Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (88691 Views)

Joy Edordu, Mother Of Dowen College Bully Deletes Her Instagram Account (Photos) / Is Lami Phillips Family The Owner Of Dowen College? / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by SiggyNG: 10:30am On Dec 03, 2021
Update from

Read Previous Threads: https://www.nairaland.com/6875786/12-year-old-dowen-college-student-beaten

https://www.nairaland.com/6876728/oromoni-sylvester-statement-dowen-college

Disturbing videos show final moments of Dowen college student, 12, who died after allegedly being tortured by his classmates for refusing to join cult, Siggy reports.

According to the cousin:, This was the state of Sylvester junior before he died. He couldn’t raise a leg or an arm.

In a video posted online, the now-deceased student can be seen with bruised lips and was also being carried around as he was unable to move on his own.

This comes after the school management released a statement yesterday, Thursday, December 2 denying claims that the student was beaten because he refused to be initiated into a cult.

According to the statement, the student only fractured his hips during a game of football and was released to his parents for further treatment.

Before he passed on, the student was said to have mentioned names of some of the students who were behind the attack, an allegation the school vehemently denied, maintaining that it was a faith-based school.

Nigerians are now questioning the authenticity of the claims made by the school, with many pointing out that a fractured hip couldn’t have caused so much damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omYCRGqE_L4

https:///disturbing-video-showing-dowen-college-student-in-pains-before-he-died/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by SiggyNG: 10:30am On Dec 03, 2021
To think that the school had the mind to deny the truth and also allow the suspects escape is very disheartening. The school should be closed down with immediate effect and justice sort for young Sylvester. Poor innocent boy murdered for nothing.
#Justice4Sylvester

[color=#990000][/color] stands with the family of the deceased and we vow to always dish out trending students' gists just like we've been doing since 1831 cry

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Malory: 10:31am On Dec 03, 2021
What a painful experience. Rip to him

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Deborah98(f): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2021
Wait you mean he fractured his hip and what has that got to the cracked and seemly bruised lips sad... Believe whatever the school has to say at your own peril. I'm glad he mentioned those behind his attack,if they parents are wise they should take it up from there. Schools now be doing the most. Is it not better we homeschool our children and have them alive than send them to school only to meet them abused, attacked, dead and some sorts of rubbish with flimsy excuses from the school authorities. Omo I weak sef

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Maxymilliano(m): 10:47am On Dec 03, 2021
Why do people forget autopsy in cases like this? Since the school said he fell, hurt his leg and complain of hips pain, an autopsy will reveal what happened to him.

The family should expect just two things, a broken bone and a dislocated hip if that is possible. But if there is any other blunt trauma to his body, they already won the case. Simple.

174 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by otokx(m): 11:21am On Dec 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Why do people forget autopsy in cases like this? Since the school said he fell, hurt his leg and complain of hips pain, an autopsy will reveal what happened to him.

The family should expect just two things, a broken bone and a dislocated hip if that is possible. But if there is any other blunt trauma to his body, they already won the case. Simple.

Well said

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by habsydiamond(m): 11:24am On Dec 03, 2021
The school should keep denying it... They won't come out plain because they know it's bad for their business... Majority of these high paying fees don't teach discipline at all.. Bad behavior start from such school ranging from drug abuse, sexual immorality, cultism and all sorts

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by kingthreat(m): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
Lalasticlala, this is an important update.
Dowen should be closed down. Imagine paying 1 million and your child is exposed to such inhumanity. The school must pay and those beasts who did this must be expelled.

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by CSTRR: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
kingthreat:
Lalasticlala, this is an important update.
Dowen should be closed down. Imagine paying 1 million and your child is exposed to such inhumanity. The school must pay and those beasts who did this must be expelled.
Expelled and prosecuted.

That is a criminal offence bordering on murder.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by ExAngel007(f): 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
I'm just so sad right now. Hope all people involved be brought to justice.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by verybadmouth(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
It is well with his family

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by slawormiir: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Too bad...

If not for the lips....I would have concluded a little bit that it is a case of fractured hips from the football

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by otijah(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
Where was the school management when this atrocity was going on? And to think that school is trying to cover this up by releasing a false statement is enough to shut down that school. God I can't sleep properly cause of this case.

He dey play come get this kain injury that led to his death, even if he was playing against Sergio ramos and Gattuso at d same time

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by autolearner: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
Some news portal claim that the students fingered to be behind this have been flown out of the country, if this is true, the management of Dowen college should be picked up, and made to produce them.

Nothing is more traumatizing than to send your kids to school to learn, only to be handed a half-dead body because of some ill-mannered spoilt kids, who have not been nipped in the bud.

The ball is in the court of the parents, and one hopes that justice is duly served.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by paulolee(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
the school get mind say na football mend this boy like this? even d likes of pepe, gattuso n ramos wey de ball rough pattern with careless attitude no get such gory injuries..
abi na sticks n knieves dm use beat am for "kolo beating" dt year??

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Robisky001(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
That Dowen college school management are bloody liars and just want to protect their business. That school should be locked down pending when the investigations are done.

Back then when I dey play street football sote dem dey come beg me they go play street competition for nearby streets. I nor sustain injury like this, nh cum one small sch underaged football go inflict these kind of injury say waiting nh.

The Lagos state government as a matter of urgency should take over the case see it to a logical conclusion. The school management must pay for their negligence and misconduct.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
Probably something d parents was avoiding before enrolling him in dowen was what actually killed him.

Sometimes the devil we know is always better than ,.,......

Rip to the lil boy. The news is such a tragedy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Optimistguy1969: 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
See where they have taken cultism to.
When we dey JS2 we still dey baff for outside.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by sonofanarchy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
If they treat my lil brother like this, I go trace each of the kids and wipe dem out

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by greenie77: 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
Traumatizing. sad
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by sonofanarchy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
Soskid55:
Ok
pay for me I go give you double if I win
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by delzbaba(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
Poor child, this innocent boy just died like that, after spending one session in boarding school back in the eighties, i vowed that non of my children will ever step into boarding school, never!!!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Ayemileto(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Correct. Autopsy will reveal what happened to him.

Also, apart from posting it online, they should get the police involved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Honeysweetest(f): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Wisdom is profitable, knowledge is not enough,can make u look like a fool. Go and post this on ur doorstep.
thatsleepboy1:
WHO IS allah?

Muslims use the remotest language possible to describe Allah. They try
to make him as transcendent as possible in order to discourage people from conducting research on him. If you ask a Muslim to define Allah, he will just beat about the bush, ascribing attributes to him that neither belong to him nor befit him. But Allah is not as mysterious as Islam
would like the world to believe. He has been at the Kaaba stone all along. Certainly, Christians have not prayed enough to displace him and we may never do so until he meets his doom in the valley of Megiddo.
Some say that the word Allah was or is derived from the Syriac Alaha. But the name Allah was in existence long before Islam. That is evidenced from the name Abdullah (meaning servant of Allah) the name of Muhammad's father. The question is this: To whom was this name originally revealed? Certainly none of the Biblical prophets ever referred to it. There is absolutely no trace of that name in the Bible. It is Arabic, not Israelite. But in the mind of Islamic scholars, anything (negative or positive) done to further the cause of Islam is justifiable, so they can lie and claim that the name of allah was revealed to Adam, Abraham or even Ishmael. Lies can be told about those patriarchs because they have been dead a long time and aren't around to refute any false claims. And they never leave Abraham alone. In pre-Islamic Arabia, that Muslims now refer to as Al-Jahiliya, meaning a period of ignorance, the Arabians were grossly paganistic. In and around Kaaba, the Arabs worshiped 360 idols. Each clan had their own particular idols to worship. It is provable that Allah was one of the 360 idols that Muhammadís Hashimite clan worshiped. Muhammad's grandfather, Abdul Muttalib, was the leader of Mecca and a custodian of Kaaba's 360 idols. The Koran confirms that he was a pagan. The names that Muhammad grandfather gave his children are further proof that Muhammad was from a family of idol devotees. Muhammads father was named Abdullah, meaning servant of Allah. The name of Muhammad's uncle was Abdul Manaf, meaning servant of Manaf. His other name was Abu Talib, meaning father of Talib. This is indisputable proof that Allah and Manaf were clannish idols worshiped by Muhammad and his people. Islamic scholars try to hide the historic fact that Muhammad worshiped idols before and after he claimed to be a prophet. But they canít do away with the record of the Koran itself. That Muhammad was later fascinated by the monotheistic creed of jews and Nestorian Christians is beyond question. He encountered many of them at Mecca and on his business trips to Syria. His wife, Khadija, was a Catholic, as was Waraqa ibn Naufal, his secret tutor. Now, Muhammad wanted to unite the Arab race under a theocratic setting, but there was no way he could carry along all those 360 idols, so Muhammad decided to pick from among the idols of his clan. Naturally he picked Allah, the idol for which his father was named. Any of the idols would have served; an idol is an idol. It is the demon behind an idol that deceives the mind and heart. Those who try to single out Allah and deify him above the other Meccan idols should remember that Muhammad could just as easily have picked Manaf, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, or any of the others; and his choice didn't win the support of everyone, including his uncle, Abdul Manaf. That is clear from the fact that Abdul didn't submit to Allah and Islam until his death. He held on to Manaf. This elevation of one idol over the other 359 angered the other Meccan clans. The purported persecution of Muhammad was nothing but an inter-tribal or inter-clannish quarrel over whose idol should be or whose should not be venerated. In the same vein, the Koran was written in Muhammads dialect (Quraish). To pacify the other tribes, Muhammad told them (with concocted revelations) that the preserved tablet in heaven was written in Quraish. The world was then asked to swallow the Islamic lie that all the Kaaba idols were destroyed. It just isn't true. About four of those idols are said to remain. The custodians of Kaaba should open the stone to independent inspectors should anyone dispute this. Just as Islam led 1.2 billion Muslims and even some ignorant Christians to believe that Jesus is Isa or Esau, so it has tried to make the world believe that Allah is God. But there is no link between Allah and the Bible God, who revealed His name to be Yahweh, or the I AM. Websters New Collegiate Dictionary calls the name of the true God a
Tetragrammaton, which means that it is made up of four letters. Those Hebrew letters are transliterated YHWH or JHVH. They are usually pronounced Yahweh or Jehovah. Yahweh means the I AM. That name defines G-ds eternal being and divine nature: The only true, almighty, personal, holy God, and ìthe Father of spirits (Numbers 16:22, cf. John 4:24), The God who revealed Himself to His people, made a covenant with them, became their law giver, to Whom all honor and worship is due. If God's name was really Allah, why didnít He give that name to the prophet Moses or to any of the other Old Testament prophets? Why didn't Jesus ever hint that God might have a name different than the one already revealed to the prophets? The Supreme Being is eternal isn't He? If God is without beginning or end, isnít His name also eternal and unchanging? Of course, but if the Koran is correct, then nobody knew God's name before Muhammad, and God didnít know what He was talking about when He told Moses that His name was ìI AM that I AM.î It was at the burning bush that God revealed Himself to Moses as the I AM (Exodus 3:14). I AM portrays His eternal existence, with no beginning and no end. He is the only eternal God, there is no other. There is no room for any usurper idol, no matter what he calls himself. The name Allah does not belong to the true God, but to an Arabian idol. But there is more. When Jesus called Himself I AM in John 8:58, He said in effect that He is the same I AM who spoke to Moses at the burning bush. The Jews understood exactly what Jesus meant, and tried to stone Him for it (John 8:59). They knew that Jesus was declaring Himself to be the final, perfect and practical revelation of true God. The prophet Isaiah knew it, too, when he called Jesus Emanuel, meaning God with us. This is not polytheism, God the Father and Jesus His Son are one Being, one essence. Jesus said: John 10:30 I and My Father are One.

6 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Amalekki: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Are you high on meth ni? How is this related to the thread topic?

thatsleepboy1:
WHO IS allah?

Muslims use the remotest language possible to describe Allah. They try
to make him as transcendent as possible in order to discourage people from conducting research on him. If you ask a Muslim to define Allah, he will just beat about the bush, ascribing attributes to him that neither belong to him nor befit him. But Allah is not as mysterious as Islam
would like the world to believe. He has been at the Kaaba stone all along. Certainly, Christians have not prayed enough to displace him and we may never do so until he meets his doom in the valley of Megiddo.
Some say that the word Allah was or is derived from the Syriac Alaha. But the name Allah was in existence long before Islam. That is evidenced from the name Abdullah (meaning servant of Allah) the name of Muhammad's father. The question is this: To whom was this name originally revealed? Certainly none of the Biblical prophets ever referred to it. There is absolutely no trace of that name in the Bible. It is Arabic, not Israelite. But in the mind of Islamic scholars, anything (negative or positive) done to further the cause of Islam is justifiable, so they can lie and claim that the name of allah was revealed to Adam, Abraham or even Ishmael. Lies can be told about those patriarchs because they have been dead a long time and aren't around to refute any false claims. And they never leave Abraham alone. In pre-Islamic Arabia, that Muslims now refer to as Al-Jahiliya, meaning a period of ignorance, the Arabians were grossly paganistic.

12 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by kowema(f): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
What a sad and painful loss.
I went to a boarding school and I'd say school authorities have a lot to fix in school rules against bullying.
Most students come from homes where dogs literally eat dogs.
father beats mother daily, Siblings fight and its all war. They take this evil trait to school.
I mean, you could just see the outcome of bad parenting and good parenting in this case. Whilst the parents of the deceased keep saying God will judge more like let peace reign, The culprits parents responded by flying their children abroad.

De-board student found in such cases and watch sanity return. I want to believe it's not the first time report of such massive beating has reached the authorities.

In my secondary school at some point, My principal De-boarded a whole set. some suspended indefinitely. Either you abide or get out!.

Whats all this rubbish!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Factfinder1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
an autopsy should be carried out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by Charmingrascal(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
The school authority should provide all the people the boy mentioned during his last minute.
The school head should be arrested and prosecuted for being an accomplice by trying to cover up for the students he mentioned before his death
Now all the people he mentioned have fled the school according to news report.

I think there is a staff of the school who is also a cultist because I wonder how there could be cult activities in such a school without anybody noticing, definitely there is an adult or one person among the staffers either academic staff or non academic that is also involved in cultism.

I have a friend who was a teacher in a standard school he is a cultist and he encouraged his students indirectly to join his cult group even though he wasn't initiating them himself, only the encouragement they got from him would have negative effect on them.

This is so sad.
A very vibrant boy just died like that

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by BigDolph(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
Sorry little one

Rip
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died by abobote: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
What kind of wicked and greedy private schools, we have in Nigeria. Imagine denying something as gravity as this. And the school or parents couldn't take him to hospital instead they were adding more pain with their self service.
The school authorities, the boys whose names were mentioned and even the parents should all be arrested. So sad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record / JAMB 2013 Result Checker - How To Check / Esut: Post Ume Result Check And Admission, URGENT PLEASE !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.