Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help (20219 Views)

Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu / How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by DrChukki: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2021
tayooluwole:

Baba where in kajola did you serve and what year

I served in School of Science Okeho, NCCF uncle 2018 Batch A.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Elidrisy20: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2021
If na boys school, you better leave, but if na girls school you go like the place well ,well
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by IzzyAgu: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2021
BafanaBafana:
Clean the bathroom, get bedsheets for your bed, introduce cleanliness and civilization to the community.
Do they farm there? You can go into massive farming. Farmers are making it big time. Do they have football viewing centre there? Do they have enough machinery for milling grains?
When a Chinese man leaves China (city) to Nigeria (village) he introduces the civilisation that wasn't there before and makes it big time.
Fatbam003 this is the best suggestion yet
I guess this will lead you to a Very Comfortable Life in Saki

Hope to hear your Positive Testimony soon...

Just know that God owns you.
Work your way out of Negativity
Every Gold was once ugly until Final Processing was done, no fear you be man.

I hope your phone can access NL there? If yes, then good fit.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by airsaylongcome: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2021
sageb:

Na Eruwa ooooo
Eruwa is developing gradually due to the presence of the Ibarapa polytechnic.
Igboora? That is the headquater of twin children, let him go there if he needs twins.
I am from the south south zone but I enjoyed my stay there.
Asiwaju ni wa

I'm south south too but lived in that axis for a while. Eruwa developing? Eruwa has been like that since I first went there in 1986 as a child
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by snoopz: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
Na mumu dey do NYSC grin

Naa Ghost dey reign
Where did you see nysc?
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by staga: 11:26am On Dec 08, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I'm south south too but lived in that axis for a while. Eruwa developing? Eruwa has been like that since I first went there in 1986 as a child

What of that their club Femo Scorpions?
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by tayooluwole: 11:28am On Dec 08, 2021
DrChukki:

I served in School of Science Okeho, NCCF uncle 2018 Batch A.

Oyah nah baba,,,a bit far apart, mine was Ilero 2012

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by airsaylongcome: 11:35am On Dec 08, 2021
staga:

What of that their club Femo Scorpions?

Oh, they now have a club? Then you are right o. They are developing then. They just had one brothel in some outskirts part of the town
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Langu: 11:38am On Dec 08, 2021
Stay there, teach the student and use ur spare time to start farming business. If na me de this remote village, i swear i go farm pass the villagers self, Your students will assist u if u are a nice person.

Try this and thank ur star later...if live give u pepper, bro make pepper soup
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Langu: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2021
Stay there and start farming business
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by blaquebelle: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2021
Look on the positive side. And if possible you can try to renovate the place when you have saved up a little
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by fineboynl(m): 11:47am On Dec 08, 2021
The best thing to do is to look for teachers from that same village.

It's not right sending someone from the cities to go there. Otherwise the pay should be a bit higher than the teachers in the cities because of the discomfort and adventures.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Athemisia: 11:47am On Dec 08, 2021
Richy4:
U Said that they needed school teachers... Yet U don't want to teach those kids...

Haba!! Please have mercy on innocent children whose fault was that they were not born in a civilized society...

Even if it's 11months, please stay there and tell them what the real world looked like...relocate there and visit your family every weekend or fortnightly... God bless you as u considers this option wink
You are wicked angry
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by shaklisco(m): 11:47am On Dec 08, 2021
sageb:

Saki East or Saki West?
I opine that you should try and see if the TESCOM can transfer you to Ibarapa East or Oyo Town.
That will be better than Saki
ibarapa east that is my town
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Richy4(m): 11:53am On Dec 08, 2021
Athemisia:

You are wicked angry

Wow!!! I have been accused of so many things but wicked has never been on that list..So wetin I do? cheesy
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Pimine: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2021
DrChukki:
I remember my NYSC days in Kajola LGA Oyo state...

... Anyways, Op, as they used to say, "the reward of the teacher is in heaven"...

... No matter how much we try to deny this fact, it keeps proving itself.
Aswearugaaad

Which heaven? If you no come make heaven nkọ? Them go transfer the reward go hell? grin
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by shaklisco(m): 11:55am On Dec 08, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Is that Eruwa or Igboora?
Eruwa
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Albertone(m): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
JavaScript90:
Op you said it yourself. The village is in need of teachers. This is a sacrifice you must make. You should have the heart of a teacher and put the interest of your students first

Why did you skip the part where there is poor electricity, network e.t.c?
How will he transfer money to his loved ones,how will he make calls,how will he write lesson note when he gets home(with candle?),if his phones dies how will he charge?

These same students will be unserious and be fighting in interschool clashes.They won't do assignments nor write note in class.Yet,if they fail,the teacher will be blamed for not teaching well.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by ModelLook(m): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Reminds me of my NYSC Year. This time 2017. I was posted to a village at Owode, Ogun state.
Penpe Elekute is the name of the village.

Omo, I prayed and God worked his miracles for me and I was removed from there and posted Ilaro in the same Ogun state.

Best living Conditions for me. That was where I stayed to teach and finished my NYSC ending of 2018.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Ayo081(m): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
It is well undecided
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by candidbabe(f): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
ipobarethieves:
grin Obey the clarion call. cool. Nigeria is ours Nigeria we serve.U go even enjoy life in dat village than town/city.If u are good, nah free food farmers/their pikin go dey bring .Stay there. Paint the room, buy Tiger gen, tv and u are good cool

This is the truth!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Junnior: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
Op, fatbam003

Please don't mind all these clowns saying your reward is in heaven. Your safety is paramount.

Like someone already said, it's not worth it.

Stay safe
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by AgricMaster: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.

bros
if you like Agri like me
you go blow

just start with plantation farming you can target 1000.
goat farming
local chicken get 10 hen and do synchronize hatching in less than 2month you go get 100 chicken. then RnD repeat and duplicate before 1 year you go don get close to 1000.
be doing your teaching work while you do the above.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by chinchonglee(m): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2021
DeusMagnus:
Make hay while the sun shine
What does making hay while the sunshine have to do with this topic

You pple will jst want to feel wise and be posting trash.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
Your job is to develop the area, not to whine like a brat.
I trust some restless natives (bushmeat) have been assigned to look after you.

Enjoy your stay in Saki, dont impregnate any teenager there.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by DeusMagnus: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
chinchonglee:

What does making hay while the sunshine have to do with this topic

You pple will jst want to feel wise and be posting trash.
he should get out of that dungeon hole and do what his mates are doing. I know you will still ask me what his mates are doing. Dindinrin
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by TheGift: 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2021
Silvernus2020:
My brother you are there to teach, just do what you can and go back home safe and sound, don't kill yourself, please, stay safe, when you don't feel like going to the school, just stay at home, even if it's up to a week, Teaching no be SHELL work, no Carry the thing for head.

Peace

Teaching should be done by those who carry it on their head. To be a good teacher is a sacrifice. That’s why it is said that their reward is in heaven.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by chinchonglee(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
DeusMagnus:
he should get out of that dungeon hole and do what his mates are doing. I know you will still ask me what his mates are doing. Dindinrin
Mugu... Person get govt job, you still dey tell am to make hay while the sunshine.

Which of the Afonja gods did your father sacrificed your brain to

Sango, Oduduwa or Orumila?
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by sageb: 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
shaklisco:
ibarapa east that is my town

Which community?
My students at Obaseeku GS liked me that year
Asiwaju ni wa
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Sheriman(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hier:
Yorubas will say, gba kamu, I could remember being posted to a village then in Kebbi. NYSC, I have to trek to the outskirt of the village before I can browse, I just accepted it like that and the fact there were people like me there gave me comfort. At evenings, there was an igbo man that we go to to charge our phones and I would keep calling customer care about the network there, most later, the network improved though, it was those who came after us that shared the testimony, light too was bad, cause some poles fell. That was it oooo. Just follow your mind sha. If you want to stay stay, if na to stay plus processing transfer, good, my own is that, do not leave a job when you know another is not waiting for you. Plus, low cost of living and you get to safe, anytime the pressure is getting much, just come to Saki and take fresh breeze. At least, to keep mind and spirit together. Saki is a more lively place, you can spend weeknds in Saki, you can b lucky enough to see free transport or say its lift they call it. Just enjoy your self, then you can plan to save and yea, gradually, you be using your savings to gather something pending when transfer ma bosi
Not NYSC sir
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Babastrong(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
[quote author=Firstorderwizard post=108298272]Beware of skull miners[lols]
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Blackdisciple(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
I hope it's not were bandits do access Sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme / Ayo Adekunle Ajala's Father Challenges Suicide Theory In His Death In Kebbi / South African Law Graduate & His Great Grandmum Who Sponsored His Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.