Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) (29396 Views)

2 Undergraduates Of Ambrose Alli University Killed In Edo Cult Clash (Photos) / 30 Students Of Ambrose Alli University Took Exams, Graduated While Living Abroad / The Cake Made For An English Graduate Of Ambrose Alli University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by PrimeWatermark: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2021
Santifiedboo:

They were not prepared?

students on extension not prepared to write a course they already failed the first and second time respectively?

Okay. They were prepared.
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by mcmukoko12(m): 11:46am On Dec 07, 2021
Failure to block grin
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Vipro(m): 11:47am On Dec 07, 2021
Afriqan:

Business education is a good course, you won't be restricted to the educational sector if you do an MBA upon graduation, but you are basically trained to be an educator/teacher in the field of business studies so that's the default orientation...
Thanks a lot bro.In the labour market,am I on the same page with someone who studied the administration aspect(B.A)?
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Psychedelia(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2021
Jesus.
I see ECO402 there, so that's a final year course. And since that's an even number at the last digit, it means it's a second semester course.

So, wait, as dem don fail am, na so dem take get extra year, shey? shocked

Bonkers!
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Psychedelia(m): 11:53am On Dec 07, 2021
tillaman:
All I see is a failed lecturer, Naija students for uptown dey do well, even the ones that lecturers in Naija varsity declared dumb are geniuses in Uptown

True
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 07, 2021
Vipro:
Thanks a lot bro.In the labour market,am I on the same page with someone who studied the administration aspect(B.A)?

Not exactly, but most of the time, employers are just looking for brilliant people man. Do the BSc. Ed. You have an advantage in the field of education, you may even fall in love with it once you start. You can start making money by teaching in private schools before you graduate. There are millions to be made in Edu.

Like I said earlier, doing an MBA is the final crossover point, no questions asked, you will have a dual advantage if you can do an MBA afterwards, since that's what you are after.
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by edoairways: 11:58am On Dec 07, 2021
othermen:
In a sane institution, it’s the lecturer that is a failure. A failure at conveying the needed knowledge. The students obviously did very well in their CA and so, are competent.
The continuous assessment was prorated by that sadist of a lecturer.
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by edoairways: 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
tunize:
Lets all be sincere with ourselves here, lecturers themselves are not good agreed not all some of them but you see students are worse some of them.
Is[b] it the guys that goes about chasing illegal money, smoking, jumping from one club or the girls that jump from one guy to the other, club, car to another which time Dem wan use read book?[/b]

Nigeria has so many Transactional graduates you here them shouting no work but in truth many nor know anything.
Let's tell ourselves the truth for once, that lecturer is a disappointment, he should be sacked with a immediate effect. Haven't you wonder why those attributes you mentioned still perform better abroad @ the bolded text?
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Agbeboaye: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
AAU never still change?
Okosodo, eco police and their co una never still change? When una go dey receive beating nah dem go say students nor good ooo
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Vipro(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
Afriqan:

Not exactly, but most of the time, employers are just looking for brilliant people man. Do the BSc. Ed. You have an advantage in the field of education, you may even fall in love with it once you start. You can start making money by teaching in private schools before you graduate. There are millions to be made in Edu.

Like I said earlier, doing an MBA is the final crossover point, no questions asked, you will have a dual advantage if you can do an MBA afterwards, since that's what you are after.
Thanks a lot bro,i really appreciate,God bless.

I have the intention of becoming a Business adviser/counsellor later on in the future and to also diversify into full time Business.That was what prompt me to ask if the degree fits.Thanks.
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2021
Vipro:
Thanks a lot bro,i really appreciate,God bless.

I have the intention of becoming a Business adviser/counsellor later on in the future and to also diversify into full time Business.That was what prompt me to ask if the degree fits.Thanks.

Good. It's a very good path, toe it. Godspeed. wink

1 Like

Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2021
These guys didnt sort the lecturer.
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Santifiedboo: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Psychedelia:
Jesus.
I see ECO402 there, so that's a final year course. And since that's an even number at the last digit, it means it's a second semester course.

So, wait, as dem don fail am, na so dem take get extra year, shey? shocked

Bonkers!

first semester

they were already oN extension
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Santifiedboo: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Agbeboaye:
AAU never still change?
Okosodo, eco police and their co una never still change? When una go dey receive beating nah dem go say students nor good ooo

eco police My guy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Albertone(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Chummynoni:
Why would economics be under faculty of social science? Everything is wrong about this school/result.

So it should be where?
Mr,economics is a social science course.
You go school at all?
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Albertone(m): 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
PrimeWatermark:
Olodo ni OP. This result is for Guidance and Counselling Department (GAC) and they're all extra year students if you check their Matric. Numbers very well. They failed this particular course (ECO 402) cos they were not prepared.

It was obvious the Lecturer dashed them marks in the CA, at least to increase their chances of passing. Most extra year students don't have time to attend lectures.

Lecturers are bad, but let's be telling ourselves the truth sometimes.

Why will a GAC student be offering an economics course of 400 level?
They don't even need ecn in their 200lvl let alone 400lvl.
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by saintol(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
Why Female come plenty for the list na? Chai chai
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by UnabashedIPOB: 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
WOW! So, that means all the students in that Department flunked that exam. The educational system is now churning out graduates who lack the capacity to think and reason both critically and analytically. I am NOT surprised although shocked judging by some of the comments I read on this platform from a bunch of nitwits expressing their views on a range of issues concerning the country. And you wonder why the country is going to HELL in a handbasket. These are some of the individuals that would be in positions in the government that would be responsible to making policies that affect the country. LIEGERIA is dead and needs to be buried!
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by ddeola: 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
Crazy lecturer wey no sabi teach
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Coolgent(m): 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Coolgent(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
Santifiedboo:
Saw this on twitter
https://twitter.com/SAntIFied__/status/1467818379616653314?s=20

Something is fishy here...
Compare their CA and exam results,
You can't scored 25 on CA and failed to score just 10 during exam
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by snoopz: 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
A for God B. For him C. For the best student lecturer in live display

But generally naija Universities dey sick and I don't blame people traveling out for greener pasture

Over 90% if not 95% of us failed a particular faculty course in unilorin faculty of education, come see the day of the carry over examination, cbt full that day like mad even scholara chop am, to cut it short, faculty big guns noticed the mass failure, changed the lecturer before the resit and boom majority got A and B
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Litmus: 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
senteugene:
Nigerian lecturers always believing they are the owner of destiny.. Rubbish

And ordinary Nigerians always believing that they have no personal responsibility - the lecturers, police, soldiers, politicians, companies, road safety officials, teachers, nursers, doctors etc are always wrong and know-nothings but ordinary Nigerians know it all and are never wrong even when they are trying to make yams turn back into children next to the dead body of the wizard they just killed.
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Dminister(m): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2021
Just look at the results, Is this not wickedness? Extension students still having another extension. Keep paying school fees for the same course for two years after graduation. wickedness!
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Hkff: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
Really
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by fizzycozy(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
Na wa. Nigerian schools are a waste of time honestly. Na to hustle hard send our kids abroad o. e no dey like say dem wan repair naija in the next 1000 years.
cleish:

Something like victimization... those students are on extension...

There’s a lecturer back then in that economics department... once you fail his 100level course ehn, just wait till final year to seat for it again.. because he will intentionally fail that person in second & third year respectively....

Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by thundafire: 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
Santifiedboo:
Saw this on twitter
https://twitter.com/SAntIFied__/status/1467818379616653314?s=20
geology unical this na normal results for there
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by OluwatosinM(m): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2021
Kkshanana90:

Nah! Advanced Macroeconomics, and Macroeconomics in general is one of the most fun courses in an Economics programme. I think you meant Econometrics! Many Economics students would consider Econometrics as the most difficult. But then, curriculum differs from school to school. Even at that, many would still consider Econometrics as a nightmare.

if I may ask, which school are You/did You graduate from ?
Eco 303, Eco 401 and Eco 402
make I no talk sha
but, just like You said, school differs
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by OluwatosinM(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2021
Santifiedboo:

first semester

they were already oN extension

rest
Eco 402 nah second semester
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by godofuck231: 12:06am On Dec 08, 2021
Add all the Fs and yoj will get the lecturers own result he should be sacked
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Santifiedboo: 12:56am On Dec 08, 2021
OluwatosinM:

rest
Eco 402 nah second semester

rest

in AAU its first semester 2nd semesters has 1 at the middle
Re: Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) by Santifiedboo: 12:56am On Dec 08, 2021
Coolgent:

Something is fishy here...
Compare their CA and exam results,
You can't scored 25 on CA and failed to score just 10 during exam

free CA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Emerged Best UTME Candidate With 360 Score - Umeh Nkechinyere / I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! / May/june 2007/2008 Waec Result Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.