Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,060 members, 7,838,694 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

#JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out (45187 Views)

#JusticeForSylvester: Ijaw Youth Council Protests In Front of Dowen College / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by otipoju(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:
The parents who abandoned their 12 year old in a boarding school have failed woefully in parenting and should be arrested and charged for negligence and murder angry
People are in a hurry to marry and have kids but want to do parenting part time. How about not having kids at all if you can't pay attention to them?
The ones that have turned out as bullies and are now acting like possessed demons are also products of modern day parenting.

A 12 year old in a boarding house is not abandoned.
I went to one and till this day, i am not happy that my parents did not let me finish after JSS3. My mom witnessed a case of bullying herself.

The school owed the parents the protection of the childre put in its care.such violence did not suddenly happen. The management condoned it until it blew up in their faces.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by RealAdewole(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
duduade:

Reasons I will advice they go spiritual o
make them *roo* the oku
That boy s spirit should not be at peace
This is the best alternative or even option... Let the gods settle the matter

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
mrlycan:
What kind of parent puts their children in the boarding school.. ? This is Nigeria..........for crying out loud

The parents are total idiots wahlahi. I would rather homeschool my kid than put them in boarding school.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by cloud(m): 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
OSDD:

Most of them are products of boarding school, you can see the frustration from their comment.
Why will you give birth to a child and allow the society train it for you? The crimes committed in boarding schools are on the rise, negligence on the part of the parents and the school management.
Parents go dey form busy, now you can end up with broken ward or probably a dead one...
PS: no quote me and be saying rubbish, I no dey take prisoners
look, boarding and day schools have their respective pros and cons. The idea of sending kids to boarding houses in those days were borne out of wanting the kid to be independent minded, confident as well as have the ability to mingle among his/her peers. Explains why most of our present day leaders and successful business men are mostly products of boarding houses. However, present day societal ills have put a strain on boarding houses. You cannot compare unity schools of the 90s to what we have now. Its such a shame, but a total overhaul should be carried out on our public schools both day and boarding, because most of these so called expensive schools are just there to exploit parents and make profit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by bablon20(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
The names of the killer students should be scattered all over the internet so that the public can search /identify them and the family members so that jungle justice can be delivered to their doorsteps.
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Hkff: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Parents are the causes of most evil these youths are upto

Same thing in the US the boy that shot mates few days ago was handed gun to him by his parent as gift
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by jesustheissue: 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:
The parents who abandoned their 12 year old in a boarding school have failed woefully in parenting and should be arrested and charged for negligence and murder angry
People are in a hurry to marry and have kids but want to do parenting part time. How about not having kids at all if you can't pay attention to them?
The ones that have turned out as bullies and are now acting like possessed demons are also products of modern day parenting.

SOMETIMES I DO WONDER AT THE COMMENTS MADE IN THIS FORUM SUCH AS THE ONE ABOVE!! I REALLY WONDER!

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by clothingonline(m): 6:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
This matter too long
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by bepositive11: 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:

How many children have gone through boarding school without harm? I myself have been through boarding school. The parents are not to blame simply for sending their child to boarding school
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by timefarm(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
vibre:
Timefarm the lunatic farm animal, come and tell us how this man has another agenda.
Foolishness reign in your generation.

A student died is different from seeking fake public sympathy.

Mumu mad man
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by ORIAYO70(m): 11:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Richy4:

A lot of us went to boarding school and we came out strong and independent...

Yes some parents sent their ward to boarding school because of work schedule, many sent theirs because of quality education.. and some find themselves there due to distance between home and the school...

I don't see anything wrong with parents sending their children to boarding school.. cultism can still exist within the day school operations.. under the nose of the parents.. so?

True talk
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by uckyra: 5:18am On Dec 05, 2021
I love nairalanders, they are the most intelligent people I have seen
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by vibre: 5:42am On Dec 05, 2021
timefarm:

Foolishness reign in your generation.

A student died is different from seeking fake public sympathy.

Mumu mad man
Shhhhh, stop disturbing sane people with your nonsensical blabbing, not everyone is a lunatic farm animal like you. If anything is fake here, it's that morsel of fufu you have in your head in place of a brain so stop wasting your time trying to make sense because you just can't. That's the unfortunate story of your life, no brain, no sense, no future just a living epitome of foolishness and lunacy.
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by timefarm(m): 5:47am On Dec 05, 2021
vibre:

Shhhhh, stop disturbing sane people with your nonsensical blabbing, not everyone is a lunatic farm animal like you. If anything is fake here, it's that morsel of fufu you have in your head in place of a brain so stop wasting your time trying to make sense because you just can't. That's the unfortunate story of your life, no brain, no sense, no future just a living epitome of foolishness and lunacy.
Stop.
You no dey tire to show stupidity. Bye bro
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by vibre: 5:51am On Dec 05, 2021
timefarm:

Stop.
You no dey tire to show stupidity. Bye bro
Animal, take your diseased and miserable, scabies infested self into the jungle, that's where your fellow animals are. You're not fit to live among humans. Bloody fool
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by 1Sharon(f): 6:09am On Dec 05, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
you idiot. The standard age a child starts boarding school is 11 or 12. I started boarding school at 11 from js1, your parents couldn't afford to put you in boarding school or were senseless enough to not know the importance of boarding secondary school doesn't mean you insult parents who are wise enough to put their wards in boarding school for good training

What good training exactly ?
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by 1Sharon(f): 6:11am On Dec 05, 2021
GuyFawkes:

You are a fool of the highest order.
So the Governor owns Dowen College?
Your parents did a disservice in raising you or you just turned out unfortunate.

Before you call someone a fool make sure you aren't one yourself.

Down college is answerable to the Nigerian government.
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by 1Sharon(f): 6:19am On Dec 05, 2021
Edusouls:
Chai I swear Yoruba parents are the worst and the most corrupt, see monsters they raise as kids, and terrible hearts they have, no wonder their men dream for Igbo women, tufiakwa unu.

What does this have to do with Yoruba?
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by 1Sharon(f): 6:37am On Dec 05, 2021
Apreecauts:

Yes, it isn't their fault entirely, but they should also take part of the blame. He told them when he got bullied initially, told them when he was asked to describe his sister's private parts, told them when they threatened to kill him. They could have done more, the father even said he considered withdrawing him but reconsidered because his sisters were in the same school. They should have taken the matter more seriously than they did but now it's too late, I hope they learn from their mistakes

Wasn't he an only child?
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by GuyFawkes: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2021
1Sharon:

Before you call someone a fool make sure you aren't one yourself.

Down college is answerable to the Nigerian government.

What part of the school has been shutdown and Investigations are ongoing don't you understand? Or you want to blame Buhari for that also since the dimwit dragged the governor into it.
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by countryman13: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
They can run but can not hide! As many that joined hands together to shortened d life of ds little boy ceased to know peace for d rest of their lives, amen. Their parent's labor on them shall b in vain, amen. To d dead, pls don't rest rest until ur spirit haunt them all.
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Apreecauts: 8:49am On Dec 06, 2021
1Sharon:

Wasn't he an only child?

He wasn't, he had sisters(two I think), and I think he also had an older brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd / University Of Benin Students Shot This Afternoon / LASU Final Year Female Student Commit Suicide Over Lack Of Money (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.