Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? (23678 Views)

Should I Quit This Work. / Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Cholls(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Omooba77: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:
Should I quit this job and return home?

So I have been unemployed for a while until late last month that a friend gave me link to his place of work and I got the job. The pay is not good but I had to take it cos I was wasting away without any income.

Now I joined him in the city but he didn't tell me in his one room apartment, he has 3 other guys living in. I now make the 5th guy in one room. All of them have a girlfriend that still come to sleep in the same room. I'm sure you can imagine what it means living in such a condition. I'm just 2 weeks into the work but I have already felt so tired and fade that I'm thinking of quitting the job and go back to the village which is neither a better option. Some days, I sleep in the open in the compound because no space for me inside, absorbing all in the cold into my system which is very unhealthy, plus uncertain security situation. Also, according to the company's policy, I won't get paid through out the probationary period which is 3 months. How do I handle this?

I need advice please.

Endure to get experience as long as it is legit....
There is a kind aural you have working...
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Kokoebapluse(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
Foriti ( support the conditions with your head) I mean your head
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by emmykk(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hahahahw
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by nedekid: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
Don't be a quitter.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by lilvicky68(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
You better go back home..

To treat pneumonia no be small money..

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by ICEWIN: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:
The question is on going back to the village, do you have anything tangible you plan on doing? See my friend the pathway to greatness is never easy as I'll advise you mange and also explore other jobs options till you find something suitable to do then you move out. It won't be easy but always know that things won't be thesame forever. Just be hardworking, dedicated and committed then most importantly don't forget to always seek God in prayers and service then be rest assured you'll definitely scale through the huddles of life. All the best
bro u said well
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by SolarEdge: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Is this Nollywood?
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by dodoatirice: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sound sultan naija ninja: No mata where tou go make you nooooor forget area oo
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by InvertedHammer: 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

So I have been unemployed for a while until late last month that a friend gave me link to his place of work and I got the job. The pay is not good but I had to take it cos I was wasting away without any income.

Now I joined him in the city but he didn't tell me in his one room apartment, he has 3 other guys living in. I now make the 5th guy in one room. All of them have a girlfriend that still come to sleep in the same room. I'm sure you can imagine what it means living in such a condition. I'm just 2 weeks into the work but I have already felt so tired and fade that I'm thinking of quitting the job and go back to the village which is neither a better option. Some days, I sleep in the open in the compound because no space for me inside, absorbing all in the cold into my system which is very unhealthy, plus uncertain security situation. Also, according to the company's policy, I won't get paid through out the probationary period which is 3 months. How do I handle this?

I need advice please.

/
Everyone has a story.

If only some people know what it takes to be successful in life. Comfort should be the least of your concerns now. Just 2 weeks and you are bitching already.

You are even contemplating going back to continue "wasting" in the village instead of searching for better options in the city. I think you are lazy!

/

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by ibrutex(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Going back not an option ,keep telling yourself this and know that you ve just overcome that stagnation force ,now you are on the path to your greatness it never a rosy one though, endure and keep exploring , go to church or your mosque and connect and connect take responsibility in Church ,join the youth group and keep connecting , you shall get there.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by emmykk(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Esseite:
Which one is you wont get paid for the three months?.. would the 3months be accrued and paid lump sum?..

Yes that is how most work work
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Powerexpert: 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
How do you plan to survive the 3months?
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Richy4(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
heykims:
That ur friend is loyal to have accommodated u despite his living condition

it totally escaped his mind to be grateful...I guess he wanted to go home because there was an option.. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by geelite(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
i slept inside shop for two years till i got a better job.... today, I'm inside my own room...

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Nawaooo! Oga manage, but if you can't endure it "no kill yourself " I can imagine what you're going through.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Jonah507(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hope say Sapa no Sabi village address...

The route to success is not always rosy
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Pathokpo: 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.
The first question I have for you is if it's your friend that is paying for the rent alone or if it's a collective stuff? If he is the one paying alone na to talk to reason with am make every man get he own sleeping position. That way, whoever is coming with a visitor would have to plan on where the visitor would spend the night or he would have to sacrifice his own space.
If the rent is a collective stuff, my brother na to bear for the next 3 months or look for somewhere else to be spending the night.
I would never advice you to go back to the village unless you are expecting something huge there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by IceColdVeins(m): 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
E Shock you? grin
KillIgbohoN0W:

shocked
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by emmykk(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
Just go back home...nah who dey alive and healthy dey work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by JoeSoapy: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Everyone’s not reading the part where he said no payment/salary for 3 months. Village sure pass o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by samdaisi: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Village people at work even they have missed you
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Kajaard: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Esseite:
Which one is you wont get paid for the three months?.. would the 3months be accrued and paid lump sum?..

I don't understand as well.

Which company will not pay you for 3 months during your probation period? undecided

Makes no sense
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by apostle96: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Omo na dat company policy dey fear me for you oo
How u go take survive for those three months
Or dem dey giv u any alawans for transport & food?

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Better quit.

You never get job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Badonasty(m): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
Endure bro
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by franchasng: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lavisha:
Go back home bro.

That shitt is not for you.

2016 l, I got a 30k PA job in Opebi, Lagos.
The boss was an abusive rich brat, I quit after 2 weeks cos I just can't stand her bad mouthing all cos of a Job.

In 2017, I got a Job with Sumal Foods Ibadan as QC officer, makers of Biscuits and chewing Gums; never knew it was a fuckkin Indian Company.
The pay was 30k with 12hrs shifts, what broke the camel's back was I had to leave my Lagos to stay with a relative in Ibadan, it wasn't funny at all.
I lasted just 3 days ..

My dad disowned me cos of not wanting to do shitty jobs.

I kept on grinding for the right Job untill Dangote called!

Don't give up bro, you just need the right mentality.
Not everyone is fit for suffering, if you really think you belong to a better situation, Just hold on and keep grinding and praying, your turn will come.

If I can make it, you can too.
Dangote is still another greedy, shittty employer, keep praying for a better job, Dangote no follow even though I heard he pays up to 500k monthly to his refinery and fertilizer plant workers. Based on industry standard, he is underpaying his employees.

Nigeria just needs to be completely demolished and new set of people, probably Caucasians sent to replace the current black humans occupying Nigeria angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by staga: 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

My friend,
I have a relation who used to squat in his friend's house with 6 other guys. All of them were hustling anyhow, no work. For night, they will throw mattress on the ground and sleep in the parlour.

10 years later, this fellow is now working in the oil industry abroad. All the other guys are all doing well. Never succumb to the desire to go back to the village. It is a defeatist move.

Me sef, I have once slept outside in December harmattan on concrete flour. In the morning, I could not feel my fingers and toes. Today I have travelled and lived in several countries with valid residency papers.

I need advice please.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Henon: 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bro, keep the job. Stay there. I once slept on the floor in a room 4 of persons for more than a year until the room finally became my own for myself only.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by samdaisi: 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
]Nawaooo! Oga manage, but if you can't endure it "no kill yourself " I can imagine what you're going through. [/quote]
Oga are you sure you understand what the young man is going through why can't you scout him or you ask him account details and credit it rather than telling him to go and honour the village people asking him to come home and start drinking palming
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Teaser4(m): 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

United Bank For Africa (UBA) Entry-Level Teller Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Innoson Motors Recruiting 3000 Employees / National Directorate Of Employment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.