Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! (7860 Views)

Is It Your Passion Or You Are Doing This To Just Make A Living? / How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by floss(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
You no wise?.... even Buhari will be angry with you if he hears you are following your talent....
That's what made many of us come from a poor home...ask Adelekes, ask Dangote, ask Adenugas , ask Tinubu, ask our polithiefcians.

No let anyone decieve you ooo... table don turn upside down now, follow the bag....at least it will get you closer to your dream....no be who don chop knows say him get talent?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by tobito33(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Guy if Na Naija u dey follow the bag cos u fit study computer science make u take politics receive the bags. Op use your head abeg who get that guy pics with two fingers pointing towards the brain?�
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by kayo80(m): 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow the bag... I repeat, follow the bag.

Some times I wish I had lived a normal life, gotten a regular job, and started a family early and lived a normal life. I have spent bulk of my adult life chasing my dreams, and although I have gotten accolades from it, I am still like the starving artist... I haven't reached the point where I feel I make enough to compensate me for all the time, blood, sweat, and tears I put into my craft of writing.

Even if I blow up tomorrow, I can't get my youth back, so some times I wonder if it wouldn't have been better if I killed my passion for writing and just chased the bag. Honestly, in this our Nigeria of today, I won't advise anyone to chase passion (except maybe you want to do popular Afro Beats music), just chase the bag and live a good life... Take vacations, build a family, and be respected... No one respects a man/woman without money.

6 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by tomzyELNINO: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
If you want wealth and satisfaction, follow your passion, but it might take a long time before you reach the level of comfortability & wealth.

But if you want to be comfortable, but not necessarily satisfied, follow the money.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by looseweight: 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
In Nigeria, I follow the bag, but in America or Europe, I follow passion

2 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Famocious(m): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow the bag and then use the money to fund your passion..

Passion with no money brings frustration ooo

5 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Subsea101: 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Bag twice every day... who passion epp.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by GoldenDee: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2021
tonieekpe:
Good day nairalanders, pls how can I get dragnet questions in preparation for notore exams...

Send a mail to geexclusive4@gmail.com
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by meobizy(f): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
Nowadays Jacks of all trades eat the biggest share of the pie. I bet it was like that all along before greedy rich people start preaching against the habit. There is nothing the wealthy hate more than seeing poor/disadvantaged people grow to meet them financially.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Athemisia: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
RapistOnBail:
Mr Man Talk true na yahoo u wan do!

Straight to the point...

Bad man disaster grin

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by kayo80(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
looseweight:
In Nigeria, I follow the bag, but in America or Europe, I follow passion

I support this.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Fiscus105(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
Plentiful maney oooooo

Money answereth many tons but for passion is not
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Terrium: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
In this country, we are in a situation where you have to think of the bag first. Sometimes following passion could lead to depression.

Na so we see am for NAIJA

Although talent and passion could secure the bag

3 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by kayo80(m): 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Flexherbal:
The bag.
Talent without money is frustrating.

Very.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Skillsnigeria: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Reading
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by obonujoker(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
VOsimhen144:
Mkkiujjgehyij vs Barcelona

Thursday

Time: 6:55pm

Lol.... grin
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Olam09(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Na talent be koko
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by jditimiya(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
Sometimes that dream you think is what you want is not what nature or God wants from you. So look down and see what you are really made of. Always follow that dream that will make you happy even if you are not seeing the money yet.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by MeghaneMorgane(f): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow the money, then after follow your talent and passion.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by anochuko01(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Strike a balance
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by SocialJustice: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
addexx:
Hey guys. Been meaning to ask.

Given the current economic situation globally. Especially of our dear country.

If you had the chance of chosing between achieving your lifelong ambition
or
following a path that leads to plenty money and comfort but you'll probably have to forfeit the other ambition for life.

What would you do?

Ever heard of the starving artist phenomenon. You might have been stuck chasing your dreams to the detriment of your personal welfare in terms of finances and also the amount of time you're losing to this. Should it still be worth chasing?

Or do you still believe so much in your dreams to keep on persevering?

What's the thin line?

Please share your opinions, experiences and life lessons.
The wisest path to follow is convergence of the two options. It means you become rich doing what you love or while pursuing your best ambition.

People who follow this third path are the most resilient, because they have figured their journey to wealth and believe in it 100%.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by LordIsaac(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Passion.....it will make you fulfilled in the long run.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by ukaface(f): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
The bag
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by JayromWrites: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
Does Dangote have passion foe cements?

2 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Chrisceejay: 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
strongly following the bad already.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by addexx: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
JayromWrites:
Does Dangote have passion foe cements?

Yes. He might have been passionate about becoming the biggest cement producer in Africa.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by tunize(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Truth is some passion needs money(physical cash $ connection) to execute first before you start to see positive result,so in my opinion it depends.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by tunize(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
Nemesis0147:
Talent for this country?
All my friends including me for don they England they ball if na by talent grin
Hungerbad@op
You na cruise nor carry the your nick enter 2022.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Agricmoney(m): 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow what outs table in the food while the passion follows suit because if the passion doesn't put food on your table then it's not a passion as passion is a booster when truly harnessed

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by anointedlinks: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
That question has been answered here
https://www.nairaland.com/6856326/global-greatness
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by TheOmoney(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
YOU NEED MONEY TO FUND YOUR PASSION!!

BE_WISE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Management Lessons From Atedo Peterside / Myths And Reality About Being A Manager / What Is The Hope Of Nigerians With Our Government Trade Test Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.