Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,924 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:03 PM

Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn (10362 Views)

Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 / NNPC Refineries Generate Zero Revenue, Pay Workers ₦69 Billion / NNPC Spends N1bn Daily, Petrol Subsidy Hits N19.37/Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Abagworo(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
Logically we cannot force fuel to remain same price whereas every other commodity has trippled in price. Sardine that was 200 is now 600 while tomatoe that was 500 is now 1500 to 2500 depending on area. It is same with shoes, clothes, drinks and even pure water has quadripled from 5 Naira to 20 Naira but yet fuel must remain static. Let's deregulate once and for all so that no future government can give excuses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Lush100(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
Only this year, I have heard or read news from this same NNPC has defied logic.
Today they have made profit for the first time
Tomorrow they have made losses
Next tomorrow under receovery
The day after the next subsidy
After that refinery is undergoing turn around maintenance
Then you hear not one drip of oil has been refined.
Thereafter oil is discovered in sokoto,
Pls when will you guys start refining and selling crude oil which was the major purpose you were created.

Pathetic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by prophetfire: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
vanbonattel:

Oil theft. Replacing the NNPC board wasn't for nothing.

E get why.
. So set up be say Dem make money, chop am finish. Dem take biro write expenses sotey de money finish. So nothing to remit. God deyoooo.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
FarahAideed:

Stop lying !! Over 90 percent of Nigerian revenue is used to service Buharis loans

It's more like we are spending an increasing amount of money left over after we have serviced the loans on subsidy, which forces us to take more loans to make up the deficit. (Whatever we spend on debt servicing does not matter). We even got into debt in part because subsidy costs are rising.

Which is why Nigerians should have let your hero GEJ remove subsidy (I'm not joking here)...because by now we won't have had as much debt as we have now

I don't like Buhari myself, but in 2014 , oil prices crashed. Meanwhile, our breakeven oil price(the price at which oil has to be for us before we can earn enough revenue to fund a budget that is not loan dependent) has been rising from $122 in 2012, to $139 in 2017 and $133 now. Oil prices have never broken above $90 since 2014, thus taking loans becomes inevitable.

Which is why APC has failed...they came in with tales of how they would diversify the economy...with that supposedly in mind. Up till today, zero.

Same for your party PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by tollyboy5(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Subsidy needs to go.

I wish it can be remove before June sef
Lol which subsidy was removed b4?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Abagworo:
Logically we cannot force fuel to remain same price whereas every other commodity has trippled in price. Sardine that was 200 is now 600 while tomatoe that was 500 is now 1500 to 2500 depending on area. It is same with shoes, clothes, drinks and even pure water has quadripled from 5 Naira to 20 Naira but yet fuel must remain static. Let's deregulate once and for all so that no future government can give excuses.

EXACTLY.

Someone from Obasanjo's government used a similar type of explanaton in 2006, and Nigerians abused him, including folks like me. Now we see the sense.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by luizpippo(m): 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
What is the difference between APC & pdp, Which one does your father support? Just say we are criminals, Nigerians always looking for someone else to blame for their own culpability.

You are not worried that a president who claimed that anyone talking about subsidy is a criminal, because as far as he is concerned nothing like subsidy, then he got in and claimed it is called under recovery, but in his bid to carry out his fathom removal, he suddenly seem to call it subsidy on daily basis.

But you are more concerned about the father of someone you never voted for.

Kwantinue Rex

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by FarahAideed: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
backbencher:

It's more like we are spending an increasing amount of money left over after we have serviced the loans on subsidy, which forces us to take more loans to make up the deficit. (Whatever we spend on debt servicing does not matter). We even got into debt in part because subsidy costs are rising.

Which is why Nigerians should have let your hero GEJ remove subsidy (I'm not joking here)...because by now we won't have had as much debt as we have now

I don't like Buhari myself, but in 2014 , oil prices crashed. Meanwhile, our breakeven oil price(the price at which oil has to be for us before we can earn enough revenue to fund a budget that is not loan dependent) has been rising from $122 in 2012, to $139 in 2017 and $133 now. Oil prices have never broken above $90 since 2014, thus taking loans becomes inevitable.

Which is why APC has failed...they came in with tales of how they would diversify the economy...with that supposedly in mind. Up till today, zero.

Same for your party PDP.

But we Nigerians already allowed Buhari completely remove Subsidy twice and. He will come back and say he is still paying it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by luizpippo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
Faaavvv:
We found a lasting solution to the electricity blackouts.
With just #350 you can enjoy uninterrupted electricity.
Reach out to the contacts on the flier for more information.

Why do I have to rent and not buy outright?
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Germi9: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
vanbonattel:

E get why.
I was shocked to see northerners heading NNPC oh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by poiZon: 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Subsidy needs to go.

Make i tell u a story.. In our differnt houses if there is crisis in our finances, we cut down on some frivolous spendings. If we been dey drink beer like 3bottles, wefit cut am to 1bottle or ones in a week.
It shows we r doing something so we won't crash before our very eyes.

Cutting or removing subsidy isn't the problem, we have bigger problems at hand.
How many ministers did buhari travelled with to dubai for party?
10. Excluding his aides, ten ministers to dubai to do what exactly?
How much did buhari allocated for that VIP wing of asorock clinic?
So buhari was informed that oil funds aint forth coming he still pack 10ministers to dubai on a private jet, who does that?
Buhari wants us to cut the way we spend money but he isnt leading by example. You have femi adesina doing the same job garba shehu is doing, there is tolu ogunlesi doing the same thing bashir ahmed is doing..i don't even know the duties of that woman that after drinking kaikai she will come out and speak rubbish.
The cost of governance is damn much, we should look into that.
Those ministers and governors even directors in ministries won't be affected by fuel subsidy removal, they don't buy fuel. Their spendings for the year is budgetted and paid for by Nigerians. It is we that will bear the brunt of this.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by zionstaar75: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ofunaofu:
APC government and it collaborators in NNPC are really on overdrive.......Pushing it down our throats why subsidy must be removed

Suddenly, crude oil is not generating revenue because of subsidy all in bit to increase the current price of fuel thereby increasing the sufferings of the masses

If the government had channelled this same energy towards ensuring that our refineries are working by now nobody would be discussing subsidy because the so-called costs incurred while refining it outside wouldn't be there because we are refining locally.

did our refineries work in 16years of PDP??
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Brushstrokes20: 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
Another Satanic achievement of the useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!
OGUN KILL any brainless zombie that quotes me to spit trash undecided
Pathetic bunch of miserable miscreants angry
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Vireani79: 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn? Tomorrow we will hear some oblivious ignorant wailers saying Nigeria survives on Niger Delta Oil, what more proof do you need to debunk that myth?

Comprehension is truly a problem for u
What this means is u made 4naira and have a liability of 4naira
But no na Niger delta be ur problem
Oloshi
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
FarahAideed:

But we Nigerians already allowed Buhari completely remove Subsidy twice and. He will come back and say he is still paying it

Remove which subsidy?

That he was still controlling pump price?

If goverment is still setting the price instead of the marketer, subsidy still dey.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by FarahAideed: 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2021
backbencher:

Remove which subsidy?

That he was still controlling pump price?

If goverment is still setting the price instead of the marketer, subsidy still dey.

Govt is still going to set this price , just watch
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by ComeToJesus: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/nigeria-records-zero-revenue-from-oil-export-as-subsidy-hits-n199bn/amp/

Officially a failed state. That's doesn't stop the high profile profligacy currently going on under the fake 'holy holy' president.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Ovamboland(m): 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
Firerising:
sorry but I have to say this? many people are stupid to believe that subsidy has ever been Nigeria problem......
1. How do u make profit when u import your own products finished product and export only the raw material?
2. Why can't we as a country refine our product and create market for our product.
3.lets assume we remove subsidy cost of living will increase and labour will go on strike, lecturers, doctors and civil servant all will clamour increase in salary then we go and borrow more money to increase salary then we decrease the value of our money.
4.It boils down that we are going circles. now let me ask...at some point fuel was sold for 65naira and then Goodluck wanted to remove subsidy and then it was said that fuel could get up to 145naira we did riot and it was not done instead some part of the subsidy was removed the it was sold 88naira. Buhari entered and it rose 165naira what exactly caused the increase in price...was it not the same subsidy was removed? if not tell me what was removed that made the fuel price to go up to 165naira.

Don't let anyone fool u my fellow Nigerians we r always going circles...we know the truth let's face it

1. We keep using a larger part of our oil earnings to pay for subsidy. A point will be reached with our growing population, number of cars and generators, that our earning from crude sale will equal subsidy or be less. Then we will need to borrow to keep subsidy.
2. Incompetence, mediocrity, poor business model and corruption all combined to make local refining fail. Saudi Aramco, AdNoc, Etihad, Emirates are all thriving govt owned business because the use necessary talent and good model to run.
3. Cost of living will surely go up, wages will also increase. Things will rebalance as time goes on. No matter how hard you try you can't find staff on 3k monthly salary anywhere in Nigeria.
4. Price of fuel can't remain the same since we all know the price of the raw material is always changing. No matter who is president if there is no subsidy price of fuel can't remain the same for so long. Surely cant be 88 naira as crude oil is already over 150 naira a liter before you factor in the cost of a $15bn refinery like that of Dangote and what it will cost to operate and maintain, do TAM etc
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by ComeToJesus: 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2021
author=poiZon post=108261860]
Make i tell u a story.. In our differnt houses if there is crisis in our finances, we cut down on some frivolous spendings. If we been dey drink beer like 3bottles, wefit cut am to 1bottle or ones in a week.

So buhari was informed that oil funds aint forth coming he still pack 10ministers to dubai on a private jet, who does that?
Buhari wants us to cut the way we spend money but he isnt leading by example. You have femi adesina doing the same job garba shehu is doing, there is tolu ogunlesi doing the same thing bashir ahmed is doing..i don't even know the duties of that woman that after drinking kaikai she will come out and speak rubbish.
Those ministers and governors even directors in ministries won't be affected by fuel subsidy removal, they don't buy fuel. Their spendings for the year is budgetted and paid for by Nigerians. It is we that will bear the brunt of this. [/quote]

Well thought. Well spoken.

The hypocrisy is alarming. Having five sycophants on payroll doing the same job is a testimony of the lack of restraint in frittering the resources of our dear nation.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Ovamboland(m): 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
uchdavinci:
I have a question to ask abeg... can't all these subsidy money build us new refineries. What is the cost of building a new one self that naija as a nation can't afford?

Check what it is costing Dangote a private investor to build a refinery, over $15bn.

If you think it is easy do a project worth 60-70% of your annual income and tell us how easy it is to continue your lifestyle, pay rent, school fees, debt repayment, other commitments eyc
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by CSTRR: 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ovamboland:

OPEC quota, dundee
Not necessarily OPEC.

Libya has recently overtaken Nigeria as the largest producer of oil in Africa.

It has nothing to do with OPEC.

Nigeria is just badly run even compared to Libya.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Ofunaofu: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2021
zionstaar75:
did our refineries work in 16years of PDP??
So because it didn't work we should continue on that trajectory
Why was APC voted in, is it not to correct this anomaly
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by chloride6: 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
This is nonsense...

Why is the NNPC paying subsidy from FAAC?
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
FarahAideed:

Govt is still going to set this price , just watch

If they are, then there is still a subsidy, and they haven't removed it

If they aren't, and prices differ from place to place, then there is no subsidy.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by nedekid: 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Subsidy needs to go.

When they remove it, in another 6 months they will tell you cost of importation is 600 and they are paying 200 subsidy. That it has to be removed and fuel should be 800 per liter.
It reminds me of that felas song of a man that was saving to buy radio.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by RolexOfGeneva(m): 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn? Tomorrow we will hear some oblivious ignorant wailers saying Nigeria survives on Niger Delta Oil, what more proof do you need to debunk that myth?
You must be a very foolish person to believe this lie. Asides crude oil, Nigeria produces and exports nothing, that is why our Naira gets weaker by the day- because of our overdependence on crude oil.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Vistra40: 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Subsidy needs to go.

Perhaps you want the APC to witness a catastrophic loss in the next elections
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by nedekid: 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2021
poiZon:

Those ministers and governors even directors in ministries won't be affected by fuel subsidy removal, they don't buy fuel. Their spendings for the year is budgetted and paid for by Nigerians. It is we that will bear the brunt of this.
Well said.
The same analogy applies to the accumulation of loans by this regime. Instead of cutting cost, you take the easy way out, swallowing loans!
As parents from the east will tell their overspending kids those days, "don't be like Hausa that will eat all today and say allah will provide for tomorrow"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by tctrills: 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
Rexwalters1:
What is the difference between APC & pdp, Which one does your father support? Just say we are criminals, Nigerians always looking for someone else to blame for their own culpability.
The way you boys mention people's fathers is a poor reflection of upbringing.
Can't you make your point if you have any instead of talking about his father?
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Zero revenues from oil export, the oil they hope to pay back loans with

A country gone to dogs
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by SeaTrade(m): 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
vanbonattel:

E get why.
So you think bunkerers steal 600,000bpd?
I'm just going to assume you were being sarcastic.
Re: Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn by Ovamboland(m): 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
FarahAideed:

Stop lying !! Over 90 percent of Nigerian revenue is used to service Buharis loans

Who is servicing the $63bn debt Jonathan handed over in 2015?
You people are not smart at all, just making noise to disturb the peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore: Afenifere Team A And Team B Cannot Decide Who Yorubas Will Vote / We Are Getting Overwhelmed By Bandits - Bala Mohammed, Bauchi Gov. Cries Out / Buhari ‘ll Not Require Ministers To Publicly Declare Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.