Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,418 members, 7,853,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? (23676 Views)

Should I Quit This Work. / Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by franchasng: 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:
Should I quit this job and return home?

So I have been unemployed for a while until late last month that a friend gave me link to his place of work and I got the job. The pay is not good but I had to take it cos I was wasting away without any income.

Now I joined him in the city but he didn't tell me in his one room apartment, he has 3 other guys living in. I now make the 5th guy in one room. All of them have a girlfriend that still come to sleep in the same room. I'm sure you can imagine what it means living in such a condition. I'm just 2 weeks into the work but I have already felt so tired and fade that I'm thinking of quitting the job and go back to the village which is neither a better option. Some days, I sleep in the open in the compound because no space for me inside, absorbing all in the cold into my system which is very unhealthy, plus uncertain security situation. Also, according to the company's policy, I won't get paid through out the probationary period which is 3 months. How do I handle this?

I need advice please.
Get your own girlfriend na and follow them enjoy. You can even suggest you guys start a party every night and before you know it, you will be enjoying your stay there than any other.

You need to be street smart guy cheesy
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Powersurge: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

So I have been unemployed for a while until late last month that a friend gave me link to his place of work and I got the job. The pay is not good but I had to take it cos I was wasting away without any income.

Now I joined him in the city but he didn't tell me in his one room apartment, he has 3 other guys living in. I now make the 5th guy in one room. All of them have a girlfriend that still come to sleep in the same room. I'm sure you can imagine what it means living in such a condition. I'm just 2 weeks into the work but I have already felt so tired and fade that I'm thinking of quitting the job and go back to the village which is neither a better option. Some days, I sleep in the open in the compound because no space for me inside, absorbing all in the cold into my system which is very unhealthy, plus uncertain security situation. Also, according to the company's policy, I won't get paid through out the probationary period which is 3 months. How do I handle this?

I need advice please.

Bro reason it like this.
1. Do you know the love hemust had for you to call you to come and join him in his one room apartment that has chocked him already? What do you think he has sacrificed to bring you here and offer you a means of living? What does it take him to kick your ass and those other guys out?

2. The beginning of everything is had. Are u saying you can't be able to raise money for a room within 6 months to 1 years?

3. Do you think to make it in life comes on a platter of gold?

Oga put your ego under your armpit and face life squarely. Going back to the village my foot. You even have a place to put your cloth and shower. Some people came here surviving under bridge till they were able to stand. You want to go the to the village to be "blowing" grammer as a graduate abi? Stay and face your problems as a man.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by socialmediaman: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.

OP The biggest problems I see here are sleeping outside in the cold, and not getting paid during your probation period. Sleeping outside in the cold could cause some health issues.

That being said, try to exhaust your options first. Ask your manager or colleagues if they could help you with accommodation during the probationary period, even it means paying a little or promising to pay in arrears when you start getting paid. Tell them your living situation, maybe someone could help or offer a helpful suggestion. You never know, someone may be touched to help. Survival sometimes means when offered the slightest opportunity, exploiting it further to your advantage. Its not a great situation already, but exhaust your options first and if none of them works, you could at least be confident that you tried.

Also, your friend knew about the other people living in his room before he offered you the place, so you also have to stand up for yourself. You should sleep in the room with the rest of the roommates and their girlfriends, don't make them comfortable and discomfort yourself by sleeping outside. If they're not paying rent like you then everyone deserves a chance to sleep inside the room even if it means lying very close to one another.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by egunna(m): 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.
y don't u just rent a single room,be it face me I slap u.it will make things easier for u.u can gather food from d village and manage urself for d time being.i know how u feel,some of us don't do well when we have no certain accomodations to return to after d days hustle.just get a room for urself,if na me,I for don sick.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by saydfact(m): 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:
Also, according to the company's policy, I won't get paid through out the probationary period which is 3 months. How do I handle this?

I need advice please.

you don't have a job sir - stop wasting your time....... get to the village if you have to and start a small biz or task assisting people for income.
The fact is there are jobs in the village you can do; you're just thinking those jobs are below your education level etc.

I'll advice you leave both the apartment and the job.
Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by ollybasa: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bros this is life, u need to be strong, try and endure and with that start making friends and get where to scort again till you get better. Just try one day you will head somewhere, villa will not help u to grow.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by heniford2: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.
lol, some of you want to travel out of the country but will complain at any giving opportunity look even in abroad people squirt oh till u can stand on ur own no bed of rose all u need to do is make friends who u can stay incase e bad as e take bad and plan ahead grin cheesy naso u see life, in DA village is it better than town undecided
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by francisbarrack(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.

Learn handy work. It pays alot.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by abuaaliyah(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
you have to start somewhere bro, hustle and go and rent your own apartment, your friend has tried his best for you
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by osuofia2(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
guy tsand put, no run go village o... but those guys no try sha. you de under person roof you still de bring babes come
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by obumsway(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
you get person we dey feed you nah ... why u no go talk thrash ... !!! see eh, its not easy as such out there .... OP should keep on persevering and strategizing on his way out for the path to greatness is never easy
Lavisha:
Go back home bro.

That shitt is not for you.

2016 l, I got a 30k PA job in Opebi, Lagos.
The boss was an abusive rich brat, I quit after 2 weeks cos I just can't stand her bad mouthing all cos of a Job.

In 2017, I got a Job with Sumal Foods Ibadan as QC officer, makers of Biscuits and chewing Gums; never knew it was a fuckkin Indian Company.
The pay was 30k with 12hrs shifts, what broke the camel's back was I had to leave my Lagos to stay with a relative in Ibadan, it wasn't funny at all.
I lasted just 3 days ..

My dad disowned me cos of not wanting to do shitty jobs.

I kept on grinding for the right Job untill Dangote called!

Don't give up bro, you just need the right mentality.
Not everyone is fit for suffering, if you really think you belong to a better situation, Just hold on and keep grinding and praying, your turn will come.

If I can make it, you can too.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by SLOVFO(m): 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
Don't sacrifice your health for any job. A living dog is better than a dead lion. No job is worth it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Abdulsalam32: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
may God bless that ur friend,it's not easy to do such thing 4 a friend.see guy b4 u consider going back 2 ur village think of those sleeping under bridge.and 4 ur job who tell u say na where u start from u go end,be doing it and keep searching 4 bigger one. that's d method,alaye be wise
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by damoceile: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
What manner of fuckery is that, not getting paid for a whole 3 months, did you explain your situation to them before taking up the job at all? How do they expect you to transport yourself to and fro and also feed?
I feel your village people are at work here bro, but then don't give up, just keep persevering... Las las e go be!
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:
I'm confused.
Me too undecided
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Roseey0(f): 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Speak to your employer, colleagues, anyone at all to help you with accommodation closer to your work place. Endure Man..its not forever. It's for a time frame..then save and move.

I left my father's mansion and went to one face me I slap you room in mazamaza then to hustle and utilise my youthful strength. I was able to get a 40k job at first and later 75k before I left the accommodation. It wasn't anything close to what I wanted for myself but then joblessness is worse. I endured.

Just make sure you have a plan. Don't go and waste your life in the village

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Drefaithful(m): 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Staying in the city avail you of more opportunity than village, just endure for a while, you might get better job.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by jeyem(m): 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Oga manage am, you go survive, I got a job too in city in 2011 with FMN, I have to stay wit a friend in ajegunle because of transport fare, na 8 guys dey for that room including me! 5guys get permanent girl who wish to Zap every night . 2 girls like passing the night! I no dey sleep at all because of banging every night! I dey enjoy the noise sometimes but not every time! I still survive! I move out after 6 month! I be boss for my company now! You go survive oga!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by femi4: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.
Go home, this is slavery not a job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Candidlady: 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
Henon:
Bro, keep the job. Stay there. I once slept on the floor in a room 4 of persons for more than a year until the room finally became my own for myself only.

¤your grammar is confusing¤ but thats nat why am here!

maybe am seeing your post from another angle or something am nat sure!

you were 4 in a room and you ended up owning the room?

do you feel like those 3 that left you actually moved on?

or

they couldnt cope with situation of things so they went back to their villages

¤dont know if am evening making any sense¤
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by maak400: 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
This is pure suffering, pls go back to the village.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by olisefom: 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
Was once in OPs "shoes".

Halfway into my journey to Lagos about 10years ago, I called a former school mate who I knew stays in lagos (we schooled together in ado back then). He offered I can come to his place (I must confess, this guy has a large heart- sometimes, we will be up to eight in number).

I wasn't used to that, but the fact that I came with a borrowed shirt and a borrowed pair of trouser (no point going back home as the situation wasn't a good one)

I always sleep inside though...fast forward, I was able to get an apartment within a short time.

Dear OP, if the situation at home is not going to help, I'll advise you hold on strong.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by maak400: 3:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

Yes
Is the pay more than 30k? And how close is the place of work to where you're staying
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lavisha:
Go back home bro.

The boss was an abusive rich brat, I quit after 2 weeks cos I just can't stand her bad mouthing all cos of a Job.

In 2017, I got a Job with Sumal Foods Ibadan as QC officer, makers of Biscuits and chewing Gums; never knew it was a fuckkin Indian Company.
The pay was 30k with 12hrs shifts, what broke the camel's back was I had to leave my Lagos to stay with a relative in Ibadan, it wasn't funny at all.
I lasted just 3 days ..

Not everyone is fit for suffering, if you really think you belong to a better situation, Just hold on and keep grinding and praying, your turn will come.

You are blessed fine woman.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by advanceDNA: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
My own question in all of this is.... which kind woman dey collect penis inside room with 3 other men...

I’m not understanding
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by VTJN(m): 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Candidlady:

¤your grammar is confusing¤ but thats nat why am here!

maybe am seeing your post from another angle or something am nat sure!

you were 4 in a room and you ended up owning the room?

do you feel like those 3 that left you actually moved on?

or

they couldnt cope with situation of things so they went back to their villages

¤dont know if am evening making any sense¤
probably those ones got a better accommodation elsewhere or job
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by 55truth: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Opexzy:
The major issue here is you not getting paid, through out the probational period... That's crazy... It's like I have never heard of it before.

Are you sure, you are not being taken for granted here?
They will pay accrued after the 3 months.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by riverbird: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
Guy take a chill pill even if the company says they ain't paying you for a year, the main thing here is that you have left your comfort zone, let me tell you there are people who sleep under the bridge in Lagos but they never give up. If you stay around apapa let me know so I can link you up with something that will be putting feeding money and up keep in your pocket but you get strength?( Atleast 12k every week and it's permanent night). And after everyday work you get a stipend as transport back home.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by advanceDNA: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lavisha:
Go back home bro.

I lasted just 3 days ..

U sure say you be woman??
See as you dey yarn correct flows...
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by BlackyOne: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.

Omo, I don't even know how to advice you but I pray God give you a better job and accommodate, keep applying for more jobs...

Now to the other humorous side grin, is it not the same girls that are jumping upandan all over the social space that are dating those guys? I'm sure some of those days they may have 3 girls joining them, making 7 or more persons in one room!!! see responsible orgy shocked shocked grin

I pity girls who takes their fellow girl's advice serious though!... Bunch of broke ass hypocrites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Foodqueen(f): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
55truth:

I need advice please.

Eeya!! What's your location?

Maybe something can be arranged for you.
Re: Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? by Ahmeddare(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
You just need to endure or if you are a Christian, be going to night vigil and if you are a Muslim be going to qiyamul-lail till you will get paid. At least the probation salaries will be paid after probation which can be used for house rent. Don't go back home, that situation will even give you more sense to think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

United Bank For Africa (UBA) Entry-Level Teller Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Innoson Motors Recruiting 3000 Employees / National Directorate Of Employment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.