Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? (3051 Views)

10 Safety Tips When Driving In The Rain / Nigerian Women Are Bad Drivers!!! / 15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by andyanders: 9:33am On Jun 11, 2011
[b]Fellow members, I was driving this morning and wanted to enter the highway, a female driver who was driving beside me, never allowed me to enter. There was no traffic and I was wondering why ladies/women tend to be wicked when on steering. I have experienced much of this and also have noticed them acting in this funny manner, no matter their level of education. I found out that this is only applicable to Nigerian women. I have been to other countries and I found that their women tend to portray the good attitude to live in social circle than their Nigerian counterpart.

In Nigeria, they look mean and wicked always when on the wheel. But the funny aspect of this is that, whenever I encounter them and they are at a tight corner, I give them right of way to enter. If I should take their attitude in percentage, almost about 95% oof them act this way, leaving only about 5% who act normally when on the wheel. We need people to act properly when on steering and be patient when driving. If we should be patient, we can reduce traffic situation in at least 70% in Lagos.

. Please can you share your experience or contribute to this.[/b]
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by yusuf2(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2011
undecided
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Slyr0x: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2011
Guess Agbero drivers made them that way.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Pennywise(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2011
Nigerian female drivers can be very stubborn. They are often unskilled, clumsy, lack proper understanding of road rules and etiquette. They cling on to speed lane and ignore all attempt at correction. Generally very annoying. They are mostly the same. It doesnt matter if they have been driving for 20yrs
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by aribisala0(m): 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
and nigerian male drivers are a model of professionalism ,courtesy and excellence
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by denzel2009: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2011
They have this belief that you want to take advantage of them. Their agidis are always funny though.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Pennywise(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^^
I like to play their game when I have d time esp with the really stubborn ones. Sadly I usually dont.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by FlyboyZee: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
I was driving one day in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State and there was a woman driving a car in front of me, while we were both moving at about 60-80 KM/H, she suddenly stopped and I was lyk What? Only for me to find out that she saw some children that we getting set to cross the road and she had to stop abruptly to let them cross the road. That was so "undriverly". If I had not been concentrating, I would have taken her from behind. After that she kept  blocking the road and refused to allow me overtatke her and when I eventually did, she just waved her hand in my face. In my mind, I was lyk if I had taken her from behind, I don't think she would be wavin' that hand at me ryt now. Well, just be alert whenever you are driving, 'cos that person behind or in front of you myt just be another lunatic, irrespective of sex.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Pennywise(m): 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^^
U shld have taken her from behind
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by ibdguy: 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
There is a simple answer to this one; starts with a Y and ends with an S.
Boys and girls what does that spell?

They are mean with their 'stare straight ahead, I don't see you indicating to me to let you through' attitude to driving.
As to why they choose to drive in this full-on aggressive mode- I haven't the foggiest.
Though might have something to do with the fact that the vast MAJORITY of Nigerian road users believe the blinking amber light thingy on a car is simply a mildly irritating light effect that cars come with that certainly has no bearing on road courtesy and safety; and oh I don't know, the fact that again the vast majority believe their father had a direct hand in building the lane in which their cars 'reside' and as such no other individual has a right to be on their personal property. Go figure!
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by denzel2009: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

I was driving one day in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State and there was a woman driving a car in front of me, while we were both moving at about 60-80 KM/H, she suddenly stopped and I was lyk What? Only for me to find out that she saw some children that we getting set to cross the road and she had to stop abruptly to let them cross the road. That was so "undriverly". If I had not been concentrating, I would have taken her from behind. After that she kept  blocking the road and refused to allow me overtatke her and when I eventually did, she just waved her hand in my face. In my mind, I was lyk if I had taken her from behind, I don't think she would be wavin' that hand at me ryt now. Well, just be alert whenever you are driving, 'cos that person behind or in front of you myt just be another lunatic, irrespective of sex.

Yeah, you should have taken her from the rear. cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by tpia5: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
In a country where you can bribe to get a driving license, are we saying the male drivers are better?

Sorry, poster but your attempt at women bashing has failed miserably. Check yourself before you turn psychotic.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by tpia5: 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
Is this in support of the saudi ban on female driving @ the almajiri who started the thread, as well as his sidekicks.

In nigeria, you can buy a driving license even if you never saw a car before in your life talkless drive one, so how is bad driving an exclusively female problem.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Pennywise(m): 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^^
That pretty much summarizes the matter. Attitude problem with the Nigerian woman. Nothing else. It is b/c of women on our roads like tpia I wish I have nothing else to do so I can take on her. From the rear!!
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Reference(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
tpia@:

Is this in support of the saudi ban on female driving @ the almajiri who started the thread, as well as his sidekicks.

In nigeria, you can buy a driving license even if you never saw a car before in your life talkless drive one, so how is bad driving an exclusively female problem.

Its not a bad driving thing, not a right of way thing either but the simple in and out of traffic thing - switching lanes, turning into traffic, etc you know, where your sidelights are blinking, or you flash your headlamps, honk or wave your hand. That's when they just stare dead pan ahead and pretend you don't exist. You can be sure if its a woman you won't get through. Ive noticed it very many times not just me but to other male drivers and I don't bother asking. I would understand if its a danfo but it cuts across all cars. Really don't know why.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by emmatok(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
Most of these women have "complex issues".

They always want to prove to the men that they too can drive and can't be side-lined.

If they "bash" your car they will still be claiming they are right.

Even the notorious  Okada riders avoid them like poo.

Because dey no go gree.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Kpac(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
Women are naturally Mean when they have an ounce of power.

A woman would be nice,gentle and straightforward only on either of two conditions: First, she is humbled with poverty or situations of life, Second, she is aspiring to achieve something and need your help or good impressions.

Women are mean ANYWHERE you put them while enjoying power e.g

1. On the road: They wount allow u any space, wount give u any chance and would not even recognize ur pleas plus when they hit you, they tell u to get out.
2. As Policewomen: If you have any case and you meet a woman on the counter, sorry for you, they would prosecute you thoroughly until declared guilty.
3. As Lecturers: If you are late to sign a course form and the lecturer is a woman, they would suffer you and even disgrace you, they dont have mercy on anything you need their help for
4. As Secretary to a Top Official: If you meet a woman secretary, it is finished, they would neva allow u see Oga even if you sit for hours
5. As Traffic agents: If a woman arrest you for wrong driving, u don enta am, they would delay you, suffer you and insult you well.

ETC

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Koikoi(m): 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2011
inferiority complex is what make them so mean. just wanna prove to the male folk that they too can drive. pls, bcarefu wen u meet dem on d way. spoilers all of them
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by tellwisdom: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
They have this belief that you want to take advantage of them. Their agidis are always funny though.

You are right bro, but as for me, Im ready to put any stubborn female driver into the bush if she cant be calm on wheel, No be their fault, na their husband wey carry car give them and d ones wey make small money themself wan enjoy, not minding driving rules, ME, BADT GUY  #Inside bush straighttttttt#
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by 190: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
Obviously they carried their attitude problems enter sterring thats why they are that way
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Pennywise(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
One bashed my rear fender around xmas. Couldnt tell if she was a learner, a drunk or both. She simply accelerated

when all she had to do was apply d brakes. It was a new car that gave me considerable bragging rights. I was so

confused. At first I seized her decrepit v-booth key. Not knowing wat to do with it, I simply dropped the key and drove

away stopping at least twice to look at damage b4 getting home.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by cold(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^I know that feeling.It can be very frustrating
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by andyanders: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
@tpia@

I think you have to grow up. You think with your legs and not with your brain. and that is why you people always concentrate on the advise given to you by your legs and not your brain.

Becuase of the lunatic background you come from, that's why you can stand to say; poster "Check yourself before you turn psychotic"

Anyway, I was just told right now that your family has psychophrenia running through their vein. So I rest my case.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by vislabraye(m): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
I can feel what the poster is saying. Th reason a lot of women act this way is because they feel men are trying to take advantage of them. Worst part is that many of them are not good drivers. When they make mistakes, they try to prove their right.

Thats why when i see some women drive especially when I'm walking, I give them ten feet space. I no wan hears story.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by JimmyBoy1: 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2011
It is hard to fault this theory, I can not recollect any female giving me way while driving, and I am always willing to give them away.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Syenite(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
My wife is no exception.I have quarreled with her severally because of this. At times she'll want to be as adventurous as I am(but in an immatured way). embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2011
do they take computer test? No
do they take driving license? No
do they buy driving license? Yes
so no be their fault o
prob the agberos
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Alert(f): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
You men are funny, so u don't understand when you drive very rough and try to cut corners right, and intimidating evry female driver u see to give u way. When the male folks learn patience and how to obey traffic rules then I wld have no problem letting one in front of me esp. If he asks me nicely and not bullying his way infront of me. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by MMM2(m): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2011
dey dont try dat when am driving my bugatti v not 2 talk of my G-class
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by kabukabu50(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
Most Africans,including Nigerians,male and female can't drive to save their lives, they hold up traffic in the fast lane,yapp on their cellphones,read while they drive,never use their blinkers or hazards,don't understand right of way,and don't maintain their lanes when driving, oh and this also applies to Asians,Indians and Latinos, they are total donkeys when you put any of these groups behind the wheel of a vehicle. grin grin
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2011
I think it boils down to the fact that women,feel that if they don't drive in a certain way they will be seen as weak.
You can give a woman a right to cut into the traffic in front of you right now but a minute later if you ask her to give you right of way she will stare sraight ahead with a nasty frown on her face and pretend not to see you.
I put this attitude down to a complex,that makes women feel they will be taken for weaklings if they show a little chink in their armour.

My advise to any male driver:once you realise a woman is driving the car ahead of you give her a gap of at least five cars in order to be safe and not sorry.
Re: Why Is It That Women Are Mean When Driving? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
And so because you encounter one mean lady driver who was probably having a bad day, you just jump to the conclusion that Women are mean drivers?

Seriously some people need to be slapped hard for coming up with stoopid topics.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Good Ml 430 (mercedes Benz) Mechanic In Abuja / Just Got My First Car / Has My Camry 2007 Engine Finally Knocked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.