Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? (23376 Views)

Photostory: Queues As UK Embassy Resumes Visa Processing In Lagos / UK To Resume Visa Processing In Nigeria On July 28 / German Visit Visa How Do I Go About It Myself, Dont Want To Use Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by vopoked: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
No

So as not to get scammed
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by cawewan: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bad idea
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by mabeni(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
Following
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Omo9ice1(m): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Just get a valid international passport, do the right research... U might not need an agent "if you can gather the right info" that's the key

5 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by kkboy(m): 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
Absolutely necessary
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Bigsteveg(m): 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
xscoffy:
Depending on the country you wanna enter. Most American and European country visas av specified processes on their country websites to follow just to be granted a visa.

Secondly, if ur going for study in an American or European country.... There r are many WhatsApp groups who drop scholarship and paid students visa processes. I am in one though I don't have need for that at this moment. Just follow up n get updates. I have seen many leave this country via those group updates n rest.

D last time I even checked. One was even testifying how he entered Portugal via study visa, got there paid school fees for one year and dropped out from d school when he got a job. He only spent 800k from Nigeria here on flight n some miscellaneous only to get there n paid school fees n processed visa but some persons who are novice in this would v paid agent up to 2million just to get there n find out the so called visa is even on arrival.

Let's learn to leave facebook n Instagram to concentrate on sites where we get more knowledge than showing off with an empty brain
Hello Chief, I'll like to be added to the WhatsApp group pls. Should i send my number or there's a link you can send to me. Thank you.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Goldentulip2: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Biafrarep:
Traveling abroad now seems to be at the top of to-do list of many Nigerians, and from the look of things, it is going to spike next year and beyond considering the gloomy situation of Nigeria's economy.

This now brings to question, is it necessary to use the services of travel agents?

Does agents improve the chances of one getting getting visa against DIY?
When I'm talking about traveling abroad, I don't necessarily mean migration on a permanent basis but also traveling for tourism or temporary work that requires maybe weeks or up to 6 months to one year and return. To countries such as US, Canada, UK or others in Asia and Europe.

Why I'm curious is because I have heard some school of thought saying:

"why would you use agents when you can DIY?"

"Agents are not reliable, they would even scam you!" Etc.

For Nigerians that traveled abroad successfully, did you make use of agents or you did the process yourself?

Asking for myself and hundreds of thousands of other Nigerians cry

NO never used one

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Omini247: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Got to Travel section in nairaland and search the country you want to travel to follow up on the thread for 3weeks or a month and you will be enlightened on DIY or contact the moniker Justwise...or reach me on the phone number in my profile.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by kriss27(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Good afternoon, happy Sunday all!
You all should please go help me like my studio sessions video on this YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgJQ4m189nY search for the video where @officialrayne is tagged, that is me like the video and comment � 250k is at stake before December 12 thanks. God bless you all�
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by ObinnaValentine: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
Biafrarep:
Traveling abroad now seems to be at the top of to-do list of many Nigerians, and from the look of things, it is going to spike next year and beyond considering the gloomy situation of Nigeria's economy.

This now brings to question, is it necessary to use the services of travel agents?

When I'm talking about traveling abroad, I don't necessarily mean migration on a permanent basis but also traveling for tourism or temporary work that requires maybe weeks or up to 6 months to one year and return. To countries such as US, Canada, UK or others in Asia and Europe.

For Nigerians that traveled abroad successfully, did you make use of agents or you did the process yourself?

Using agents that are trustworthy is important but very rare to find..I understand your fear though,many have being scammed severally but there many others who used agents and it was successful

However though most of these successful ones didn't jes sit back,relax and watch it manifest without putting in work on their part

Let's make it work for you, my email is open..

Obodo oyibo here we come grin grin
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bigsteveg:

Hello Chief, I'll like to be added to the WhatsApp group pls. Should i send my number or there's a link you can send to me. Thank you.

U can send me a PM lemme get the link from the admin n send to u. I am not d admin neither am I travelling for now. Am just following up to apply for scholarships if necessary
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by wonder233: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Use an agent.
You may be genuine, but the visa system doesn't care about that. It is an impersonal automated process that needs to see certain requirements met for approval to be granted. These agents know exactly what those requirements are and have the templates that meet those requirements perfectly. It has little to do with you researching and adhering to what is on those countries visa websites. It is about meeting it the way they want you to meet it which isn't stated on their websites.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Bantu10: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
No, it is not.
Justwise advices members here day in day out.

Though there are some genuine ones amongst them, but they are hard to come across.

What has crop production u studied in ur primitive Benue state got to go with travels?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Saintsquare(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
Some Nigerians use agent cos they are too lazy to make research, read and acquire the necessary documentations.

I know loads of people that traveled without using any agents, as matter of fact, nairaland travel section has all the necessary info. If you don't have bank statement to show prove of fund, approach someone with financial capability to stand as sponsor, draft a sponsor's declaration and legalize it at the notary office.

That said, there are still some reliable travel agency out there, however the fees are quite expensive depending on the type of visa you require.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Oleka1: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
xscoffy:
Depending on the country you wanna enter. Most American and European country visas av specified processes on their country websites to follow just to be granted a visa.

Secondly, if ur going for study in an American or European country.... There r are many WhatsApp groups who drop scholarship and paid students visa processes. I am in one though I don't have need for that at this moment. Just follow up n get updates. I have seen many leave this country via those group updates n rest.

D last time I even checked. One was even testifying how he entered Portugal via study visa, got there paid school fees for one year and dropped out from d school when he got a job. He only spent 800k from Nigeria here on flight n some miscellaneous only to get there n paid school fees n processed visa but some persons who are novice in this would v paid agent up to 2million just to get there n find out the so called visa is even on arrival.

Let's learn to leave facebook n Instagram to concentrate on sites where we get more knowledge than showing off with an empty brain
Please how can I join such groups?
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by omoiyalayi(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
ednut1:
https://guardian.ng/sport/russia-to-deport-world-cup-migrants-from-nigeria-and-other-countries/
See agents at work

How agent go collect 18milion for my hand in the name of traveling abroad

Where I dey go

When den no banished me for naija

5 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by sunbreaker: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Biafrarep:

if your way is clean,you don't need agent for anything but let pass back door attitude of Nigerian make them look for agent.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oleka1:

Please how can I join such groups?

This is one of the admins. Message him

+
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by OB7Foreva(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
Share me link to the group brudda 08131210078
xscoffy:

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by seyz91(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
They prey on peoples desperation

@bolded, i like that part
ednut1:
many nigerians use agents because they don't qualify for the visas. Agents help to arrange documents( real and fake). Sometimes it works, sometimes the people get caught and banned. Agents in nigeria are usually not registered and are quacks ( over 90% of them). They prey on peoples desperation, they have deceived many into going to dead end countries where you cant work or get papers. Many of collected money and duped people.Agents to me need to be lynched. There are however some countries where you need them for work placements e.g arab countries. Since the agents are not registered you cant even disclose them on your application, they dont have any special quota in the embassy like many want to believe. DIY is the best way to go.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by coldsummer: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
I have always advised people who talk to me about visa to NEVER use agents especially in the USA, Canada, Europe. They will scam you!!!a
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Elinosweet143(f): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
Pls i wouldn't mind the link to joining the group
xscoffy:

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Kingstanding: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Biafrarep:

. No need of agent once you have all your necessary documents. Most of the people that are using agent don't have necessary documents, and the agent will mislead them or defraud them. My advice keep off from agent.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Ekpekus(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Short answer.... NO

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by SouthSultan(m): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
kingscare1:
Genuine ones yes.
Best way to travel is through school because it's very straightforward and with low hitches provided you carefully comply with each steps along the way.

Keep money for school fees sha and pile your account or do fate account piling for them to believe that you have money and will not be a burden to them when you come over. These will have them believe that you are just there to study at your own expense.

Good luck to everyone on a mission to Japa out of this messed up country, its worth it.

Hello boss, please that aspect of doing fake account piling for a prove of financial support, does it work?

Because I wrote a Finnish University on my eligibility for a Doctorate degree, which is tuition free, but one of the conditions that i can't meet at the moment is the high financial support I'd need. Enlighten me more sir.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
Elinosweet143:
Pls i wouldn't mind the link to joining the group

This is one of the admins of the WhatsApp group. Message him to add u up.

+2
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Godons1: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
KanoFirstSon:
So after causing mayhem and destroying South East, you now want to run away. You want to go join Ekpa to continue to set Southeast region on fire?
The fire u set for others will consume u also

grin grin

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Roon9(m): 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
xscoffy:

How can I join your group bro
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by temmytee2309: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
xscoffy:

Can u pls drop the link to the group?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Falls In Cross River, Residents Rush Out With Their Gallons. Photo / Nigeria’s In-bound Air Passenger Traffic Sustained On Ebola Containment / Enugu State Orphans Involve In Accident - All Alive (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.