Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,108 members, 7,832,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Chicago-area Man Returns Bag With $17k In Cash - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chicago-area Man Returns Bag With $17k In Cash (649 Views)

Nude Woman Boards Chicago Train, Slaps Passengers & Announces She's A Goddess .. / Girl Who Performed At Obama's Inauguration Shot Dead In Chicago / Saudi Princess Robbed Of $16m (£10m) In Cash And Jewellery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicago-area Man Returns Bag With $17k In Cash by tata190: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
Robert Adams craved an ice-cold drink after finishing his shift on a sweltering workday, but not having enough money to buy the burrito he also wanted left him with two obvious choices: Stop at the ATM, or find a bag containing more than $17,000 in cash.

"I wanted to get a large horchata, which is almost like a rice or coconut milk," Adams told the Daily Herald (Arlington Heights) for a story published Wednesday. "I would have grabbed a chorizo burrito, too, but I didn't have enough money."

That changed Monday when the Chicago-area man stood at a Chase ATM in Rolling Meadows, looked down and discovered on the sidewalk near a newspaper box a clear plastic bag containing receipts, checks and $17,021 in cash — mostly $20 and $100 bills bound by a rubber band.

to be continue,
Re: Chicago-area Man Returns Bag With $17k In Cash by tata190: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2011
"I see this plastic bag. It's clear plastic and it's half full of money," Adams said. "I figure this is a joke. Somebody took some napkins and made it look like money. This has to be a setup. People are going to look at me and start laughing."

Adams said he never had the urge to keep any of the money.

"It's not my money. I shouldn't take it. I don't care if you put another zero on there, I wasn't raised to take money that isn't mine," said Adams, a 54-year-old single man who lives in Arlington Heights and credits his deceased parents for teaching him right from wrong. "If I saw you drop it, I'd say, `Excuse me, sir. I think you dropped something.'
Re: Chicago-area Man Returns Bag With $17k In Cash by MMM2(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
jew man

(1) (Reply)

My United Nations Poetry For Peace: Hope U Would Like It! / Who Killed Ambassador Stevens? / Schoolboy Dies After Being Beaten Up By Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.