Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good (1115 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / I Started My Business With N600k. Here's the story. / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 10, 2021
The first customer I had was like the best gift to me. I was so excited, my hands were literally shaking.

As a student always falling short of money I knew I had to devise a means as a side hustle so when I was in 200lv I started doing assignment for my coursemate with MS word on my phone. I did not have a laptop. I help them to pay their school fees with my card and save almost everything I got. The process of saving was slow and exhausting. I wanted to open my own Cafe by April this year but crisis arised at home and I had to help in my own little way. So my plan to have a cafe was postponed. I continue saving but with the way almost everything is expensive (foodstuffs and personal upkeeping) savings was almost impossible.

September this year I got a Laptop, printer, a laminate machine and a generator all on Jiji. They are all already used. My initial plan was 2 Laptops but due to cost I had to cut my budget. I was out of cash but I felt good all through that month. I got some departmental gigs, worked on them and on Tuesday I got my own space inside the school for business. It's an old abandoned shop, but I'll make the best out of it.

I feel so proud of myself.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by TeeGentle(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2021
wonderful
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by dollynnn(f): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2021
I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Healthrelatedjo: 7:39am On Dec 10, 2021
God bless your hustle.
I am planning on starting a food business next yr January.
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Adeoludt(m): 7:39am On Dec 10, 2021
Great ....nice move
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Ahmed0336(m): 7:57am On Dec 10, 2021
May God bless your hustle

1 Like

Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by yuping(m): 8:09am On Dec 10, 2021
Sounds like a paid ads

1 Like

Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Seniorwriter(m): 8:09am On Dec 10, 2021
Doradorwa:
The first customer I had was like the best gift to me. I was so excited, my hands were literally shaking.

As a student always falling short of money I knew I had to devise a means as a side hustle so when I was in 200lv I started doing assignment for my coursemate with MS word on my phone. I did not have a laptop. I help them to pay their school fees with my card and save almost everything I got. The process of saving was slow and exhausting. I wanted to open my own Cafe by April this year but crisis arised at home and I had to help in my own little way. So my plan to have a cafe was postponed. I continue saving but with the way almost everything is expensive (foodstuffs and personal upkeeping) savings was almost impossible.

September this year I got a Laptop, printer, a laminate machine and a generator all on Jiji. They are all already used. My initial plan was 2 Laptops but due to cost I had to cut my budget. I was out of cash but I felt good all through that month. I got some departmental gigs, worked on them and on Tuesday I got my own space inside the school for business. It's an old abandoned shop, but I'll make the best out of it.

Commendable efforts!
OP if you can afford internet access of @least 1G weekly then try go into remote job or start learning a DS for you to effectively earn via online.
With the gadgets you have though you can start a PrintOnDelivery T-shirt business.....

If you are reading this as a nairalander and you have a browsing phone + internet access and yet not earning @least $5 daily via online with it then you are very unwise!
Reach out via the Facebook ID on my profile for an all-round mentoring for a token fee.
One of the easiest DS to earn with is WHITEBOARD ANIMATION SKILLS.

@Seniorwriter
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by SportsHD: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2021
Wow, amazing. How did you get capital to purchase all that? The printer, generator and all?
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 10, 2021
SportsHD:
Wow, amazing. How did you get capital to purchase all that? The printer, generator and all?
I saved for closely 3 years... Money got from running errands for fellow students doing their assignments, and writing their attendance.

4 Likes

Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by SportsHD: 9:20am On Dec 10, 2021
Doradorwa:
I saved for closely 3 years... Money got from running errands for fellow students doing their assignments, and writing their attendance.
Wow, with this iota of focus, I'm impressed. I wish you bigger mights.
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2021
You're doing well
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Newusername(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
So nice girl. I commend you for this.
Keep it up.
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by SavageResponse(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2021
yuping:
Sounds like a paid ads

It's obvious you don't even know the meaning of the term "Paid advert"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
Congrats op... But saving for 3 years lipsrsealed

It's well. All fingers are not equal.

I'm proud of you
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Unigrad: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
Doradorwa:

Congratulations Sir
Which specifications of laptop did you buy at jiji and how much did it cost?
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
Unigrad:

Congratulations Sir
Which specifications of laptop did you buy at jiji and how much did it cost?
It's a samsung laptop... It cost me 35k plus delivery... Its a window 8 and with 350g rom...
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
Newusername:
So nice girl. I commend you for this.
Keep it up.
Thank you very much
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by yuping(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
SavageResponse:

It's obvious you don't even know the meaning of the term "Paid advert"
I do know what it is, not every one is as dumb as you think.
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by SavageResponse(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
yuping:

I do know what it is, not every one is as dumb as you think.

If you did then you would not have called this a paid advert
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Matkeys20(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
Thanks so much for this info.
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Adaanna(f): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
God bless your hustle op.
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by yuping(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
SavageResponse:

If you did then you would not have called this a paid advert
I never said is a paid ad
I said LIKE
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by GoldenqueenC(f): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
More blessings to you.
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by Godmother(f): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Congrats! I wish you all the best. Don't forget to plow back most of your profit into the business so you grow faster.

In the meantime, check out 11 ways I make money here in Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/6894193/11-ways-make-money-here
Re: I Started My Own Business On Wednesday And It Feels Good by olamoses75(m): 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations bro. More business, more money in Jesus name.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Please Explain? Just Received An FCMB Message / Investment Oppourtunity Available. / I Am A Chinese, And I Am Prepared To Do Nigeria Trade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.