Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,664 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze (15111 Views)

One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees / 2023: Ohanaeze, Others Name Amaechi, Umahi, Onu As Best Presidential Candidate / 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by sunnnnyuu(m): 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/north-should-be-on-its-knees-begging-for-an-igbo-president-in-2023-%E2%80%95-ohanaeze/
Noway that north will beg for Igbo president, if north will look for anything from Igbos is let's their elites join ipob to break from Nigeria, so that south south and south west will follow the track, 2023 no more Nigeria, it's independence time by God grace

1 Like

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Penguin2: 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
perambulator:

I am too worried about the suffering your fathers have caused my people and the stunted development caused by their actions to give a shit about your people's predicament especially when you clearly show no remorse and clearly refuse to acknowledge your errors. You created your bed, lie on it.

Nigeria is as chaotic as it is because you and your ilk think Igbos and their generation must be punished for the mistakes of their fathers forever.

You can keep segregating us and expect us to come with a bended knee to say mea culpa at your feet.

As much you are right that this generation of Igbos should let go of the past, other Nigerians too must do the same or remain in this circle that is taking no one to nowhere.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by aribisala0(m): 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Are you asking me that question,, ain't you in Nigeria?
Are you people not the ones who brought in the ethnic tribal and religious bigot at the villa!?
You claim you are Edo?
Edo did not vote for him?
So they only developed mouth when Buhari became President?

They di not have mouth under Balewa
They did not have mouth under Gowon
They did not have mouth under Muhammad
They did not have mouth under Shagari
They did not have mouth under General Buhari
They did not have mouth under General Babangida
They did not have mouth under General Abacha
They did not have mouth under General Absusalaam
They did not have mouth under Musa Yar'adua

Or if they did It was Yoruba that gave them

So they did not...............

All of a sudden Somebody won election with Yoruba backing and it is a crime?

What about the other times they won elections ? Did Edo that you claim to be not support them?

If truly you are Edo ....I doubt it

tell us ONE time that Edo have voted differently from Yoruba
I will tell you history

1 Like

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by biyams83(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/north-should-be-on-its-knees-begging-for-an-igbo-president-in-2023-%E2%80%95-ohanaeze/
No problem let them wait for the northerners to come and beg them in next 30 years, stupid people

2 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by AfonjaConehead: 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
aribisala0:
You claim you are Edo?

What about the other times they won elections ? Did Edo that you claim to be not support them?

I will tell you history

Quit bringing medieval times to present affairs.no right thinking people bring a certified failure of a buhari to power in this dispensation. Edo is part of the Niger Delta and didn't vote buhari..that oshi Omo ole used his position to influence Edo votes. That same year,Edo voted for Ize Iyamu as gov but under PDP but APC turned things around.

And importantly,only a bastard claims to be from where he is not,you sound like an adult to know that.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by haffaze777(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
aribisala0:
You claim you are Edo?

I will tell you history

That flatron is mkpurumiri smokergrin

2 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by VanDerWaalforces: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Vistra40:
Rather than play the right politics this Ohanaeze is still grandstanding and weakening the chance of potential igbo candidates. The problem of the igbo man is himself
Not really my brother. Igbos don't pretend. That's who they are. It's not in their character to "dobale" for anyone especially in situations like this.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Penguin2:

Nigeria is as chaotic as it is because you and your ilk think Igbos and their generation must be punished for the mistakes of their fathers forever.

Nigeria is chaotic because it contains ibos. thats what you do........create chaos whenever you dont get your way. Secondly i couldnt care less about ibos talk less about punishing them. believe it or not i have no vendetta against ibos. However it is amazing you cant see you are making the same mistakes of your fathers so if it were a question of punishment (which it isnt) you dont reward a sinner who is still comitting the same sins and shows no remorse. I really dont understand how you people dont get this.

Penguin2:

You can keep segregating us and expect us to come with a bended knee to say mea culpa at your feet.

Who is asking you to beg? I dont think you understand...we dont want an Ibo president whether you beg or not.

you still do not understand that you are the ones who put yourselves in this situation. You mission was to subjugate others but it backfired on you. I have no sympathy for that. I genuinely wish you can get Biafra because it means by extension we shall also be free of this contraption. Dont flatter yourself, you dont matter to us. We just find you amusing. the damage has been done, the ibo is insignificant at this moment to us.

Penguin2:

As much you are right that this generation of Igbos should let go of the past, other Nigerians too must do the same or remain in this circle that is taking no one to nowhere.

I wasnt raised with this view of Ibos, I was raised as a Nigerian despite our differences. It is only observing the uterances of the ibos in the last 6 years that i started seeing the ibos for what they are. You have no idea the damage Kanu and all you people on the internet abusing other tribes on the internet have done to your cause. As for going anywhere, we know we are not going anywhere as a country. The kind of change required to move Nigeria forward can never happen so long as the ibos are part of Nigeria because of the experiences of the North. The kind of change required to move Nigeria forward requires respect and trust something the North realised in 1966 does not exist as far as ibos and as we can see still exists today from the ibos and will never forget and unfortunately they wont let ibos leave because of their desire to keep the country one.

4 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by juman(m): 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sowore is the answer.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by MrMaestro: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
VanDerWaalforces:
Not really my brother. Igbos don't pretend. That's who they are. It's not in their character to "dobale" for anyone especially in situations like this.
The fact that you think it’s some sort of insult means you all don’t even understand the concept of honor. The Japanese culture is one of the most revered, and rightfully so due to its culture of honor and humility. It’s no wonder you all act the way you do.

2 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by adekolaelect(m): 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
These poeple are still in confused mode .No one will give you or stop you from getting presidency but you will work for it .

3 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Sctests: 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lai mohammed should tell his lackeys in NTA and NOA to sponsor a 'national unity' message begging Igbos to lead nigeria not all those boring 'one nigeria' lullaby he is airing on NTA.

You cannot make 60 million Igbos disgruntled and angry and expect to have a sense of peace and intact 'one nigeria'. Kolework.

It is either you want peace or you don't and 2022-2023 is more important in the life span of nigeria than all the years previously lived. We shall know how you want your one nigeria by then.

60 million people cannot continue to be pushed to the wall forever. Your push will be resisted until they break free.

1 Like

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Dayvidblue: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Vistra40:
Rather than play the right politics this Ohanaeze is still grandstanding and weakening the chance of potential igbo candidates. The problem of the igbo man is himself
And who are you kid?
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Vistra40: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
VanDerWaalforces:

I know bro. But in politics, one have to reach out to people for support, not that one would lick ass. If SE would produce a president, igbos alone won’t get the person in aso rock. But then again, where the president comes from should not matter

1 Like

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Dayvidblue: 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Vistra40:

Dude, calm down. First off, am not a yoruba but a south easterner like you. Secondly, am not the type that comes to Nairaland to fight tribal battles. Thirdly, follow my history in this forum and you would see that my views are always objective. I even attack those who denigrate igbos in the name of bigotry and criticize igbos alike. My comments are based on what I think is right than to be emotional about it.

Is it time for an igbo presidency? Yes! Are they playing the right politics to earn it? No! People like OUK, Rochas and until recently Anyim are making efforts but the attitude of our people isn’t helping.

And oh for the fulanis that you said they kill, relax. Each time they attack IPOB(even though I don’t agree with their strategy entirely) I quickly fire back by reminding them about banditry up north. So relax bro and don’t be too emotional cos am not the type that would do something just to appeal to emotions

Such a long epistle just to cloth your hypocrisy which already stands naked before us.
You are no Igbo man, you are most likely from the tribe that eats from leaves and defecate in plates.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Vistra40: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dayvidblue:

Such a long epistle just to cloth your hypocrisy which already stands naked before us.
You are no Igbo man, you are most likely from the tribe that eats from leaves and defecate in plates.

Ok
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Vistra40: 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dayvidblue:

And who are you kid?

If my comment is paining you, then too bad. Goodnight
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by VanDerWaalforces: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
MrMaestro:

The fact that you think it’s some sort of insult means you all don’t even understand the concept of honor. The Japanese culture is one of the most revered, and rightfully so due to its culture of honor and humility. It’s no wonder you all act the way you do.
I do not dispute what u've said here; however, I just stated the obvious.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by VanDerWaalforces: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
Vistra40:

I know bro. But in politics, one have to reach out to people for support, not that one would lick ass. If SE would produce a president, igbos alone won’t get the person in aso rock. But then again, where the president comes from should not matter
You are right!
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 12:44am On Dec 10, 2021
Amumaigwe:

Also go and read the content of the Aburi accord signed by Gowon on behalf of the Federal Government but later repudiated on the advise of Awolowo. Maybe after, your ignorance bleatings will abate.
Care providing evidence that Awolowo was the one who so advised Gowon? What was Zik's own role in the whole saga? I mean Zik' the Mr. One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Drogunov: 3:03am On Dec 10, 2021
adekolaelect:
These poeple are still in confused mode .No one will give you or stop you from getting presidency but you will work for it .

I don't know where they got this entitlement mentality from. Come together. No! Field a strong party. No! Get a viable candidate. No! Vote massively for him. No! But you want to be president. Mumu people.

3 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by louqas: 4:27am On Dec 10, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Buhari and his fulani herdsmen are killing you idiots in every of the 774 local govts of the zoo but una no go ever complain.
Na Igbo be una problem for this world.
You go soon perish

Only iboman complains about others but never want anyone to complain about him. In another thread ibos will be making jest of others and how their legialators were in tears seeing their people in IDP camps
In another thread ibos will say your people arr being killed and you are not complaining so ibos too should start killing themselves
Then in another thread ibos will scream how other tribes hate them but ask them to leave they start begging and foolishly say others are not allowing them to go....does anyone has to tell you to leave where your life is in danger?....fulanis saw real hate in the east and have all left.....why are you still holed up in youubaland and hausaland instead of your land of freedom...land of the rising sun, what are you scared of in biafra....any iboman shouting biafra while still hold up in any nigerian city is just having diarrohea of the mouth....

3 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Deadlytruth(m): 5:11am On Dec 10, 2021
aribisala0:
You claim you are Edo?

I will tell you history

That moniker is not an Edo person. He is Igbo hiding under the claim of being Edo.

3 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Ovamboland(m): 6:57am On Dec 10, 2021
Penguin2:

Then that’s why you have the option of letting this people go.

Allow the Igbos to leave and stop fearing their imaginary intention to subjugate the rest of Nigerians.

For how long are your eyes going to be open and you oppose an Igbo presidency?

Go and learn how to win the political game. There are over 200 other ethnic groups who have never led the country and they will not therefore be removed from Nigeria. Ibo has had the opportunity to lead the country and hold important positions.

2 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Ovamboland(m): 7:13am On Dec 10, 2021
Chuksmonika:
Simply put, it's either Igbo President or Igbos will secede from Nigeria. That's just it!

We are ready more than ever before, God-willing, 2023 will be an interesting year.

Another round of mass starvation loading. You are even far less prepared than 1967.

No need for Calabar or Bonny amphibious landing by 3CMD, all that needs to be done is blockade the 5 SE states and let them fight each other till they call for surrender

2 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Biafrarep(m): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2021
Gbagura:
SE shouldn't expect presidency be given without sweating for it. If there's any ibo man that can boast of getting supports across the country, let him prove himself. You wouldn't have burnt all available bridges and later ask arrogantly to be given president.

We have only 2 tribes deciding for Nigeria which are Yoruba and Haúsá/fulani. Others are just mere spectators. They are known as Èrò iworan grin

Lol, funny yoruba man. Stop flattering yourself dude, yoruba has never decided for Nigeria, rather it's the Fulani. Can you tell me one instance where yoruba decided for Nigeria?

With all the yoruba support, Awolowo struggled till his death to rule Nigeria but the true deciders i.e. Fulanis refused!

Abiola struggled to rule Nigeria with all yorubas behind him but Fulanis vehemently refused and he died in prison while still trying!

You yorubas wanted Olu Falae in 1999 and gave him 100% support but the true deciders refused and wanted Obasanjo and OBJ ruled!

Throughout history, it has always been like that until 2011 when tinubu betrayed the South yet the same North came out openly to say that tinubu or yoruba support was insignificant in making Buhari president!

Acting as snitches and grovelling before others doesn't make you a decide please!

You guys are so funny indeed, always beating empty dry chest like a mountain gorrila cheesy cheesy
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by orisa37: 8:45am On Dec 10, 2021
Only SOLUDO IS QUALIFIED.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by orisa37: 8:48am On Dec 10, 2021
Only OBIANO IS QUALIFIED.
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Biafrarep(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2021
Ovamboland:

Another round of mass starvation loading. You are even far less prepared than 1967.

No need for Calabar or Bonny amphibious landing by 3CMD, all that needs to be done is blockade the 5 SE states and let them fight each other till they call for surrender

Lol, you're not smart at all. Starvation, blockade or carpet bombing that was used against Biafra was possible because there was a central government engaged in a territorial war against the federal government.

Now, such scenario can't happen again. There is no central authority in Igboland with a standing army and territory to protect! What you will experience is a guerilla warfare targeting Nigerian government interests and if you think that committing genocide will work, then it shows how ignorant you are because once Igbo elite aligns with the Igbo masses, they will achieve a critical mass needed to get global attention. The world will never want Nigeria to go into full blown war knowing the challenges it will bring, so they will prefer a peaceful resolution.

During the peak of IPOB confrontations with the police and army, you saw how the police stations at some point began to put up Biafra flag because they were afraid! Checkpoints disappeared on our highways!

IPOB was able to get to that extent even without Igbo elite support, then imagine what it will be like should they enjoy mass support!

And believe me, there ain't much the federal government will do, because you can't send jets to bomb cities when the guerilla fighters are in the bush. Add the fact that Nigeria is now a fragile state, with Boko Haram and all manner of terrorists fast enveloping the North.

You claim that Igbos are less prepared than in 1967 but forgot that Nigeria was cohesive and prosperous back then with very little or challenges at all. Unlike now that virtually everyone is fed up!

Stop threatening war because you're not even in the position to guarantee its outcome!!
Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Ovamboland(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2021
Biafrarep:

Lol, funny yoruba man. Stop flattering yourself dude, yoruba has never decided for Nigeria, rather it's the Fulani. Can you tell me one instance where yoruba decided for Nigeria?

With all the yoruba support, Awolowo struggled till his death to rule Nigeria but the true deciders i.e. Fulanis refused!

Abiola struggled to rule Nigeria with all yorubas behind him but Fulanis vehemently refused and he died in prison while still trying!

You yorubas wanted Olu Falae in 1999 and gave him 100% support but the true deciders refused and wanted Obasanjo and OBJ ruled!

Throughout history, it has always been like that until 2011 when tinubu betrayed the South yet the same North came out openly to say that tinubu or yoruba support was insignificant in making Buhari president!

Acting as snitches and grovelling before others doesn't make you a decide please!

You guys are so funny indeed, always beating empty dry chest like a mountain gorrila cheesy cheesy

Thank you for agreeing that Ibos never supported Yoruba political aspirations and have always betrayed southern unity at every opportunity. Ibo Voting against the Yoruba candidate in 2023 is been true to type since beginning of Nigeria, no need for all the threat of voting for Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: North Should Be On Its Knees Begging For An Igbo President In 2023 ― Ohanaeze by Ovamboland(m): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2021
Biafrarep:

Lol, you're not smart at all. Starvation, blockade or carpet bombing that was used against Biafra was possible because there was a central government engaged in a territorial war against the federal government.

Now, such scenario can't happen again. There is no central authority in Igboland with a standing army and territory to protect! What you will experience is a guerilla warfare targeting Nigerian government interests and if you think that committing genocide will work, then it shows how ignorant you are because once Igbo elite aligns with the Igbo masses, they will achieve a critical mass needed to get global attention. The world will never want Nigeria to go into full blown war knowing the challenges it will bring, so they will prefer a peaceful resolution.

During the peak of IPOB confrontations with the police and army, you saw how the police stations at some point began to put up Biafra flag because they were afraid! Checkpoints disappeared on our highways!

IPOB was able to get to that extent even without Igbo elite support, then imagine what it will be like should they enjoy mass support!

And believe me, there ain't much the federal government will do, because you can't send jets to bomb cities when the guerilla fighters are in the bush. Add the fact that Nigeria is now a fragile state, with Boko Haram and all manner of terrorists fast enveloping the North.

You claim that Igbos are less prepared than in 1967 but forgot that Nigeria was cohesive and prosperous back then with very little or challenges at all. Unlike now that virtually everyone is fed up!

Stop threatening war because you're not even in the position to guarantee its outcome!!

Your guerilla war will be based in your state ba? Continue, no problem. Amnesty, NGO and IDP people will have new jobs created for them out of you and your people's misery.

Ojukwu made bigger calculations and claimed the biggest army in black Africa. At the end he ran with tail between his legs after causing carnage and destruction.

He got forgiveness but could not forgive Victor Banjo, Emmanuel Ifeajuna and others he executed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bloodbath In Lagos: Soldiers Kill Police Dpo, Dco 8 Others / Enugu Government Seals 8 Banks For Failing To Remit N1bn To The Govt / Court Affirms Senator Rafiu Ibrahim As PDP Candidate For Kwara South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.