Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,384 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students (15065 Views)

Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Voy(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Wednesday, December 08, 2021 at 12:45 PM

Police arrest 4 more students, suspects narrate same story

• More details are emerging in the controversial death of Sylvester Oromoni, the 12-year-old Dowen College student allegedly murdered by fellow students

• Police authorities in Lagos say they have arrested four more students of the institution after getting a court order

• Interestingly, the students arrested and the ones previously brought in have been saying the same story according to police sources

Panti - The Lagos State Criminal Intelligence and Investigations Bureau, SCIIB, on Tuesday, December 7 invited four more students of Dowen College for questioning over their involvement in the death of Sylvester Oromoni, the 12-year-old student allegedly beaten to death by some senior students.

Vanguard newspaper reports that the police obtained a court order to detain the arrested suspects pending when investigations into the matter is concluded.

The suspects were taken to the command headquarters in Ikeja where they were interrogated by the commissioner of police, Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu after which, they were taken to Court 1, Yaba where the court order to detain them was granted.

With the court order, as the investigation is concluded, the suspects will be taken to the juvenile department for the next line of action.

Police sources also disclosed that the seven suspects shockingly made similar statements denying their culpability in the offence.

A source quoted in the report said:
“It was as if they were all lectured to make the same statement over the unfortunate incident. “This is because of the glaring similarity in their choice of words and denial which they stated in their statement. Infact, sources said that they were saying that the victim fell sick and the school authorities called the parents in Warri after which they sent one of their cousins to pick him in school. “Then, the cousin was said to have taken Sylvester to Ibadan only to call the school authorities a few days later to claim that his condition was deteriorating and was taking him to Warri where the parents reside

https://www.legit.ng/education/1446821-sylvester-oromoni-police-investigate-4-dowen-college-students/?fbclid=IwAR32-s27IvpWZY42BsGQ478H5LowlPQztZcpgrQvvsTGhgyk6mf4amiTnLQ

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by chatinent: 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
fullonia:
Good day Nairalanders,
I am a freelance content writer in need of a job urgently.
I am an experienced writer of 2 years, who have written for different blogs. I write on niches varying from health, biography, lifestyle, celebrity gist, entertainment and any other niche required. You can reach me via my email: fullonia001@gmail.com .
Samples will be made available upon request. Thank you very much.

You'll get yourself banned. I am also a writer who writes Academy research that is Turnitin friendly but I shouldn't be found trying to get myself banned. And to sum it up, mine is quite affordable...but I take things easy. grin

17 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by inoki247: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
maybe na d schl tell dem wetin dem go yarn...

This one wey all of dem dey say the same thing...

28 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Voy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
inoki247:
maybe na d schl tell dem wetin dem go yarn...

This one wey all of dem dey say the same thing...
can I be the chief investigator of this case please??

10 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Geestarry(f): 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2021
They've been tutored on what to say.

The arrests should have been done immediately.

Nevertheless, justice will prevail.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
It is impossible for their stories to be the same to include uses of words verbatim.

Very good that Police obtained an order to detain them in a juvenile detention centre. They should be kept far apart. Let's see if a few days in detention wont reset their lying tongues.

Do the crime then do the time. The police should not disgrace Nigeria. They must see this to the end and get that innocent boy justice.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Justice for Sly

But like play, play we dn forget Sanwo-Olu and his white paper panel o??

The main Bullies?? What are we doing about 'em??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Amspecial: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
shocked
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by JavaScript90: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
The truth is these kids are rich and powerful and nothing will happen to them. No sufficient evidence to nail them in court, this is the simple truth irrespective of how we feel.
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups.
I have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market and startup agents. Check the link on my signature for details of the website.
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by illicit(m): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
shocked
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by slawormiir: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar..

Justice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by BigDawsNet: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Juvenile cell holding go don full with suspects

Let's wait for investigation and final judgement
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by money121(m): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nice one
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Anneka101(f): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
If left alone, the police knows what to do and how to get to the root of this matter.

Those boys have been taught what to say but nevertheless the truth shall prevail.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by tutudesz: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
"It was as if they were all lectured to make the same statement over the unfortunate incident"
By the school management undecided

9 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Houseofglam7(f): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
Give em a week or two in juvy….they’d be singing like a canary

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by seborrhic: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
This is a test of the police integrity and capability.
We are looking at kids from influential and well to do homes being implicated in murder and prosecution that would keep them in jail for years and alter the course of their lives.
I see husband and wives quarrelling in many homes and blaming each other for the kids wayward behaviour.

8 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by LoneWolf200(m): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
Naija police go use dis case cashout well, food is ready for dem!

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by BruncleZuma: 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
Good show
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Olololonwa: 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
They never beat them. Bring them to okuzu SARS office

7 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Afokesco(m): 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
yo! yo!! yo!!!
no peace for the wicked
make d boy spirit dey fight now o
just like the way e dey be for naija movies grin

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by BruncleZuma: 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
Dsalvo:
It is impossible for their stories to be the same to include uses of words verbatim.

Very good that Police obtained an order to detain them in a juvenile detention centre. They should be kept far apart. Let's see if a few days in detention wont reset their lying tongues.

Do the crime then do the time. The police should not disgrace Nigeria. They must see this to the end and get that innocent boy justice.

We have those?

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Orined: 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
The entire school should be arrested

6 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Perfecttouch(m): 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
They denied?
So we're they expecting them to agree before?
Na from lie you go graduate go stealing then killing..

9 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Newyorkitis(m): 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
The net is getting wider
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Kokaine(m): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
Its quite easy to investigate kids compared to adults. Their lies are not as intelligible and confusing as adults who can really think processes through before issuing statements out that don't contradict. Kids lies are seen even in their faces. It won't be too long before one will start talking. Just trick him that he will be set free by the truth.

17 Likes

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students by Iamajala: 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
BEWARE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yabatech 2015/2016 Post Utme,full Nd Prt Time Nd/hnd Admission / Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network / Laspotech Year 2012/2013 Part Time Form?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.