Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,993 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Ini Edo Plans To Build New School For Less Privileged Kids - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ini Edo Plans To Build New School For Less Privileged Kids (653 Views)

Top 10 New School Artistes Whose Song Gave Them Fame In 2015 / Ini Edo And Mike Godson Are Dating (Photos) / Ghanaian Actor, John Dumelo To Build New School In Rural Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ini Edo Plans To Build New School For Less Privileged Kids by tpsolomons: 1:24am On Jun 12, 2011
A host of Nollywood stars have recently been appointed as United Nations Habitat Envoys. One of them, Ini Edo has already hit the ground rolling in her new portfolio with plans to build a new school at Dustbin Estate in Ajegunle, Nigeria. Citing reasons for her immediate action, Ini Edo highlighted the regrettable plight of people currently living in the estate.

“The living condition in this place is bad enough but the schools there are worse; I had to climb into a class through the window. The classrooms are tattered, there are no toilets, blackboard or good seats; more so, what would you make of a school where children pay N20 per day as school fees. I never thought a place like that exists in Nigeria; this should not be encouraged to continue. Every Nigerian child has a right to quality education wherever the child lives in. For me the way forward for children in the Dustbin Estate is quality education; a person who is educated is empowered with a choice to a better life, so I am going to do all within my power to ensure that children in the Dustbin Estate have a quality school to themselves,” she stated.

Read Full News Here:
http://www.yollaronline.com/2011/06/ini-edo-plans-to-build-new-school-for.html

(1) (Reply)

Jackie Appiah Talks About Her Most Challenging Movie Yet / Study Abroad / 50 Cent And Goldie On Date: Pic Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.