Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk (10125 Views)

Mr Macaroni Leads Peace Walk To Commemorate #endsars 3rd Anniversary(pics) / We'll Never Walk Alone! - Sanwo-Olu Excited As LASU Students Join His Peace Walk / Falz, Mr Macaroni Reject Sanwo-Olu’s Invite For Peace Walk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has shelved the Lagos peace walk planned for December 2021.

The Governor, in an address on November 30, 2021, had invited some known faces of the EndSARS protest in the state in October 2020 to a peace walk for “the healing of Lagos” later this month.

But in a press statement on Thursday, November 9, 2021, Sanwo-Olu said he is “constrained to stand down all preparations for the Walk for Peace” so as not to “endanger the life of any Lagosian” amid the outbreak of the Omicron COVID-19 variant.

He said, “Between Tuesday 30, November 2021 that I made my address and now, we have seen a significant rise in cases associated with the Omicron variant of this pandemic.

“Given this development, I am constrained to stand down all preparations for the Walk for Peace. I will not endanger the life of any Lagosian in my sincere search for peace. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of support the initiative received from far and near. The deluge of support is, however, indicative of one thing: our people know the strategic place of peace to our quest for development.”

SOURCE

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by madridguy(m): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Best decision Gov. Sanwo-Olu. A good leader will always consider the consequences of his/her action.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by ipobarethieves: 11:09am On Dec 09, 2021
sad
Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by Maxymilliano(m): 11:10am On Dec 09, 2021
Sense don prevail ... My heartfelt sympathy to Lasu hungry students who just missed some money. cry tongue

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by afroniger: 11:11am On Dec 09, 2021
That's a wise decision. Omicron is spreading like wildfire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by LeeSantos(m): 11:27am On Dec 09, 2021
The only state doing well in Nigeria
The new York of Africa.

I'm not a lagosian but I love Lagos. ❤

10 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by checkmatez: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2021
At least we should wave Nigeria flag where ever we are!!! In respect to that
Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by sammirano: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Bastard drug addict

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by Jh0wsef(m): 11:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by treesun: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE
Omicron or fear of hijacking by touts, seeing what happened at Ojudu. Young boys and girls throwing stones.
At least thank God wisdom has prevailed.

But in a press statement on Thursday, November 9, 2021, Sanwo-Olu said he is “constrained to stand down all preparations for the Walk for Peace” so as not to “endanger the life of any Lagosian” amid the outbreak of the Omicron COVID-19 variant.

November 9? Typo error or Mr. Jags or Mr. Akosile didn't read through before issuing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by Houseofglam7(f): 11:27am On Dec 09, 2021
undecided
Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by saasala(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2021
Eleeribu governor.

Click Like if you think Sanwolu na mad man. Click share if you think otherwise

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by VOsimhen144(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2021
Peace walk ko, peace jump ni

3 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by Rootprof(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2021
Omicron or not security wise that walk is not a good idea, what if he got attacked or anything bad happens, most especially now that many things keeps happening in Lagos almost everyday.
Let him channel that energy into something else better.
That walk is more of show up and nothing more, where were the so called organization when the whole shit was going on even MURIC.
May God give Nigerians brain and sense to vote in leaders with human feelings.

2 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by EXLOVER(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2021
Nigeria should stop deceiving themselves with this Omicron ABI ominimin

2 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by lexy2014: 11:29am On Dec 09, 2021
afroniger:
That's a wise decision. Omicron is spreading like wildfire.

Despite vaccination

2 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 09, 2021
60 civil societies are preparing to walk with sanwo-olu?Where are they when the SAR's are brutalizing innocent people?

5 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by englishmart(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2021
This is the best time to lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by Noshitboi(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2021
Time to use omicron as an excuse for our failures grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by kayuseful: 11:30am On Dec 09, 2021
It has to be cancelled
so all who may have gotten money to mobilize people for the walk bayi nko

3 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by ATEAMS: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2021
Trial and errors

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by sandymikky: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2021
There's no Omicron involved in the cancellation, the so-called peace walk was always dead on arrival. The major participants who would've given the walk the credibility he so seeks turned down the invite.

10 Likes

Re: Omicron: Sanwo-Olu Shelves Lagos Peace Walk by TimmyTen(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2021
Omicron Ko - Omiokro Ni !!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators / Ignorant APC Vice Prof. Osinbajo Does Not Know Gas / No Customs Duty And VAT On CNG Conversion Kits Imports – Ngelale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.