Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead (1449 Views)

Delta Killing: Serving Nigeria Soldier Home Burned Down. / Bishop Matthew Kukah's Headquarters In Sokoto Attacked & Burned Down / Fulanis Chase 1,000 Tivs From Their Homes In Taraba (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by okosodo: 2:48am On Dec 04, 2021
(CNN)What started as an attempt to get rid of pesky creatures ended with an entire house going up in flames.

A house of nearly 10,000 square feet in Dickerson, Maryland, an hour west of Baltimore, was engulfed in flames on November 23 when the homeowner tried to smoke out a snake infestation on the property, Pete Piringer, chief spokesperson for the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service, told CNN.
Piringer said snakes had been an ongoing issue for this owner and the previous tenant as well.
Coals were used as the heat source for the smoke, but they were placed too close to combustible materials, eventually setting the house on fire, Piringer explained.
The fire started in the basement and quickly spread through each floor, engulfing the multistory home, according to CNN affiliate WJLA.
Piringer told CNN that the owner was at home a few hours before, but luckily no one was there at the start of the fire. A neighbor passing by saw the smoke and called 911.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/03/us/house-fire-snake-removal-trnd/index.html

Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by Realtalk20: 4:06am On Dec 04, 2021
Trust me watching the snakes burn was worth it cool
Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by mightyhaze: 5:31am On Dec 04, 2021
Realtalk20:
Trust me watching the snakes burn was worth it cool
They would have used chemicals. Throwing dirty bath water probably with poop inside will always be worth it,but with the baby inside?

1 Like

Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by bcomputer101: 5:38am On Dec 04, 2021
This should sound as a caution to that snake master

1 Like

Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by princepee: 6:14am On Dec 04, 2021
At least they succeeded in getting rid of the snake.
So not a total loose.

1 Like

Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by Richy4(m): 7:08am On Dec 04, 2021
That's just sad.. Snakes catchers would have collected $350 or less..

But now they have to start explaining to the insurance company on why the should be compensated or the burnt house... ie if it was insured..
Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by Jakumo(m): 7:13am On Dec 04, 2021
This is a very serious development. Let us await Oga Lala's press conference on this breaking news.

3 Likes

Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by ba7man(m): 7:50am On Dec 04, 2021
Reminds me of the Endsars miscreants and IPOB. undecided undecided undecided
Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by alizma: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2021
Over here, this is one what we refer to as end time snakes
Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by floss(m): 10:55am On Dec 04, 2021
Just imagine after burning down the house you find the snake entering a nearby swamp or bush....or was told by neighbors that they saw a snake crawling out from the back of the house grin grin

2 Likes

Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by Ridofi: 11:05am On Dec 04, 2021
That's bad

Do you need a loan this Festive period for Christmas celebration or for business purpose or for personal need then I'm glad to inform you that you get a loan from Polaris bank even if you don't have an account with the bank. You can get between 50k to 2 million naira without collateral and less paper work with a monthly interest rate of just 2% for a duration of up to 8 months repayment period. This information is completely free and I'm not charging for it or collecting any fee before you can get the loan. If interested, kindly click on my WhatsApp link below to chat me up

http://.us/w/?c=a4f49c
Re: They Were Trying To Get Rid Of Snakes, But Burned Down Their Homes Instead by greatdreamer(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2021
Lala, I know you won't be happy with this news

(1) (Reply)

After Signing, Buhari Accuses National Assembly Of Padding 2022 Budget / Chop Chop Politicians Love Tinubu While Progressive Minded Love Peter Obi / See Before And After Photos Of Ganaja Flyover Project By Gov. Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.