just parasitic.

5 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by OnyeObodo: 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
nzeobi:

Who made him a mod? Which section? That one na just Tinubu miscreant we manage here

4 Likes

Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Landmack: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nnamdinaija:
Strength of Materials to be used in a building during Construction is very crucial to the durability of the building or the building's resistance during exposure to some hazard conditions like fire outbreak or strong seismic forces.

ATAT BUILDING CONSTRUCTION (The Best of professionals)

Strength of mat.

U don make me remember my Engineering days for faculty
Re: Imo International Conference Centre Owerri: Before & After Pictures by Landmack: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Imolites didn’t see all these disasters in their state to talk about but were rather chooking mouth,leg and eyes in Anambra elections to fail.

Imolites ndo nu o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau South: Women, Youth Groups Pass Vote Of Confidence On Senator Daduut / Answer This Question If You Understand English Language / Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.