Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff (11236 Views)

Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Schoolmate Of Sylvester Oromoni Reveals How He Was Tortured By Senior Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Naijadaily: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
Faces of the alleged killers of late Sylvester Oromoni a 12-year-old student of Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos has emerged online, also revealed were the faces of the top management staff of the school.

Reports had emerged that Oromoni was bullied and beaten by fellow students. The supposed injuries from the beating led to his death, according to a Twitter user with the handle @perrisonoromoni, who claimed to be the boy’s cousin.

However, in a statement on Wednesday, the school denied all allegations stating that Oromoni was neither bullied nor beaten but only complained of hip pain after playing football.

Contrary to the school’s statement, the victim’s cousin rolled out photos and video evidence, which corroborates the fact that the child was bullied and beaten; an activity that led to his death.

According to the bereaved father in a live video interview with Punch news online , he and his wife transferred their deceased son to Delta State where a series of tests conducted and ”last-minute open confessions” by the late 12 year old Sylvester confirmed that he was molested and violently abused by five senior students in the school. He mentioned the names as Joseph Benjamin, Michael Kashamu, Anslem Temile while he said he couldn't recognise the other two because the lights in the hostel room were switched off by the boys before they started beating him up. A dying Sylvester also revealed that the boys warned other students in the room not reveal what took place threatening to kill anyone who violated their order. The five boys further directed the fear grippen students to lie that Sylvester sustained injuries while playing football if queried by the management of the school.

The college management staff as revealed online are: Mrs. A. Layiwola B. Sc. (Ed) Bio. M. Ed. (Educ. Admin.) Principal/ Head of School , Mr. M.A. Olusesi M.Ed Mathematics Vice Principal/Deputy Head of School (Academic), Mrs. T. Yinka-Babalola B.A. Ed. English, M.Ed (Admin) Dip (Computer Programme) College Counsellor and Lami Phillips BSc (Business Administration), MA (Strategic Management), Executive MBA Director Of Student & External Affairs.

They told my son to describe his sister’s private part, says late Sylvester Oromoni’s father

The father of the deceased Dowen College student, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr, who bears the same name, has revealed some of the atrocities his son went through in the school.

In an exclusive interview with The Cable, Oromoni Snr revealed that his son was subjected to severe bullying, disclosing that the boys who allegedly bullied Oromoni Jnr had been reported to the school management the previous term.

He said, “My son suffered. His birthday is next tomorrow (Dec 4). I’ll celebrate it. I’ll have a cake baked. I’ll cut it on his behalf. The boys they mentioned were also reported to the school last term when they bullied Junior and collected all his foodstuffs; clothes. I have two daughters, one of whom graduated earlier. I had to remove the second after this incident. They asked this boy to describe the sister’s privates and this got to us.”

The boy’s father also revealed to The Cable that Oromoni Jnr had been issued death threats if he ever revealed what happens to him in school.

He also stated that contrary to what Dowen College had said in a statement addressing the incident, the family friend who they sent to pick up Oromoni Jnr from the school described a totally different situation.

“They put fear in him so much so that, when you ask him, he might keep to himself and say, ‘they will kill me’. This way, we didn’t know what to do. I considered removing him, reconsidered since his sisters were still in the school,” Oromoni Snr told The Cable.

“The new incident came to my knowledge on November 21st after the school called my wife to notify us that our son was in the school clinic, injured. My senior son, who was to make a London trip, came to see us in Warri.

“The next day, we sent a family friend to help pick up our son since he was the only person in Lagos and take him to the hospital. When he got there, he panicked, pointing out that he doubts it’s a football injury as the school claimed. He said the boy couldn’t stand because his waist was bent and swollen along with one side of his belly. His mouth was black. I asked, ‘is this really a football injury?’ He was taken to my house in Lagos but couldn’t sleep at night.

“I asked my eldest to fly to Lagos on November 24 while I took a trip to Asaba, from where I’d also make for Lagos. On getting there, he screamed. ‘This is beyond football injury. Come to Lagos now,’ he told me over the phone.”

Meanwhile, Dowen College, in an email sent to parents early Friday morning, stated that students should not come to school on Friday, 3rd December and Monday, 6th December because of the incident.

Reacting to the incident, Tonto Dikeh said, “Dear Dowen college, I have been informed. I’m just gathering all the facts and history of this misfortune together then we will talk. Don’t go anywhere. Our children can’t go to school to be great and end up 6feet below. God forbid. That’s not why we trust schools.”

“I could not bring myself to post the video, I haven’t even been able to watch it twice. I can’t imagine the pain this child felt, I cannot imagine. Sylvester’s life cannot be in vain, he cannot go like that,” actress Mercy Johnson-Okojie said, as this occurrence comes two months after her daughter, Purity, faced bullying in school.

Calling on the government, actress Toyin Abraham said, “How do you beat a child to the point of death? How do you wake up to the reality that the ‘living’ child you sent to school is returning to you as a corpse?

“Governor Sanwoolu @jidesanwoolu @lasgeducation please do the needful. People need to start talking. Dowen College needs to do better than that terse release.”

Reality TV star, Alexandra Asogwa, popularly known as Alex unusual wrote to Dowen college, “I tried to hold it in but I might explode if I don’t ask questions. It’s no news that bullying has been accommodated as one of the inevitable happenings in schools.

Lagos Gov't shuts down school

The Lagos State government has ordered the indefinite closure of Dowen College, located in the Lekki area of the state.

The decision is pending the outcome of an investigation into the death of a student of the school, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr.

The decision was contained in a statement signed on Friday by the Assistant Director, Public Affairs, of the Lagos State Ministry of Education, Ganiu Lawal.

The statement added that the State Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, announced the closure of the school after a meeting with the School Management and Staff.

https://thepolitynews.com/dowen-college-see-faces-sylvesters-alleged-killers-school-mgt-staff/

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Naijadaily: 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
More Photos

2 Shares

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by KAM3KAZI: 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
Justice for Sylvester!!

10 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by daddytime(m): 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Rein these future harams in please.
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Karlovych: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
embarassed All aphonjers, spits. Awolowo gave them education but the cocaine addict brought them mischief. He is breeding his own Tinoubou youth ahead of 2023 just like Hitler did years back.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by ItsGoodToBeGood: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
They should be dealt with accordingly without fear or favour
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed All aphonjers, spits. Awolowo gave them education but the cocaine addict brought them mischief. He is breeding his own Tinoubou youth ahead of 2023 just like Hitler did years back.
everything no be joke or tribalism I beg you in the name of God, someone just loss a life

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by HelloWriter: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Their eyes all look marijuanic.

7 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by ChiefSosa(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
The darkest and hottest place in hell is reserved for these killers. #RipSylvester

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by ekineme: 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
They should be dealt with accordingly without fear or favour

In Life you cannot control or determine what should happen to you but you have control of how you will react to what happened to you.

The school management should have done a thorough investigation without favour before releasing that official statement, because as it stands now, if at the end it was discovered that the boy died as a result of bullying and not injury sustained during football game then the school mgt are an accomplice.

14 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
Really heart wrenching

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by bigjackass: 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Anyone who has the names and information of the families of these animals and their workplace or businesses should let us know.

6 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Jpolgar(m): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
bigjackass:
Anyone who has the names and information of the families of these animals and their workplace or businesses should let us know.
Haa... Bros pls calm down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by danny56: 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please bring the bullies out for Nigerian youth to greet them.... Let's meet them on the street and play football... Death should be for them too!

3 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by danny56: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
bigjackass:

My thought too!

2 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
ekineme:

In Life you cannot control or determine what should happen to you but you have control of how you will react to what happened to you.

The school management should have done a thorough investigation without favour before releasing that official statement, because as it stands now, if at the end it was discovered that the boy died as a result of bullying and not injury sustained during football game then the school mgt are an accomplice.

On Point
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by LoudlyMouthed: 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Kaybae(f): 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
HelloWriter:
God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
Such a sad story to read
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
HelloWriter:
Marijuanic

Wetin person no go read for dis forum bayi ?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Golan007: 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Kashamu is not a common name.
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Golan007: 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Marijuanic

Wetin person no go read for dis forum bayi ?

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by TheWolfen(m): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
The truth is gradually coming out

2 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by TheWolfen(m): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
One day. Your dirty mouth will put u in big trouble. Kontinue

Karlovych:
embarassed All aphonjers, spits. Awolowo gave them education but the cocaine addict brought them mischief. .
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
This is what PARENTS are getting after paying #1million per term
Evil knows no bounds.
They must be dealt with ruthlessly else Jungle justice will take its course

2 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Gadafii: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
The first two boys look hardened??

How could the school authority allow something as terrible as this happen in a school, where parents are supposedly paying over N1M
If this had happened in a public secondary school, we got understand, hiian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by floss(m): 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
This is why Government needs to give consent to the law of Moses especially in situations like this.... the only thing that can make the parents of the deceased feel that justice has been served is if " An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" is practiced... eliminating the killers.... anything outside that is just waste of time. Just imagine seeing killers of your son and their parents walking out of a mall...

4 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
They killed someone and they expect to live.
It doesn't work that way

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by DeeEllaHope: 1:17am On Dec 04, 2021
Phone Numbers Of Principal And Vice Principal for Dowan College 08055461116, 07032021324 (Mrs Gbadamosi )

08023117787( Vice Principal)

#justiceforsylvesteroromoni
#nopeaceforthewicked

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by Ezemarcel(m): 1:23am On Dec 04, 2021
Sowolu over to you .....media governor
Re: Exposed!!! Faces Of Sylvester's Alleged Killers, Dowen School Mgt Staff by kel94(m): 3:01am On Dec 04, 2021
Justice for Sylvester embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lasu Post-jamb Is Out. / Kwara State Polytechnic Students Holds A Rally To Celebrate Nigerian Soldiers / OAU Students Protest Non-Payment Of Workers' Salaries (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.