Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? (21552 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Subsidy Removal: Taraba Civil Servants Sell Off Cars / The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Gaddafi1: 5:02am On Dec 06, 2021
Obviously fuel subsidy will be removed in 2022 and PMS is expected to be sold at N350 per litter. Nairalanders, how do you plan to cope with this increase considering the fact that income is not going up.
On my side, I had to take a painful decision of trading off my beloved 6 cylinder engine Sienna and got a corolla which consumes less fuel. I can't come and go and kii myself. undecided

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by 735i(m): 7:51am On Dec 06, 2021
No government will remove subsidy less than one year to elections.
APC knows they will lose if they try it because the hardship that will come with it will make people ask them to leave even before 2023.
Forget subsidy removal next year.

252 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
Gaddafi1:
Obviously fuel subsidy will be removed in 2022 and PMS is expected to be sold at N350 per litter. Nairalanders, how do you plan to cope with this increase considering the fact that income is not going up.
On my side, I had to take a painful decision of trading off my beloved 6 cylinder engine Sienna and got a corolla which consumes less fuel. I can't come and go and kii myself. undecided
DO not deceive yourself, Subsidy can never be removed! Ask yourself what country of the world can you import fuel from for less than N400

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Gaddafi1: 10:19am On Dec 07, 2021
erico2k2:

DO not deceive yourself, Subsidy can never be removed! Ask yourself what country of the world can you import fuel from for less than N400

We don't have subsidy in 2022 budget so its illegal for government to continue subsidizing the product. Better to prepare for the worse situation. Who ever thought that the price of fuel will increase to N165/liter.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 11:00am On Dec 07, 2021
Gaddafi1:

We don't have subsidy in 2022 budget so its illegal for government to continue subsidizing the product. Better to prepare for the worse situation. Who ever thought that the price of fuel will increase to N165/liter.
They will still subsidise it, do not kid yourself, if not petrol will sell above N500.Ask yourself this simple question, where or what country of the world can you land petrol from for N400/ltre. there goes your answer.

4 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Gaddafi1: 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2021
erico2k2:

They will still subsidise it, do not kid yourself, if not petrol will sell above N500.Ask yourself this simple question, where or what country of the world can you land petrol from for N400/litre. there goes your answer.

Let's bookmark this page and see what happens next year, it is not far again. Then we can talk. grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by babyboy4every1: 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Gaddafi1:

You get brain. I don't know why some people like to deceive themselves. It's 100/sure there is no subsidy in 2022 budget, still they still insist no government can increase fuel price cos of election. You think those in government get brain as you. You better prepare for the worst or ready to fight it.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by babyboy4every1: 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
Erico, you're thinking like a sane man, but those people in power are insane. I doubt if they truly attended schools.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Alba3: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
.... thinking of learning to specially ring or rebuild Toyota Corolla engine. Many people will continue to patronise this vehicle as fuel price goes up. At the rate Tokunbo Corolla engine sellers are jacking up their prices compared with other engines, people will start going for good mechanics that ring/rebuild engine with original piston rings and valve seals; after all, this is popular in developed countries.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by skywalker240(m): 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Get ready to buy naija used 2004 corolla for 5.8million. grin

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Elsueno: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
erico2k2:

They will still subsidise it, do not kid yourself, if not petrol will sell above N500.Ask yourself this simple question, where or what country of the world can you land petrol from for N400/ltre. there goes your answer.
I see some of us here do not know Buhari yet...The man is extremely stubborn...He go remove that subsidy & then jet to London for vacation till we all adapt grin

72 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Gaddafi1: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
Elsueno:

I see some of us here do not know Buhari yet...The man is extremely stubborn...He go remove that subsidy & then jet to London for vacation till we all adapt grin
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Gaddafi1: 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
Alba3:
.... thinking of learning to specially ring or rebuild Toyota Corolla engine. Many people will continue to patronise this vehicle as fuel price goes up. At the rate Tokunbo Corolla engine sellers are jacking up their prices compared with other engines, people will start going for good mechanics that ring/rebuild engine with original piston rings and valve seals; after all, this is popular in developed countries.

Recently, not sure I have seen any mechanic that does that, most prefer to change the engine. Like you said with the rising cost of an engine, some will make a trial. Necessity they say is the...

9 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by alphaNomega: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
Gaddafi1:
Your income will go up by force, do not worry yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by erico2k2(m): 9:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Elsueno:

He cant

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Mko123(m): 5:19am On Dec 09, 2021
When the going get tough, the tough reciprocate back. Let him do his worse so that we can know that he ended with the way he started

11 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by RichDad1(m): 5:20am On Dec 09, 2021
There’s not going to be subsidy removal but Petrol price increments.
Quote me anywhere.
cool cool

18 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by chrisxxx(m): 5:21am On Dec 09, 2021
There is no subsidy anywhere....Buhari 2012

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by RichDad1(m): 5:21am On Dec 09, 2021
erico2k2:

You know what’s up.

1 Like

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Military0001: 5:22am On Dec 09, 2021
Bubu sha!!! He really came to bestow hardship on Nigerians, however, Oluwa no go disappoint sha bcux whether Bubu likes or not I go dey enjoy dey go.

12 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Antoeni(m): 5:22am On Dec 09, 2021
We are very Prepared,
Once FG Announces the Removal, We Shutdown the Nation with a Massive Protect Nationwide

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by awa(m): 5:23am On Dec 09, 2021
There is no need for this post. The OP might be working for the APC led Regime to sample opinions. Let 2022 come and let them remove the Subsidy since Dangote will start working. When you tell people how inconsiderate this regime has been, they will call you Wailer

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:23am On Dec 09, 2021
How do you trust a government that keeps removing subsidy since it inception undecided

Or that tells you that crude oil is no longer in vogue but still made it their major source of revenue

I am yet to see what the masses have benefited from this Buhari's regime!

27 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by anytexy: 5:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Nothing to be sceptical about. After all they will be paying us 10k allowance monthly. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Tovard(m): 5:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Like someone said that no sane government would think of removing subsidy but I have these to say here.

1. No small or medium scale business that'll strives

2. There willl be no foreign investors because the citizens wouldn't patronize or buy.

3. Crime rates will increase.

4. Insecurity and sabotage will be a norm and it would be survival for the fittest.

5. There won't be inventory among intellects.

6. More medical professionals will japa

7. Kenya and Zimbabwe would be a best alternative for the youths to run to.

I hope the special advisers to these people in power will inform their principals the effects and impacts of this decision of removing subsidies on Nigerians and Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by oluwaseaun(m): 5:25am On Dec 09, 2021
Well it's simple. Get yourself a Toyota Corolla or Toyota Camry (pencil light) and for your home, get a solar inverter system.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by taylormed2(m): 5:25am On Dec 09, 2021
erico2k2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
The list goes on. Price of fuel in Nigeria is amongst the cheapest in the world rn.

7 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Brunosamel(m): 5:32am On Dec 09, 2021
Remove gini unless APC want to loose the election come 2023, roughly 15 months the government go japa

4 Likes

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by LordGuru1: 5:33am On Dec 09, 2021
The CORONAtion and Enthronement of AntiChrist is already being Concluded. Prepare for Rapture! Don't be like the Foolish Virgins, fill your Lamp with Oil of Santification and Consecration of Holiness through Prayer and Fasting.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are Preparing For Subsidy Removal? by Queenslander(f): 5:35am On Dec 09, 2021
taylormed2:

America
Finland
Israel
Denmark
Norway
Italy
France
Hong Kong
The list goes on. Price of fuel in Nigeria is amongst the cheapest in the world rn.
What a dipstick!

What's Nigeria's minimum wage compared to those other countries you listed? Mad man, like someone said up there, these fools are paid agents looking to sample opinions online,. In anticipation for next year.. lunatics!!

93 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Tips To Prevent Snakes From Entering Your Car / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.